What are you eating and drinking tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you eating and drinking tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:04 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:27 pm
Hipster beer is like hipster coffee. A load of wank and to be avoided.
An interesting point of view, but I'm not actually sure what "hipster beer" is. There is just beer. It's been around in varieties and flavours for a good while. Some is good, some mediocre and some downright shit. As it always was. I'd happily swap a pint of Stones' for just about any other liquid possessing a head including gorilla piss. The "variety boxes" are a bit hit and miss, but for sure there's some good ones out there.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:24 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:04 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
An interesting point of view, but I'm not actually sure what "hipster beer" is. There is just beer. It's been around in varieties and flavours for a good while. Some is good, some mediocre and some downright shit. As it always was. I'd happily swap a pint of Stones' for just about any other liquid possessing a head including gorilla piss. The "variety boxes" are a bit hit and miss, but for sure there's some good ones out there.
It's beardy types taking a drink, adding something obscure, calling it artisan and charging double for it. Same goes for food, cereal cafes etc etc.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:44 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:04 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
When Tango and I were young hipsters were a style of trousers, so I had to look up the modern idiom. I find "the term hipster is primarily a pejorative -- an insult that belongs to the family of poseur, faker, phony, scenester, and hanger-on."

In the context of beer I note: "Half of the time hipsters are those who don't drink craft beer at all (only PBR, from a can of course), and the other half of the time they drink it exclusively. The hipster seems to just represent anything that people deem odd, or is a label to slap on someone trying a bit too hard to be unique." PBR being, I gather, Pabst Blue Ribbon, a potation I have never tried.

Live and learn.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:06 pm

I found this on an old Halliwell Road site. All true and it was a great night too. Been in there many times. Compare with today........what? (click on the photo on the first link)

https://twitter.com/LostPubsBolton/stat ... 93/photo/1
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.