Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:57 am

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Perhaps we should run a 'Today I'm Absolutely 4ucking Bristling' thread as well?! :)

Or as the former Mrs Rioja used to say "Right, I'm a little bit furious with you"! :conf:
I never met the former Mrs Rioja, but that she could be so moderate in her rebukes to you places her second only to the saintly bish for patience and forbearing.

IMHO.

:wink:

I'll show you the scar where she split my head open with the marble base of a lamp once. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:59 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Perhaps we should run a 'Today I'm Absolutely 4ucking Bristling' thread as well?! :)

Or as the former Mrs Rioja used to say "Right, I'm a little bit furious with you"! :conf:
I never met the former Mrs Rioja, but that she could be so moderate in her rebukes to you places her second only to the saintly bish for patience and forbearing.

IMHO.

:wink:

I'll show you the scar where she split my head open with the marble base of a lamp once. ;)
Just a teeny bit of gentle violence? :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... ourt-rules" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D Money for all them pies!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... ourt-rules

:D Money for all them pies!!!
There was an (particularly brilliant) episode of The Simpsons about that. :shock:

Life imitating The Simpsons! Whatever next? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:45 pm

[/quote]

Remind me what non-parasitic, socially useful role you perform again?[/quote]

I'm not sure which you mean. My day job ensuring that cancer patients get diagnosed earlier and have a smooth transition through their treatment programmes [/quote]

Ah, so you're a doctor?[/quote]

A medic? Good God no. I may at some stage do a PhD but it's unlikely. I'm one of the parasitic NHS managers the Daily Heil seems to dislike so much. I can live with the criticism.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
Remind me what non-parasitic, socially useful role you perform again?
I'm not sure which you mean. My day job ensuring that cancer patients get diagnosed earlier and have a smooth transition through their treatment programmes
Ah, so you're a doctor?
A medic? Good God no. I may at some stage do a PhD but it's unlikely. I'm one of the parasitic NHS managers the Daily Heil seems to dislike so much. I can live with the criticism.
But you reserve the right to think of the Daily Mail and others as ignorant and stupid for their generalised pronouncements on this?

Now you mention it, I think you have made it clear in the past that, despite all the shit that goes with your job, you can live with it because you find the cushy hours and generous pension to be adequate consolations.

Good luck with turning your previously pro bono therapy interests into a business too.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:45 pm

I don't recall calling anyone ignorant or stupid. And thank you Mummy, that's very generous of you.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:
Remind me what non-parasitic, socially useful role you perform again?
I'm not sure which you mean. My day job ensuring that cancer patients get diagnosed earlier and have a smooth transition through their treatment programmes
Ah, so you're a doctor?
But you reserve the right to think of the Daily Mail and others as ignorant and stupid for their generalised pronouncements on this?

Now you mention it, I think you have made it clear in the past that, despite all the shit that goes with your job, you can live with it because you find the cushy hours and generous pension to be adequate consolations.

Good luck with turning your previously pro bono therapy interests into a business too.
If I can give just one post over 2014 a thumbs up digital thingy-ma-bob it's this one.

[I know, I know, less incandescent rage doesn't equate to happiness, therefore I'll continue Angriness below!]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34 pm

So anyway, Bijou Bob: do continue. You were calling me a Racist because I find Islam to be a pile of piss. Do explain to me how this can be so. Bearing in mind, by the way, that even amongst the more extreme amongst the constituency there is a large representation of all races.
So, you having No Idea as to which race I belong, tell me how it is that you can label me racist when I condemn this fecking lot:
Boko Haram - mainly black of African origin
AQAP - Arabs
Chechens - White Caucasians
Uighurs - Turkic far Eastern Mongol types.
You can add individuals into the mix: Mohammad Ali, pure American (I remember that cxnt's rants against 'Western Women' very well. Mr Kassig, one of the many dickheads who convert, appropriately enough this one was White and American.
Maybe you think I'm racist because I can't instantly think of many Inuit, Aborigine, or Japanese Muslims?
Well I expect they exist, after all nearly a third of humanity believes the crap that I hate, but rest assured my hatred of their ethos has fxck all to do with what race they are.

So tell me how I am in your considered, managerial, opinion, a Racist.
As a side bet, you can have guess at my 'ethnicity'... go for it!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Er, no. I'll skip it if you don't mind Spotty. Anything that keeps you this angry can't be healthy, or much fun. I'm certainly not going to prolong your angst. I'm sure there's much in your life to be grateful for or happy about. Might I suggest changing threads? Go on, you might just crack a smile.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Might I just quote a relevant line from Pride and Prejudice here? Elizabeth Bennet says:

"Had you behaved in a more gentleman-like manner".

There are no saints here apart from St Hoboh, (I don't think), but let's keep it in mind hey? Costs nothing to be civil even when disagreeing so let's not get religion a banned topic again.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:41 am

New laptop this morning. Already hate Windows 8. What the f*ck. And 8.1 is bollocks. All 'adding' the start bar did was the same as pressing the windows button already did, which is what I used to do anyway. I want a list of stuff you do. I don't want Apps.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:07 am

Prufrock wrote:New laptop this morning. Already hate Windows 8. What the f*ck. And 8.1 is bollocks. All 'adding' the start bar did was the same as pressing the windows button already did, which is what I used to do anyway. I want a list of stuff you do. I don't want Apps.
Start8 will save your sanity. There are other free ones, but not as good. Tis only $5...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:16 pm

the free un is called classic shell.

never mind the correction of the metro/desktop/phone bit , it puts back the 'up' button that windows 7 (or whatever) didnt have.

and even though its supposed to be shite and not be, its faster than windows 7 to me

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Some fxckin cxnt has just totalled my car. Smashed into the passenger side after sliding through red lights because he slammed his brakes on doing fifty on ice. If you CAN'T drive in snow, then fxckin DON'T!
The only bit of cosmic justice is that the nice person broke both his legs. That should keep the moron off the roads for the rest of winter.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Some fxckin cxnt has just totalled my car. Smashed into the passenger side after sliding through red lights because he slammed his brakes on doing fifty on ice. If you CAN'T drive in snow, then fxckin DON'T!
The only bit of cosmic justice is that the tw*t broke both his legs. That should keep the moron off the roads for the rest of winter.
Sorry to hear that spots like you said at least he's got hopefully the first part of justice, next prosecuted then a bump up on his insurance.
Did the cops bag him?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Some fxckin cxnt has just totalled my car. Smashed into the passenger side after sliding through red lights because he slammed his brakes on doing fifty on ice. If you CAN'T drive in snow, then fxckin DON'T!
The only bit of cosmic justice is that the tw*t broke both his legs. That should keep the moron off the roads for the rest of winter.
Sorry to hear that spots like you said at least he's got hopefully the first part of justice, next prosecuted then a bump up on his insurance.
Did the cops bag him?
He was breathalysed and passed; so was I, even though I was stationary at a set of lights. Fortunately the Christmas binge drinking didn't contaminate my breath sample.
The main piss off is that my car is worth more than its book value - Glass has it at around £5k. I turned down an offer of £12k only the other month, and I know another owner who sold his for £17.5k last summer... but its worth more than money. I've spent most of the last hour trying to get hold of the loss adjuster so I can buy it back before it's further mangled during any 'recovery' process. I finally persuaded the local garage to tow it to private parking. I shall attempt to Lazarus the beast in the New Year.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:50 pm

What the feckity feck is it Spots??

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:What the feckity feck is it Spots??
What? The car, you mean?
It's a Skoda Fabia vRS, 07 special edition. The last of the markI vRSs. Deluxe interior, individually numbered (just a thousand made in the world), special metallic paintwork. But above and beyond it's been fully boy-racered: engine remap, composites and alloys inserted into bodywork to make the Decker as light as possible,the works, taking it from a mere 130 brake horsepower to above 170.
0-60 in about six seconds, top speed in the 160/70 mph region and no trouble getting there...
She's a beauty and a beast!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:15 pm

or was until this feckin' morning when some imbecile in a Suzuki pile of crap decided he was a mixture of Robin Cousins and Stirling Moss, but was in fact the bastard child of Frank Spencer.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください