The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:06 pm

thebish wrote:meanwhile - in Toryland - still a wee while out, but here's the current runners and riders list!

In the same spirit that some wags might have joined labour and voted for Corbyn, I think the Michael Gove supporters club should be ready to launch.... :twisted:

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:30 am

thebish wrote:meanwhile - in Toryland - still a wee while out, but here's the current runners and riders list!

Difference being, the Conservatives are capable of organising their own party leadership succession unlike the Labour Party.

Chin up Bish! :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Andy Burnham doesn't even wait until the next day to come out with hypocritcal statements nowadays...

https://www.politicshome.com/party-poli ... -i-find-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He will 'fight nationalism wherever he finds it' - good, a solid policy. The evil Tories used 'English nationalism and openly stoked resentment of Scottish Nationalism'.

Wait, which is it? Do you hate nationalism or are some nationalisms not as bad as others? Is Scottish nationalism to be praised whilst english denigrated?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Andy Burnham doesn't even wait until the next day to come out with hypocritcal statements nowadays...

https://www.politicshome.com/party-poli ... -i-find-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He will 'fight nationalism wherever he finds it' - good, a solid policy. The evil Tories used 'English nationalism and openly stoked resentment of Scottish Nationalism'.

Wait, which is it? Do you hate nationalism or are some nationalisms not as bad as others? Is Scottish nationalism to be praised whilst english denigrated?
Burnham is a fool, it's the tricks of social engineering like his party practises along with the EU and others that has led to the rise of nationalism.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Andy Burnham doesn't even wait until the next day to come out with hypocritcal statements nowadays...

I don't see what is contradictory there. He says he will fight nationalism across the board. As opposed to the Tories who played off one set of nationalists against another for their own ends.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I don't see what is contradictory there. He says he will fight nationalism across the board. As opposed to the Tories who played off one set of nationalists against another for their own ends.
... or that he criticises the Tory view against Scots nationalism but will oppose the whole concept of Nationalism anywhere ... except where the Tories do it because that's just wrong.

.... no. I don't suppose you do.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:25 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... emy-corbyn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

... or that he criticises the Tory view against Scots nationalism but will oppose the whole concept of Nationalism anywhere ... except where the Tories do it because that's just wrong.

If you take the sentence in isolation maybe. But it is clear what he means and quite explicit in the final part of the full quote.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If you take the sentence in isolation maybe. But it is clear what he means and quite explicit in the final part of the full quote.
In a few days I don't think he will be in a position to fight anything, crawling away from the public view would be more apt.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Just don't post on the guardian comments asking how many she and her left bollock are taking in and supporting.
That got me put on the naughty step!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:49 pm

As many as you, you daft bastard. It's not a French exchange programme.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:50 pm

There is absolutely nothing 'leaderish' about her. She looks and sounds like a girl from the Upper 6th at a school debate.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Just don't post on the guardian comments asking how many she and her left bollock are taking in and supporting.
Are you surprised that a pointless and facile comment like that got you banned or had your post removed?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:51 pm

bobo the clown wrote:There is absolutely nothing 'leaderish' about her. She looks and sounds like a girl from the Upper 6th at a school debate.
Probably about as good as a girl from the Upper 6th too. She is the embodiment of Labour's failure IMO. Lightweights playing at politics.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:59 pm

bobo the clown wrote:There is absolutely nothing 'leaderish' about her. She looks and sounds like a girl from the Upper 6th at a school debate.
You would though. I know you would.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
You would though. I know you would.
No. No ... really, no.

Cameron's Mrs. But not that.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:As many as you, you daft bastard. It's not a French exchange programme.
Right well she should keep her bloody trap shut, after all what the fcuk has she done to oppose the attack on the sick and disabled?
In fact come to think of it where was labours pledge to repeal cuts of these sorts?
So she can fcuk off spending money on migrants!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Are you surprised that a pointless and facile comment like that got you banned or had your post removed?
I actually said,

"Well how many are you going to let crash at one of your pads Coops?"

Hardly a hanging offence except maybe for being a lousy jokey type answer!