The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:29 am

Lord Kangana wrote:David Miliband to ride in like Sheriff Bart in 3-5 years time.

In the meantime we have to endure 5 years whining every time Jeremy says something like "let's try to be as nice as possible to as many people as possible". Grrr, the bastard.
How could Miliband (D) ever win a leadership contest now? I doubt he could.

I await the early opinion polls. This could unravel quite quickly or drag on and endure a slow and painful death.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:30 am

I think the difference between now and say 5 years time, is about 5 years time.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:40 am

Lord Kangana wrote:David Miliband to ride in like Sheriff Bart in 3-5 years time.

In the meantime we have to endure 5 years whining every time Jeremy says something like "let's try to be as nice as possible to as many people as possible". Grrr, the bastard.
I exclude ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Argentinians and a whole host of others from that sentiment.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:45 am

F*cking Argentinians and their plans for world domination. Grrr (shakes fist).

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:30 pm

So the smartest lad on the internet has fallen for the media spin on Corbyn's Bin Laden comments.. Who knew?

The hatchet job that is already going on along with so many lies, is actually making me want to support the bloke. Disgusting that we cannot get a neutral press in this day & age.

Camerons tweet that was probably saved in his drafts for weeks show a man who is worried that someone may upset the apple cart... Afterall, if a 'rival' company or party were doing something as in-comprehensively stupid as employing such a massive mistake, then wouldn't you just keep that to yourself and laugh smugly as it all went to shit??
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:F*cking Argentinians and their plans for world domination. Grrr (shakes fist).
Wasn't that situation bought about by territorial claims on the Antarctic rather than any majorly insane desire to own a couple of lumps of rock for the sake of it? A bit like ownership of Rockall in the 70's...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Something to do with oil, unsurprisingly. Which amounts to one and the same thing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think the difference between now and say 5 years time, is about 5 years time.
The problem is that the tens of thousands who joined the party to vote for Corbyn will not vote for David Miliband. Unless suddenly Labour change the rules again, I struggle to see that happen.

Might have to be more of a compromise than that.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:55 pm

6 months ago absolutely no-one with any semblance of sense was predicting a leadership race that had Jeremy Corbyn as a front runner. Indeed the bish, amongst others, was preparing for government. 5 years is a hell of a long time in politics.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:6 months ago absolutely no-one with any semblance of sense was predicting a leadership race that had Jeremy Corbyn as a front runner. Indeed the bish, amongst others, was preparing for government. 5 years is a hell of a long time in politics.
That is true. If we're talking post-election then yes it may be a needs must vote thing.

But pre-election I couldn't see it. And I doubt Corbyn will make it to the next election myself. I think under 2 years.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:So the smartest lad on the internet has fallen for the media spin on Corbyn's Bin Laden comments.. Who knew?

The hatchet job that is already going on along with so many lies, is actually making me want to support the bloke. Disgusting that we cannot get a neutral press in this day & age.

Camerons tweet that was probably saved in his drafts for weeks show a man who is worried that someone may upset the apple cart... Afterall, if a 'rival' company or party were doing something as in-comprehensively stupid as employing such a massive mistake, then wouldn't you just keep that to yourself and laugh smugly as it all went to shit??
I think you will find they are things that Korbinov gets a senior moment over and forgets!

Also not too sure I like Korbinov's attitude of cutting people off when they ask pertinent questions of him, rude nice person tbh.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:58 pm

boltonboris wrote: The hatchet job that is already going on along with so many lies
Aye, fcuk knows why anybody would make anything up

There's years of shit to serve up, yet

He's a loon at best
Sto ut Serviam

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Who said, 'Be careful what you wish for'.

This will all go badly wrong, hopefully it won't go badly wrong in a bad way.

Stranger things have happened.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:04 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne ... itics-live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe the Aussie migrant policy might fall apart now? Don't know much about this bloke accept he's a limp wristed liberal.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:10 pm

McDonnell told a fringe meeting at the Trades Union Congress in Brighton that he was not very good at the consensual style of politics Corbyn has promised to bring to his leadership, or respecting people who disagree with him.
In other words he's a typical hard left wanker who thinks he is right over everything and is placed to tell us all how we should think and act!

Napoleon and the pigs are well entrenched now at Labours top table!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:19 pm

I've not checked this morning; did Wolfie Smith get a cabinet post?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:19 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
boltonboris wrote: The hatchet job that is already going on along with so many lies

He's a loon at best
I know little of the guy, but what I can see, is that a few people seem very worried and not because of how he'll fvck the country up or owt, but because he doesn't subscribe to their version of politics.. Interestingly, the Sun and Sky News seem to be the worst.. There's something in common with those two, I believe..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Surely they'd only be worried that he'd f*ck the country up if he got elected? Because, if I'm not mistaken, the narrative also seems to be that he's unelectable? Why the dichotomy? Unless it's based on fear?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:

He's a loon at best
I know little of the guy, but what I can see, is that a few people seem very worried and not because of how he'll fvck the country up or owt, but because he doesn't subscribe to their version of politics.. Interestingly, the Sun and Sky News seem to be the worst.. There's something in common with those two, I believe..
I win, chuck in the moon and stars and you get the answer, you have to look up to them :D
Simples.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Surely they'd only be worried that he'd f*ck the country up if he got elected? Because, if I'm not mistaken, the narrative also seems to be that he's unelectable? Why the dichotomy? Unless it's based on fear?
I seem to remember, in a different context, he was unelectable a couple of months ago.

Who'd a thought Klara's little boy would one day be asked to form a government.