Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by jaffka » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:52 pm

Beefheart wrote:
jaffka wrote:Seeing as the chattering classes are accepting some guff about a kitchen representing the entire world and basically there isn't anything wrong.

I know a chap in quite an important position, he happens to be Asian, quite religious and goes to Mosque. He is quite a nice person as well.

He revealed to me that there are radicals in his mosque, which apparently is quite tolerant who spout anti west sentiments. I asked him what happens about them, he said that they are just ignored, with no other action.

Brushing it under the carpet was my opinion.
Literally nobody has said that.
and you speak for everyone?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:41 am

Bijou Bob wrote:I find all this casual racism quite appalling personally, and don't please, give me that shoite about Islam not being a race, so it can't be racism. I'm sure that those of you condemning an entire faith population would have been as equally condemnatory following the Jones massacre, Wako or the offences of the Westboro Baptist Church. Wouldn't you?!
It's not conspicuously more moronic than your maligning of an entire profession.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:06 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:forgive me for trying to over simplify things like this... but these Islamic extremists, what is their ultimate agenda? i understand that this school attack was a revenge mission for some other shit, and other attacks are in retaliation or an expression of hate toward western society in ongoing conflict etc, but what do these people want at the end of the day to make them happy and peaceful? if Paxman had a sit down with Mohammed Omar and asked him the question - would it be that they just want their own state under Sharia law, or would they not rest until they achieve world domination and everyone on the planet has either converted to Islam or lost their head!?
Power. They oppress people to gain power and a key factor in this is to deny proper education. The Taliban don't want women to get an education, keep 'em thick as they're easier to control that way.
so if we/they/whoever gave them their own state with nobody there except conformists and a load of willing oppressed women, they'd leave everyone else alone?
Unfortunately no. The power hungry are rarely satisfied with their lot and want more. If they ever achieved world domination they'd just start again and narrow the ideology to create a new group of people to massacre.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:12 am

Hoboh wrote: On the other point I don't see many Christian churches or organisations, either then or now, recruiting for wars in a land they know now't about.
Probably because there is no need. Bush and Blair did it for them...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I find all this casual racism quite appalling personally, and don't please, give me that shoite about Islam not being a race, so it can't be racism. I'm sure that those of you condemning an entire faith population would have been as equally condemnatory following the Jones massacre, Wako or the offences of the Westboro Baptist Church. Wouldn't you?!
It's not conspicuously more moronic than your maligning of an entire profession.
To slightly misquote Mandy Rice Davies in a riposte to one of your erstwhile colleagues, "You would say that, wouldn't you". :wink:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Hoboh wrote: On the other point I don't see many Christian churches or organisations, either then or now, recruiting for wars in a land they know now't about.
Probably because there is no need. Bush and Blair did it for them...
I doubt there is any comparison, there were not folk in the churches and schools recruiting people to murder and rape 8 and 9 year olds for pleasure nor requiring sluts for pox ridden freedom fighters to feed and carry their babies!
The youth of today are like feckin' sheep, (well a lot of them anyway) they like to think how clever they are obviously not that clever for ending up in the situations they do.
Let them go to Iraq/Syria, just don't let them back ever! and if the families start to moan send them over to look after their kids properly maybe this time.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:01 am

after a few unenlightening pages, can i make a suggestion?

This angry page works much better and is basically much more fun when it is restricted to anger at the petty irritations of modern life. I had thought we could all take it as read that we all think bad things are bad and don't need to outdo each other about how angry we really are about obviously bad things..

eg.. cancer is bad and horrid and we are all angry when people continue to die in such huge numbers... we are all angry when murderous b&stards murder people and when violent bloodthirsty &rseholes commit acts of terror... we are all angry about paedophiles and the abuse of children... we are all angry about rape and domestic violence... we are all angry when violent thugs beat up or torture old ladies and rob them of all their savings.

if this thread is about some kind of moral high ground grab where we attempt to prove we are more angry than someone else about something we are all angry about because it is obviously something to be angry about - then, I'd probably stop visiting it.

Personally, I'd rather it was basically a thread about our often irrational and humorous anger at the pettier everyday vicissitudes of life.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:07 am

It's rather like listening to a studio full of not very good Mike Parry's at the moment.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
To slightly misquote Mandy Rice Davies in a riposte to one of your erstwhile colleagues, "You would say that, wouldn't you". :wink:
Remind me what non-parasitic, socially useful role you perform again?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:45 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
After watching the lost honour of Christopher Jeffries the only night my respect for you legal types actually took an upwards swing, pity we cannot get you from Lidl and Aldi.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 am

thebish wrote:after a few unenlightening pages, can i make a suggestion?

This angry page works much better and is basically much more fun when it is restricted to anger at the petty irritations of modern life. I had thought we could all take it as read that we all think bad things are bad and don't need to outdo each other about how angry we really are about obviously bad things..

eg.. cancer is bad and horrid and we are all angry when people continue to die in such huge numbers... we are all angry when murderous b&stards murder people and when violent bloodthirsty &rseholes commit acts of terror... we are all angry about paedophiles and the abuse of children... we are all angry about rape and domestic violence... we are all angry when violent thugs beat up or torture old ladies and rob them of all their savings.

if this thread is about some kind of moral high ground grab where we attempt to prove we are more angry than someone else about something we are all angry about because it is obviously something to be angry about - then, I'd probably stop visiting it.

Personally, I'd rather it was basically a thread about our often irrational and humorous anger at the pettier everyday vicissitudes of life.
It covers both, trivia and the insane.
I know it can be uncomfortable reading at times it even gives me the odd 'ouch' moment, but surely best vented here where extremes can be quietly modded or are you suggesting we ignore all the bad in the world and pretend it don't exist? I can feel myself getting quite angry about this!!! :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:05 am

Hoboh wrote:

I know it can be uncomfortable reading at times it even gives me the odd 'ouch' moment, but surely best vented here where extremes can be quietly modded or are you suggesting we ignore all the bad in the world and pretend it don't exist? I can feel myself getting quite angry about this!!! :mrgreen:
if you really need TW as some kind of venting-therapy for your anger - then I suggest you seek professional help!

and - no - nowhere did I say anything even remotely CLOSE to suggesting that "we ignore all the bad in the world and pretend it don't exist."

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:12 am

today I am mostly determined to be angry about e-cards...

thankyou very much for the huge effort involved in clicking on an internet site and attaching your entire mailing list to an ecard with a generic "happy christmas from the Gartside family". NOT.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 am

Perhaps we should run a 'Today I'm Absolutely 4ucking Bristling' thread as well?! :)

Or as the former Mrs Rioja used to say "Right, I'm a little bit furious with you"! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:29 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

if you really need TW as some kind of venting-therapy for your anger - then I suggest you seek professional help!

and - no - nowhere did I say anything even remotely CLOSE to suggesting that "we ignore all the bad in the world and pretend it don't exist."
:D
No Guardian comments is far better for that :mrgreen:
And 99.9% of the time it's sheer disbelief rather than anger.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:32 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
I'm not sure which you mean. My day job ensuring that cancer patients get diagnosed earlier and have a smooth transition through their treatment programmes or.my voluntary role as a psychotherapist working with the mentally ill?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Perhaps we should run a 'Today I'm Absolutely 4ucking Bristling' thread as well?! :)

Or as the former Mrs Rioja used to say "Right, I'm a little bit furious with you"! :conf:
I never met the former Mrs Rioja, but that she could be so moderate in her rebukes to you places her second only to the saintly bish for patience and forbearing.

IMHO.

:wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:47 am

I'm going to try and reach the New Year without being angry about anything. Then I'll make a new resolution. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:47 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
I'm not sure which you mean. My day job ensuring that cancer patients get diagnosed earlier and have a smooth transition through their treatment programmes
Ah, so you're a doctor?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:53 am

I think you both are impotent and should stop dick waving!