The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:50 am

Pru's previous hero, a man of solid integrity, a future labour leader ooops. :oops:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 am

:conf:

On the one hand, I've never really bought the Chuka hype, was never a big fan and never thought he was the future of the Labour party.

Yet I too have left the Labour party and will probably vote Liv Dem next time.

So even by your standards that's an impressively weird take.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:48 pm

I love that when the establishment don't get their way they throw themselves on the mercy of....

....the establishment.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:30 am

“There is no limit to my ambition for our party – and today I am standing here as your candidate for prime minister.

my Liberal Democrat government will introduce climate risk reporting and create a new Green Investment Bank”.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Pru, you fancy the Head Girl then, personally I think she looks and acts like a spitting image puppet leaving aside she is less liberal or democratic than Vladimir Putin.

Will be the biggest laugh of election night when someone asks her, weren't you not meant to be PM and forming the government Ms Swinson?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:31 am

“There is no limit to my ambition for our party – and today I am standing here as your candidate for prime minister.

my Liberal Democrat government will introduce climate risk reporting and create a new Green Investment Bank”.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go Pru, you fancy the Head Girl then, personally I think she looks and acts like a spitting image puppet leaving aside she is less liberal or democratic than Vladimir Putin.

Will be the biggest laugh of election night when someone asks her, weren't you not meant to be PM and forming the government Ms Swinson?

Btw putting this up for prosperity whilst hunting down your once Chukka love in.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 pm

It will be interesting to see how LD do at the election. There’s a gaping hole in the middle ground at the moment which gives them a great opportunity. Like Pru i’ll be moving to voting for them this time.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I may not have much choice:

Labour - never
Tories - never
SNP - not voting for independence obsessed
Scottish Greens - See above
Independant candidate - what's the point?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:40 pm
I may not have much choice:

Labour - never
Tories - never
SNP - not voting for independence obsessed
Scottish Greens - See above
Independant candidate - what's the point?

I think quite a few will have the same view.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:24 pm

jimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 pm
It will be interesting to see how LD do at the election. There’s a gaping hole in the middle ground at the moment which gives them a great opportunity. Like Pru i’ll be moving to voting for them this time.
Having looked into this quite a lot recently - me too.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:31 am

meant to be PM and forming the government Ms Swinson?
Just wondering, how many Prime Ministers do we have/need?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Many folk will argue that if the vote in the biggest democratic exercise in this country's history was ignored, why bother voting at all?

If the Lib Dems get into Govt this can be their flagship, line in the sand policy like the tuition fees was last time. They'd still be marginally more trustworthy than the other 2 main parties.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:40 pm

If my other half and her chums are anything to go by the Limp Dems won't be getting many female votes, they cannot stand Swinson and say she is a poor representative of their gender, compared her to self important I am social media 'influencers', one even said she was a cheap version of Amber Rudd :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Now if you really want to see a biased report, read this

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... elma-rocha

Anti-Tory, Anti-Brexit and Anti-Landlord, not one mention of events that effected the Limp Dems or even comrade Corbyns mob and you wonder where all the thick dipshits pop up from!

Same online edition we have that Greta robotic script reader creature with George Monbiot banging on about the trendy issue in a film.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Just listened to Jessica Simor QC tell me that the Supreme Court case this week is not driven by the remain agenda.

And she calls Johnson a liar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:24 pm

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition are the most shambolic crowd I can remember. Micheal Foot looked positively polished in comparison. When will the far left realise that folk don't want their brand of fascism. Social justice for all but f*ck off with your nanny state and commandl economy.

I honestly think Boris Johnson could go to the Palace, wave his winkle at The Queen and still poll more votes than Corbyn in an election and that after three years of incompetent Tory government.

Sadly, if folk think the well wishers and dreamers that constitute Liberal Democracy are the answer, Lord help us.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Labour could do worse than tempt Ed back and have a Stalinist purge of Momentum (oh the irony) & nail their flag to a remain/leave with a deal ticket
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:52 pm
Labour could do worse than tempt Ed back and have a Stalinist purge of Momentum (oh the irony) & nail their flag to a remain/leave with a deal ticket
I wish they would come out for remain, just like the limp dems, would;

Split remoaner votes

Give us at last the chance to drain the swamp of two faced party jumping Mp's.

taddyontoast
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by taddyontoast » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
yeah - but nobody can be PM unless they are bacon-sandwich confident (apparently!)

as for "stalinist purges" (though I suspect that language is a bit hyperbolic in this case!) - I think that's Boris you're talking about! 8)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:12 pm

taddyontoast wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:50 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
yeah - but nobody can be PM unless they are bacon-sandwich confident (apparently!)

as for "stalinist purges" (though I suspect that language is a bit hyperbolic in this case!) - I think that's Boris you're talking about! 8)
Think you'd be better asking Winker Watson about purges.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:24 pm
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition are the most shambolic crowd I can remember. Micheal Foot looked positively polished in comparison. When will the far left realise that folk don't want their brand of fascism. Social justice for all but f*ck off with your nanny state and commandl economy.

I honestly think Boris Johnson could go to the Palace, wave his winkle at The Queen and still poll more votes than Corbyn in an election and that after three years of incompetent Tory government.

Sadly, if folk think the well wishers and dreamers that constitute Liberal Democracy are the answer, Lord help us.

..the ayes have it, the ayes have it.

Oh, hang on, Jenny said they haven't and what Jenny says goes.