What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Tonight - Chippie tea. I can't wait.
I write words for a living. I play records for a living. Both of these thing should tell you that I'm a failed musician.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:33 pm

mofgimmers wrote:Tonight - Chippie tea. I can't wait.
You sir, are a bastard.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:
You sir, are a bastard.
Out of respect for a poor student I'll refrain from posting on this tonight. (Even if he is swanning about in Paris while I'm working my bollox off in rainy Manchester ) :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Off to leicester square. Gawd knows what I'm eating but the culinary delights around there should provide ample nourishment.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:53 pm

my first ever attempt at cooking summat thats not straight from a packet tonight in 28 years - Generals homemade ham & leek pie!

oh aye - just be sauteing!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Take it you've heard the Lancashire Hotpots song of the same name?

I was working late so slapped a burger and a mozzarella-in-breadcrumbs between two thick loaf-end crusts. Tell you what, if I had my time again I wouldn't change my mind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Lamb methi at spice valley. Paneer same for the missis...

brill rioja (red of course) to go with it.

champagne at home later...

wedding anniversary :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:13 pm

William the White wrote:Lamb methi at spice valley. Paneer same for the missis...

There should be a time lock put on this thread. 7:30pm every evening should do it! :D

Happy Anniversary. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:Lamb methi at spice valley. Paneer same for the missis...

There should be a time lock put on this thread. 7:30pm every evening should do it! :D

Happy Anniversary. :wink:
Agreed, in it's brief infancy the amount of times I have logged on late and got the munchies is incredible. Not. Fair.

EDIT: Happy Anniversary Bill
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Happy anniversary from me too Will. :mrgreen:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Happy anniversry, but one little tip for a man who likes the Languedoc....next time Blanquette de Limoux, William. Look it up, its the intelligent mans real Champagne (I perhaps should say "poor mans", but why overpay for something thats the real deal?). :pissed:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Take it you've heard the Lancashire Hotpots song of the same name?
I was working late so slapped a burger and a mozzarella-in-breadcrumbs between two thick loaf-end crusts. Tell you what, if I had my time again I wouldn't change my mind.
But it's not Friday, as Verbal pointed out so kindly in another thread, it's Tuesday so he is not within his rights to want a chippy tea.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Happy anniversry, but one little tip for a man who likes the Languedoc....next time Blanquette de Limoux, William. Look it up, its the intelligent mans real Champagne (I perhaps should say "poor mans", but why overpay for something thats the real deal?). :pissed:
Would love to try that in situ. The Languedoc region of France is steeped in history. I may yet get there some day.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 am

Verbal wrote:Off to leicester square. Gawd knows what I'm eating but the culinary delights around there should provide ample nourishment.
Went to a mexican place called Chiquitos in the end, next to the cinema. Had a chorizo salad with chicken, absolutely delicious it was.

Also, next time you go to a mexican restaurant, ask if they serve a beer called Desperados. It wasn't on the menu in our place but they served it anyway, yet it is surely the finest beer man has tasted.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Verbal wrote:
Verbal wrote:Off to leicester square. Gawd knows what I'm eating but the culinary delights around there should provide ample nourishment.
Went to a mexican place called Chiquitos in the end, next to the cinema. Had a chorizo salad with chicken, absolutely delicious it was.

Also, next time you go to a mexican restaurant, ask if they serve a beer called Desperados. It wasn't on the menu in our place but they served it anyway, yet it is surely the finest beer man has tasted.
Little bit sweet and sickly for me, Tequila shots in a lager should be never be allowed! :wink:

Chiquita is a chain, pretty much all over the UK now, I believe it's okay

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:48 pm

I just bit six lumps out of a tea mug. I think I swallowed a couple. Suddenly I'm not a bit hungry. :evil:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:01 pm

You know, I think that it a sign of a good restaurant when it's 90% full on a Wednesday evening in a recession.
Just back from Puccini's in Swinton. Bloody marvellous
May the bridges I burn light your way

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:38 am

boltonboris wrote:
Verbal wrote:

Little bit sweet and sickly for me, Tequila shots in a lager should be never be allowed! :wink:

Pah! :wink: Well, I usually drink cider and find lager a bit tasteless tbh. The twist of tequila made it so smooth though.

Aye, would recommend Chiquitos to anyone. My mate had a burger made up of a pound of meat :shock: he is an aboslute giant though, so probably a light snack to him.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:49 am

Verbal wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Verbal wrote:

Pah! :wink: Well, I usually drink cider and find lager a bit tasteless tbh. The twist of tequila made it so smooth though.

Aye, would recommend Chiquitos to anyone. My mate had a burger made up of a pound of meat :shock: he is an aboslute giant though, so probably a light snack to him.
Mmmmm Beef Chimichangas. There was a Chiquitos in Enfield for a little while, now replaced with a Krispy Kreme doughnut factory.

I take it the one you went to was right on the corner of Leicester Square, on the same side as the Odeon? Ate there at Christmas. Good food.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:42 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:
Verbal wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Verbal wrote:

Mmmmm Beef Chimichangas. There was a Chiquitos in Enfield for a little while, now replaced with a Krispy Kreme doughnut factory.

I take it the one you went to was right on the corner of Leicester Square, on the same side as the Odeon? Ate there at Christmas. Good food.
Oh man, those Krispy Kreme doughnuts are de-bastard-licious. I could eat a dozen of them right now swilled down with a can of Vimto.
Businesswoman of the year.