Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:53 pm
The latest chapter in Tango v the Doctor's surgery: Lengthy, but I need to gibber. Every word true.

I hardly ever visit the doctor or hospital. I'm either very lucky or very wary, or both. About 7 weeks ago I went up to the hospital to get some small, disposable batteies for my hearing aids. The Audio department fixed those up, then, when I passed in my little brown book of records, told me I was due a nother hearing test as it was three years since I had one. Fine, can you book me a test?
No, sorry, you;ll have to ring your doctor and get him to make a referal.
Okay.
You'll also have to make an appointment to have your ears syringed out.
Okay.Can I do that here?
No, you'll have to ring your doctor to make an appointment...
Okay...

To cut the story short somewhat,I rang the doctor's surgery to book a phone call with the doctor (compulsory procedure) . Why do I have to do that? So he can make an appointment for an earwash. Ah. The appointment was duly made for three weeks hence. Three weeks. 27th of March, 2-15 pm at Frederick Street Health Centre, to be exact. I attended on the set date, kept the appoinment and had my ears syringed. What now? Ring your doctor and he'll make a referal to get you an appointment for a test.( Make that a re-test.) I rang the receptionist at my doctor's surgery and explained the case. She asked me.... believe this, what made me think I needed a hearing test. Pardon? (bad pun) Well, because I already have hearing aids and I need another test. Who says so? Sigh...The Hospital Audio department. It's why you made me an appointment for an ear wash which I had three weeks ago. Okay, I'll leave a note for the doctor to make a referal. Will I be notifed? Yes.
Four weeks later I had heard nothing (another bad pun) so I ring and ask just what is happening? Who told you to ring the doctor? Well, actually, indirectly, you did when you said you would notify him three weeks ago.....lengthy silence.
Hello? Oh, er, we don't appear to have any record of that at all. But...........go through the whole rigmarole again.
Okay, very well, I'll leave word for the doctor to make a referal and you'll be notfied.

I live in hope...
That's crazy. They should have been able to sort out a re-syringe and then a referral without you speaking to a doctor. It isn't a new condition that your GP requires you to be seen or even talk to you about.

GP practices are just so hit and miss. It frustrates me that so much doctor's time is wasted by stuff like this. I'm not entirely sure why Audiology couldn't and didn't simply write to you when your appointment with them was due....bit weird as usually once you've been referred somewhere they keep you there till discharge and for something like hearing...for life....so the appt should really have come direct from them. Perhaps the gap between appointments is too large to do that?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:19 pm

That's crazy. They should have been able to sort out a re-syringe and then a referral without you speaking to a doctor. It isn't a new condition that your GP requires you to be seen or even talk to you about.
GP practices are just so hit and miss. It frustrates me that so much doctor's time is wasted by stuff like this. I'm not entirely sure why Audiology couldn't and didn't simply write to you when your appointment with them was due....bit weird as usually once you've been referred somewhere they keep you there till discharge and for something like hearing...for life....so the appt should really have come direct from them. Perhaps the gap between appointments is too large to do that?
They did all that eventually Insaney, seven weeks in total, which should actually be easily done in seven minutes.I have no idea what the specified time scales are between tests , but it was Audio at the hospital who told me I was due and to get a syringing sorted out. As I said, I only went there for batteries. It's nearer than that other august medical battery supply cenre, Farnworth Library. (Yes, that's an official stockist for them). In the past Ive had ear syringing done at the surgery by a nurse on site. Crackpot the lot of it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:43 pm

ONLY 9 YEARS FOR ROBERT FXCKING BROWN!?.
The cxnt needs to hang.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm past being angry about much, just amazed at some things, like Wembley Stadium being bought by Fulham's owner Shahid Kahn. I don't suppose I should be, it's 2018. Many years now since I sang my lungs out to "Abide with Me"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 pm

The 'Cecil' incident has occurred once again. A mature male alpha lion named Skye this time.
The cxnt that shot him needs hunting down and slaughtering himself... and yes I'm prepared to defend that statement in court.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

MattySlug
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MattySlug » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:44 am

Sorry I am not Spamming, I was angry this Past Sunday so me mate said to make a video about it :pissed:
:wall:

I get Angry about the AFL and the lack of the Channel 7 Sunday Afternoon Broadcast!
And the FIFAWorldCup Pay-to-watch on OptusSport and it not being all on SBSTheWorldGame!

Basically the Public Channel that usually has the rights to show all 64 of the World Cup Games live sold 60%+ of the games to internet company S1ngtel/Optus.
and it's gone so bad that, yeah people are going nuts. (Streaming / Buffering / showing a blank screen.)
Yesterday (Monday Night Australian time) it was announced that SBS would be showing for the next 48 hours all of the games on actual TV.

Here is the video of myself getting angry and yeah there's actually not much substance to it...as in I don't have Statistics to back me up or anything.

https://youtu.be/xCwZWap0lSA
or DailyMotion Link:
http://dai.ly/x6m5ddg

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:37 am

Next door neighbour's daughter had her 18th birthday party last night. Here goes I thought, a night of sh*te music, clouds of wacky baccy smoke drifting over, the inevitable fight at midnight and no sleep until 3am.

Instead, I had a night full of Abba, Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift, no one got pished, no drugs to be smelt and they all went home by taxi at midnight.

18th's used to be monumental. 8% cider, enough Red Leb to sink a small boat and folk losing their cherry in someone else's parent's bed.

What the feck is up with kids today? Frankly, I'm somewhat disappointed.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am

Unsettling isn't it? Got a couple of younger lads into our football team over the past couple of years. All lime and sodas after the game.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:57 pm

JWT London have just made five White Heterosexual Males redundant because they weren't Black Lesbian Females.
The men citing 'the new racism' are taking the matter to court...
Diversity campaigners (according to the Times) accuse the men of over-reacting! Stating: "When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression".

Fxck off, cxnt.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Hockney... such a mediocre artist. $80m, give it a rest.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:57 pm
JWT London have just made five White Heterosexual Males redundant because they weren't Black Lesbian Females.
Diversity campaigners (according to the Times) accuse the men of over-reacting! Stating: "When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression".

Fxck off, cxnt.
In fact, thinking more about this, where is the gentler, more humane, more rational politics we were all promised once the paternalistic, patrician, white males had been boxed up? It appears to me the more power women, blacks, gender-fluids, etc. get, the more vile, personal, and illogical the accusations against their 'opponents' become.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Fxck off, cxnt.
Yeah, truly crazy and ridiculous thing to happen. She can piss off.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Fxck off, cxnt.
In fact, thinking more about this, where is the gentler, more humane, more rational politics we were all promised once the paternalistic, patrician, white males had been boxed up? It appears to me the more power women, blacks, gender-fluids, etc. get, the more vile, personal, and illogical the accusations against their 'opponents' become.
Did I here equality mentioned somewhere? The much valued and loved female of the species is in danger of fulfilling Rudyard Kipling's poetic views of long ago and becoming despised, and losing all the respect they've always had from any balanced and sensible men. The actions of the whole male race cannot be judged by the actions of the fringe elements. Some body tell them please....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:01 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:27 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Fxck off, cxnt.
Did I here equality mentioned somewhere? The much valued and loved female of the species is in danger of fulfilling Rudyard Kipling's poetic views of long ago and becoming despised, and losing all the respect they've always had from any balanced and sensible men. The actions of the whole male race cannot be judged by the actions of the fringe elements. Some body tell the please....
Firstly let me be clear - two wrongs do not make a right.

However, for centuries women/gay men/gay women/BME folk etc etc were in the position of being discriminated against in horrific ways. In fact many still are. The attempt to airbrush history and pretend that women were always treated fairly and have never been sacked because of their sex or because they wouldn't "put out" for their boss or whatever, is as distasteful as is the "revenge" discrimination taking place here.

Do not pretend that there wasn't (and still is) horrific instances of discrimination taking place every day.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:01 am

Do not pretend that there wasn't (and still is) horrific instances of discrimination taking place every day.
Will all those pretending any such thing, or that we live in a perfect world and that someone isn't being bullied, chastised, mocked, knifed, raped, mugged, shot or beaten to death this very minute as we speak, please make yourself a dunce's hat from a copy of a red-top newspaper and stand on a stool in the corner of your room. Thank you in advance for your honesty.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:01 am

Will all those pretending any such thing, or that we live in a perfect world and that someone isn't being bullied, chastised, mocked, knifed, raped, mugged, shot or beaten to death this very minute as we speak, please make yourself a dunce's hat from a copy of a red-top newspaper and stand on a stool in the corner of your room. Thank you in advance for your honesty.
But you're acting like there has always been equality bar amongst a few "extreme minorities", when that very obviously has not been the case.

Women have been discriminated en-masse by our society for centuries and decades. And in some cases still are. Not by a few people. But by our wider society.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:17 pm

But you're acting like there has always been equality bar amongst a few "extreme minorities", when that very obviously has not been the case.Women have been discriminated en-masse by our society for centuries and decades. And in some cases still are. Not by a few people. But by our wider society.
Simple question: How old are you and how much of this has happened in your street/road etc in your lifetime.? ? Second simple question: Do you live in Baghdad? Third simple question: Are you basing your wild statements on financial status ( very likely) or general attitude to women (in which case, does this apply to your wife, daughters or women that you personally know? Fourth simple question: Do you know where Wilmslow or Alderly Edge are or any women who live there? (Please don't quote statements from Alan Garner's "The Weirdstone of Brisingamen" as that's just fiction.) Fifth simple question: Are you related to a Suffragette ?

Just as a note: Carey Mulligan, currently starring in the film "Suffragette" Has an estimated personal fortune of 15 million. Her co star in the same film, Meryl Streepe has a personal net wealth of 90 million. That's a bit ironic really when you think about it. :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:17 pm

But you're acting like there has always been equality bar amongst a few "extreme minorities", when that very obviously has not been the case.Women have been discriminated en-masse by our society for centuries and decades. And in some cases still are. Not by a few people. But by our wider society.
Simple question: How old are you and how much of this has happened in your street/road etc in your lifetime.? ? Second simple question: Do you live in Baghdad? Third simple question: Are you basing your wild statements on financial status ( very likely) or general attitude to women (in which case, does this apply to your wife, daughters or women that you personally know? Fourth simple question: Do you know where Wilmslow or Alderly Edge are or any women who live there? (Please don't quote statements from Alan Garner's "The Weirdstone of Brisingamen" as that's just fiction.) Fifth simple question: Are you related to a Suffragette ?

Just as a note: Carey Mulligan, currently starring in the film "Suffragette" Has an estimated personal fortune of 15 million. Her co star in the same film, Meryl Streepe has a personal net wealth of 90 million. That's a bit ironic really when you think about it. :lol:
And now we go from re-writing history to deflection. It is crazy that we still have a gender pay gap yet, your defence is "how many people do you personally know who are discriminated against"?

What?

If you don't think there are women disadvantaged daily because they are women then there is little point continuing with this. If you agree there are, but think its ok, then again I'm not sure we'll get very far.

Its hilarious that you say some women might be "despised" yet seemingly want to turn a blind eye to the fact that women have put up with this shit for centuries - and then when its pointed out what happens, want to deflect away from it.

Then you mention film stars as though the fact some women earn megabucks means everything is ok? What? Have you thought any of this through. What about the countless scenarios where women are denied jobs or promotions because they are women and companies are worried they might "go on mat leave" at any minute? Or do you think that is ok?

What about organisations like the BBC that equivalent roles differentially? Is that ok because Carey Mulligan is rich? Or is it not really happening? Or are you saying because they get paid ok (just not as well as male equivalents) that is ok?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:11 pm

^^

I'm actually realising what a waste of time arguing with you really is. You make all the square pegs round to fit your case, invent things people say (where did I ever say I despise anyone?) and twist the whole thing into a personal Rubic cube. Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think mate, really. You live "through" the looking glass not in front of it. Carry on....

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:11 pm
^^

I'm actually realising what a waste of time arguing with you really is. You make all the square pegs round to fit your case, invent things people say (where did I ever say I despise anyone?) and twist the whole thing into a personal Rubic cube. Frankly, I don't give a damn what you think mate, really. You live "through" the looking glass not in front of it. Carry on....
In his defence, he does know a lot about everything.