What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Mrs K is going to do chicken and chorizo (and finely chopped onions and mushrooms) in Chardonnay sauce on a bed of rice, once the Kebabling is asleep. I'd do it, but I always knacker the sauce up. Therefore I got forced not to. Dang.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 pm

Right guys. Been meaning to ask this for a while. When I go to home games I meet my mum and dad there and often we want to go somewhere to eat after the game for a more thorough catch-up. With me coming over from Liverpool and them being Lytham way, we could do with finding places near the ground, within a couple of motorway junctions either way is ideal. What do people recommend that's either decent pub type grub somewhere between Chorley and Worsley (bear in mind i dont pay ;)) or a reasonable restaurant? That one in Swinton sounds useful. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 am

jimbo wrote:Right guys. Been meaning to ask this for a while. When I go to home games I meet my mum and dad there and often we want to go somewhere to eat after the game for a more thorough catch-up. With me coming over from Liverpool and them being Lytham way, we could do with finding places near the ground, within a couple of motorway junctions either way is ideal. What do people recommend that's either decent pub type grub somewhere between Chorley and Worsley (bear in mind i dont pay ;)) or a reasonable restaurant? That one in Swinton sounds useful. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Meh you'll find loads of pub typy things around, but my recommendation for eating in Chorley is either, Parmesan and Pepper or whatever its called, or the chinese place that's the something village, maybe Happy Village. It is possible that neither exist any longer, but both were amazing.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
jimbo wrote:Right guys. Been meaning to ask this for a while. When I go to home games I meet my mum and dad there and often we want to go somewhere to eat after the game for a more thorough catch-up. With me coming over from Liverpool and them being Lytham way, we could do with finding places near the ground, within a couple of motorway junctions either way is ideal. What do people recommend that's either decent pub type grub somewhere between Chorley and Worsley (bear in mind i dont pay ;)) or a reasonable restaurant? That one in Swinton sounds useful. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Meh you'll find loads of pub typy things around, but my recommendation for eating in Chorley is either, Parmesan and Pepper or whatever its called, or the chinese place that's the something village, maybe Happy Village. It is possible that neither exist any longer, but both were amazing.
Worsley has (in my view) the best Chinese in the Region at Tung Fong, also a cracking little Tapas bar named Ambiente next door to one an other, also you'll find Grenache (mentioned in this thread), which is an absolute gem!! and Mark Halsey's own Sottovento on Hill top between Walkden and Farnworth is worth a visit

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Eating a hot Beef and Onion barm, with a little mustard for my dinner today, bought from Fi-Fi's in Carrington.... Quality

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:19 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:You know, I think that it a sign of a good restaurant when it's 90% full on a Wednesday evening in a recession.
Just back from Puccini's in Swinton. Bloody marvellous
Great place! Bruce, you should try Grenache on Bridgewater Road in Walkden, excellent place and really not what you'd expect from a Walkden eatery
See, the thing is, these days an excuse to eat out just becomes an excuse to go to Pucini's. Never been let down once, nor have any of the many people that I've been with.

Just ate 'River Pike' in a Dutch restaurant. I've never even heard of it but it was very, very nice. Washed down with sparkling water though. Harrumph!
May the bridges I burn light your way

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 am

Fruilli last night. I discovered fruit beer. Had some great cherry stuff in York and came back with half a dozen bottles and some Fruilli

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Just had a pack of Walkers "Builders Breakfast" and some orangeade as a warm up to my tea which I'll have in about an hour when the take away gets delivered. Having a chinese tonight. Superb.
Businesswoman of the year.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:06 am

an old fave dish tonight - pasta putanesca - but a new (to me) red wine to go with it. From castilla, a blend of tempranillo, cab sauv and merlot... I like...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 pm

first bbq of the year was fired up tonight! a couple of Tesco's Jalepino burgers on fresh baps with a nice crumbling of lancashire cheese - Treeeeemendous!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:21 pm

A lovely drop of some vin de pays de L'Herault (heads upon Tango/William, another Languedocienne) with a lovely smogasbord of cheese and saucisse seche. Loverly
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:A lovely drop of some vin de pays de L'Herault (heads upon Tango/William, another Languedocienne) with a lovely smogasbord of cheese and saucisse seche. Loverly
Working late tonight, so modest whatever's in the fridge stuff... soup and cheese and bread/biscuits...

but, coincidentally, a languedoc reserve, lovely, medium bodied, that did its job on the strong lancashire... brilliantly... :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Corned beef hash and a brew.
Businesswoman of the year.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 pm

anyone tried them new Nando's piri piri HOT crisps!? stone me they blow yer head off!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:16 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Corned beef hash and a brew.
corned beef hash ultimate soul food... ain't had it for ages...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Well after Tuesday what I shan't be drinking for a while is Guiness!

Then, last night we all went round to one of our friends houses and the girlies cooked for us. Caramelised onions with goats cheese on ciabatta with salad and balsamic vinegar for starter, rissotto a verde for main, chocolate cake with strawberries and icecream, then cheese and bread. All washed down with every sort of wine and beer you can imagine. It was LOVELY.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:30 pm

And did you make it a perfect 10 of an evening, Dr Rock? :wink:

The Lamb Rogan Josh is nearing completion in the kitchen and I've just opened a Campo Viejo Reserva -2004. Absolutely bloody delicious.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 pm

William the White wrote:
corned beef hash ultimate soul food... ain't had it for ages...
If you find yourself in Germany, William, you must try the Lobscouse. They serve it with a runny fried egg on it too. Excellent stuff.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:36 pm

:pray:

Making me hungry.

The missus can't stand it so when I make it it lasts for days. The hash that is.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:And did you make it a perfect 10 of an evening, Dr Rock? :wink:

The Lamb Rogan Josh is nearing completion in the kitchen and I've just opened a Campo Viejo Reserva -2004. Absolutely bloody delicious.
Rioja the perfect wine with rogan josh... or any tomato concoction... Is 2004 a good reserva?

I really like those medium weight reds like rioja or valdepenas or burgundy or chianti or that carmenere we talked about ages ago... good sipping wine as well as for food... whereas those heavyweights - esp the oz ones - really are only good for chewing or making casseroles. imho...

Today.. 'lunch' with my cordon bleu trained and whites fanatic mate - who i've talked about before - for three whites fans (all of us going to west brom until the fulham fiasco made us change our mind) so the chef invited us for...

i can't quite believe this...

Smoked salmon fishcakes... i can't tell how good these were - served with tiny balsamic dressed salad and a rioja (red), don't know year but perfect...

Liver and onions in red wine and lemon sauce (!) with herbal mash and chilean cabernet red wine...

Strawberries and cream with ginger biscuits crumbled thereon (!)... friend reckons ginger bics and strawberries go well together - he's not wrong...

Blue and Lancashire cheeses with crumbed port wine (I'd never had before - spicy and really coated the tongue)...

And, as digestif, 12 year old glenlivet...

This 'lunch' started at 3.30 and finished at 8.25...

And we had the GMR commentary until 5.00 - this was a mixed blessing...

So... home now, one point on the board, not entirely sober, but very entirely full :D