What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Mrs’s bezzy mate and her husband have just opened a new Italian in Boothstown, Worsley. He has been head chef at a few top Italians in Manc and this is their first independent venture. Went last night, the place itself isn’t anything special but the nosebag was bang on! She had scallops then seabass off the specials board, i had the pate and a pasta off the chefs specials with ragu made with spare ribs. That was nice but the pate was beautiful. I don’t eat fish but she assures me it was lovely.

Not so much as a free garlic bread or bottle of vino from our so called mates tho – so avoid! ;)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Is it the one above the curry house, Shabaaz? It's had various guises over the years and every time it's owners have struggled to get people in. with the competition nearby in Grenache, Puccini's, Ambiente and to a lesser extent, Milan (not to mention the curry houses in the area being particularly good) it's always going to be empty.. Not much passing trade either, so it'll have to create a really good rep.

Good to hear that someone has opened it who can finally make it work! Walking distance from mine, so might try it on the next date night..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm

yep thats the badger. Vesuvios it’s called (because hes a Neapolitan, not after Artie Bucco's place in Sopranos :()

all knowledgeable Italian staff too, people hes worked with over the years. you can apparently ask for anything you fancy if it’s not on the menu.

they have been hammered out every night of the week so far, it was packed last night too. i think he has a carries a hefty reputation. Aint cheap mind...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Home made beef stew tonite. Not had a drink in nearly a week, works been hectic, so I think I'll plump for something special. Might crack open a Plageolles Gaillac Prunelart. Makes a teatime into a dinnertime 8) .
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Also had a homemade beef stew :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:44 pm

And strangely enough... I've got a homemade beef stew too - but that's tomorrow. It's all sitting in the slow cooker waiting to go...marinading I think is the technical term.
Tonight, however, is Astronomy Night and we'll be having a fish BBQ under the stars (clouds :| )
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Just had the last of the goulash. It's lived on the stove since I made it on Saturday. It was good on Saturday, even better last night and just totes amazeballs tonight, in a bowl with a dollop of soured cream (with a half a teaspoon of preserved lemon mixed in) and ciabatta. Marvelous. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just had the last of the goulash. It's lived on the stove since I made it on Saturday. It was good on Saturday, even better last night and just totes amazeballs tonight, in a bowl with a dollop of soured cream (with a half a teaspoon of preserved lemon mixed in) and ciabatta. Marvelous. :)
I was told by a proper Hungarian what speaks Magyar that goulash is at its best on the fourth or fifth serving.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Just had the last of the goulash. It's lived on the stove since I made it on Saturday. It was good on Saturday, even better last night and just totes amazeballs tonight, in a bowl with a dollop of soured cream (with a half a teaspoon of preserved lemon mixed in) and ciabatta. Marvelous. :)
I was told by a proper Hungarian what speaks Magyar that goulash is at its best on the fourth or fifth serving.
I have absolutely no difficulty in believing that, Spotto. None whatsoever. I was going to freeze a portion but thought feck it. Next time I'll make twice as much, only next time I'll use smoked paprika instead of paprika oridinaire. :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Met for a nosebag with Bobo and the delightful Mrs Bobo last night near my mate's place in north Wales. Bobo must have had charm and wit back in the day - the boy done well ;)

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Tonight i am determined to make for myself pret's chicken, brown rice and brocolli soup. Truly the greatest thing produced by man.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:44 pm

mrkint wrote:Tonight i am determined to make for myself pret's chicken, brown rice and brocolli soup. Truly the greatest thing produced by man.
... something about couscous.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:59 pm

mrkint wrote:Tonight i am determined to make for myself pret's chicken, brown rice and brocolli soup. Truly the greatest thing produced by man.
:shock:

Brown rice will never make a greatest things produced by man top 50, let alone be in a number 1 dish. Now something with bacon would definitely make the top places...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Shouldn't that be Pret's chicken?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Brown rice will never make a greatest things produced by man top 50, let alone be in a number 1 dish. Now something with bacon would definitely make the top places...
make it. it's awesome.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:
... something about couscous.
:fingers:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:18 pm

mrkint wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

make it. it's awesome.
Nope. I'll stick to proper soup, rice in a liquid like that reminds me too much like an awful drink I was given in India :vomit:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Something nice at The Strawbury Duck I hope. Taking the Old Dear up there for a birthday meal. Any recommendations from those who've been recently? Spoilt for choice menu-wise, right up my street.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:22 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Something nice at The Strawbury Duck I hope. Taking the Old Dear up there for a birthday meal. Any recommendations from those who've been recently? Spoilt for choice menu-wise, right up my street.
I really enjoyed soup and then sea bass about a month ago. Think the sea bass was a 'special'.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Four of us going for a gander at the 'new managed' Cross Guns in Egerton.