Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Drones are cool. This is a good example of one put to use on the San Marino descent off winter hill...https://youtu.be/scv_wnfGU0I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:29 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Drones are cool. This is a good example of one put to use on the San Marino descent off winter hill...https://youtu.be/scv_wnfGU0I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You're in the wrong fxckin thread :wink:
(it's like me going over to the Happy thread and posting footage of people losing limbs due to flea bites).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:A Man. And a Woman. A dog. And fleas. And the fxcking internet.

For ages some of us thought our neck of the wood was the epicentre of a flea infestation. It turns out it is. Every time I treat my dog and her fleas clear up than no sooner does she get them again. Except when she was in Scotland. And when she was in Italy. And when my m-i-l looked after her when I was in hospital. Flea free then.
Anyway, chatting just now with a bloke whose dog is regularly in the pub and I noticed his dog was crawling with the little fxckers. To cut a long story short he claimed they treated her, but it turns out his missus read an internet forum thread that said the stuff you put on animals for fleas is based on WW2 nerve agents and Tea tree oil is just as effective.
Tea Tree Fxcking Oil. :roll:
Well there are a few hippies and tree huggers down your way LLS
I'm surprised they haven't been in Matlock bath on a Sunday pushing daisies up the exhaust pipes :mrgreen:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:A Man. And a Woman. A dog. And fleas. And the fxcking internet.

For ages some of us thought our neck of the wood was the epicentre of a flea infestation. It turns out it is. Every time I treat my dog and her fleas clear up than no sooner does she get them again. Except when she was in Scotland. And when she was in Italy. And when my m-i-l looked after her when I was in hospital. Flea free then.
Anyway, chatting just now with a bloke whose dog is regularly in the pub and I noticed his dog was crawling with the little fxckers. To cut a long story short he claimed they treated her, but it turns out his missus read an internet forum thread that said the stuff you put on animals for fleas is based on WW2 nerve agents and Tea tree oil is just as effective.
Tea Tree Fxcking Oil. :roll:
Well there are a few hippies and tree huggers down your way LLS
I'm surprised they haven't been in Matlock bath on a Sunday pushing daisies up the exhaust pipes :mrgreen:
He sticks a daisy up my exhaust and he'll get a swift lesson in the law of equal and opposite reactions.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Walking the dog on the quiet lane over to Lathlil Dale and some moron just missed killing us. Dog's now limping after twisting something when leaping into a ditch to avoid being mown down. At least the nice person stopped... too late, but she diid. Stuck her head put of the window and said she didn't see the dog.
Truth is I don't think the shortatsed pillock can see anything below the horizon including the road...about four foot nothing and seat as low as can go in a huge 4x4: her hands on the steering wheel were as high as her head.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Walking the dog on the quiet lane over to Lathlil Dale and some moron just missed killing us. Dog's now limping after twisting something when leaping into a ditch to avoid being mown down. At least the tw*t stopped... too late, but she diid. Stuck her head put of the window and said she didn't see the dog.
Truth is I don't think the shortatsed pillock can see anything below the horizon including the road...about four foot nothing and seat as low as can go in a huge 4x4: her hands on the steering wheel were as high as her head.
There's a tribe of them. Almost all are females and most of them live in Farnworth. They blatantly park on double yellows and regularly ignore bus stops. Taxi drivers are immune from the rules that affect everyone else....it seems. On Plodder Lane at the top of Bradford Road is a section of road where people double park.....on the pavement!
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:They blatantly park on double yellows and regularly ignore bus stops. Taxi drivers are immune from the rules that affect everyone else....it seems. On Plodder Lane at the top of Bradford Road is a section of road where people double park.....on the pavement!
At the risk of stoking controversy, see also - Blackburn Road around The Tramways, Halliwell Road, Deane Road, Derby St, St Helens Rd, Wigan Rd for plenty more of the same.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:03 pm

quite a bit of dodgy parking down shiffnall street too...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:05 pm

thebish wrote:quite a bit of dodgy parking down shiffnall street too...

We'll bow to your greater experience. Aye. :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

it's bloody annoying - people park very badly and they also drive REALLY slowly down there... infuriating! :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:08 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

it's bloody annoying - people park very badly and they also drive REALLY slowly down there... infuriating! :D
Tempting :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:38 am

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Tempting :mrgreen:
I'm sure someone mentioned it was great for bikes.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:28 pm

and knackering your suspension

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I'm sure someone mentioned it was great for bikes.
dunno about that... is it a good place for taking one up top - pillion-position?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:07 pm

When we bought the wife's laptop we also bought a N orton Security package. Because she does online banking etc and is security conscious, when renewal time came up ( today) she was dismayed to find the cost has shot up to £ 64 a year. She got in touch with N orton and was told her initial purchase was just an in-store offer with the laptop sale. She then told them she wasn't prepared to pay that much and would find security elsewhere. " Because you have been a good customer, we are prepared to renew for £25-99" she was then informed, after a short pause. We took that, but it just shows how some folk are paying through the nose.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:13 pm

Why are you paying for Norton (it's shit), when Avast and AVGfree work perfectly well for the grand total of nowt?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:When we bought the wife's laptop we also bought a N orton Security package. Because she does online banking etc and is security conscious, when renewal time came up ( today) she was dismayed to find the cost has shot up to £ 64 a year. She got in touch with N orton and was told her initial purchase was just an in-store offer with the laptop sale. She then told them she wasn't prepared to pay that much and would find security elsewhere. " Because you have been a good customer, we are prepared to renew for £25-99" she was then informed, after a short pause. We took that, but it just shows how some folk are paying through the nose.

aye - anyone (as in - private individual for home use - not corporations!!) who is paying anything for virus packages is paying through the nose!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:43 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Why are you paying for Norton (it's shit), when Avast and AVGfree work perfectly well for the grand total of nowt?
Tell the wife that, you know what women are like. I have McAfee and Anti Malaware myself. I've never paid for either as they were on my pc when my daughter gave it to me, ex her firm (with permission of course).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:" Because you have been a good customer, we are prepared to renew for £25-99"
Just had a sort of similar experience booking a hotel in Ireland. Their website was playing up so I rang them instead;

Them: "Is your reservation business or pleasure?"

Me: "Business".

Them: "Oh right, well we have a special commercial rate for you and a free upgrade".

So, should any of you find yourself in Killarney, ring The Plaza telling them that it's a business trip and they'll give you a swanky room with a kingsize bed and your breakfast all for €72 rather than the €110 that it is for a standard double.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:29 pm

This from our Head IT bod in the US.

"As always please reach out to your local IT staff if you need any support"

Are you one of The Four Cunting Tops? No you're not. Now stop it.

This is the 2nd email I've had off of this nice person today that's used that expression!!!