The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Sorry Tango. But fxck it there are some real arseholes on here, thebish being not the least of them, William the White being an utter cxnt. Don't bother with the ban. I'll not be back, and I think I'll be doing a bit more painting in the next few weeks. Cheers.
Bish is one of the best, nicest, kindest people I know. I have also met WtW and he seems lovely too. I can't imagine either of them lowering themselves to nasty name calling just because they disagree with your opinion. I'm sorry you feel the need to leave spotty, I like you and wish you all the best for the future but that's bang out of order IMHO.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:^ to be honest, I was going to add the line "that said, I've never seen anything remotely anti semitic on this website".

Iirc it was me that raised the issue of Israel & Gaza on here. Spotty didn't have to get involved but chose too. His first epic rant and claims of anti semitism surfaced quite quickly long before many other posters aired their own views.

Much as I liked most of his posts, he alone is responsible for his unreasonable response imo
I don't disagree with what you say, Harry - Spotty is responsible for what he writes and his own reactions. However, we know he has been ill, we know he holds extremely strong views at least on this one subject (Islam) and we know he has anger management issues. It struck me it might be better just to ignore a rant than to badger him with contrary arguments however well formulated. To me it would seem as pointless as trying to get Tango to alter his religious views by showing ones knowledge of the Holy Writ to be greater than his. It is fine to discuss these things but ultimately it can get irritating and offensive if the baiting continues. Granted Spotty has a lower threshold than most, but we know this.
Debate between posters doesn't belong to individuals who happen to disagree with each but to all who visit the forum. Responding to another poster isn't exclusively to try and convince the other person - but to open up the debate. I wouldn't expect Spotski to be convinced by any argument on issues he holds dear. Or Tango. Or me.

But when it comes to stigmatising an entire faith and wild accusations of anti-Semitism and personal abuse - that surely should receive an answer. Has to, really.

I am dismayed that he seems to be seriously ill. And really do wish him well.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:37 am

This is best left be from all parties, regardless what is said and irrespective of stance. We are human.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 am

KeyserSoze wrote:This is best left be from all parties, regardless what is said and irrespective of stance. We are human.
Works for me, KS.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:32 am

This is all a bit odd given I've met LLS, WtW and Bish. I reckon LLS would get along a lot better with WtW and Bish if he met them but nay. Good luck with your painting LLS
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:58 am

Hope to see you again Spotty - and soon.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 pm

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:The Spectator tells us that is Britain was a US State it would be second poorest.
Only until they realised the amount of coal and fracking potential, we'd become Texas rich :mrgreen:

Always fancied a derrick in my garden, sat at the door just watching all those dollars flow, with a bottle of 'Owd Rodger', heaven :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:53 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:The Spectator tells us that is Britain was a US State it would be second poorest.
Never mind, at least we could walk down the street without being shot.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Except in Cumbria perhaps... I understand that 60% of American murders are carried out by guns. In Australia it is 12% and in the UK 7%. Some might argue the country is too poor to own guns but I won't. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Except in Cumbria perhaps... I understand that 60% of American murders are carried out by guns. In Australia it is 12% and in the UK 7%. Some might argue the country is too poor to own guns but I won't. :wink:
Aye, but the amount of people the shoot each year is bound to improve their per capita GDP. ;-)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Aye, but the amount of people the shoot each year is bound to improve their per capita GDP. ;-)
Not an entirely untenable hypothesis...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:01 pm

EU leaders warned Russia’s invasion of east Ukraine was at a “point of no return”, risking a “state of war” with Europe and instructed officials to prepare new sanctions to hit the Russian economy.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... eturn.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Forgive me, but is this EU the same mob whose main claim to fame is 'peace in Europe'.

OH dear :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:53 am

I see Israel is "appropriating" 400 hectares of land in the West Bank - their biggest land-grab for 30years..

apparently the Palestinians are not cultivating that land intensely enough to deserve to own it...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:20 am

thebish wrote:I see Israel is "appropriating" 400 hectares of land in the West Bank - their biggest land-grab for 30years..

apparently the Palestinians are not cultivating that land intensely enough to deserve to own it...
Ah, that should calm things down a bit.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:02 am

Beefheart wrote:
thebish wrote:I see Israel is "appropriating" 400 hectares of land in the West Bank - their biggest land-grab for 30years..

Ah, that should calm things down a bit.
On here, or over there? :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:52 pm

A stupid, negative move by Israel IMHO. They need to rebuild a lot of bridges with a lot of countries.
This is like one gun, one bullet, five clicks and it's your turn.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:56 pm

hmmm... I thought all the Big Society stuff had gone very quiet...
David Cameron's new minister for civil society has been branded patronising and dismissive after he told charities to "stick to their knitting" and keep out of politics. Brooks Newmark, who was appointed in the summer reshuffle, made the comments amid worries among charities that the new Lobbying Act that will limit their ability to campaign on issues of the day.

In comments first reported on Civil Society, he added: "The important thing charities should be doing is sticking to their knitting and doing the best they can to promote their agenda, which should be about helping others."
:roll:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:03 pm

thebish wrote:hmmm... I thought all the Big Society stuff had gone very quiet...
David Cameron's new minister for civil society has been branded patronising and dismissive after he told charities to "stick to their knitting" and keep out of politics. Brooks Newmark, who was appointed in the summer reshuffle, made the comments amid worries among charities that the new Lobbying Act that will limit their ability to campaign on issues of the day.

In comments first reported on Civil Society, he added: "The important thing charities should be doing is sticking to their knitting and doing the best they can to promote their agenda, which should be about helping others."
:roll:
Bit rich really, given that the necessity of charities is at the very least partly due to the failures of government.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:43 am

No wonder these people want to be in NATO and the EU!!!!

How about you increase your own defence instead of us having to defend you? Why not spend some cash you get given enough!

The price of Euro expansion, the lives of your sons and daughters, the money out of your pocket to defend people who don't care about defending themselves!