Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:58 pm

I don't drive a big car - I have a 3 door ford focus and when you are on your own with 4 month old twins you have to leave in the car whilst you go off to search in the pouring rain for the only and only trolley at the supermarket that is suitable for taking 2 babies you want to be near the entrance rather then parked 100s of meters away from the trolleys just cos some lazy fatso with no kids can't he arsed to park in a normal space.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:I don't drive a big car - I have a 3 door ford focus and when you are on your own with 4 month old twins you have to leave in the car whilst you go off to search in the pouring rain for the only and only trolley at the supermarket that is suitable for taking 2 babies you want to be near the entrance rather then parked 100s of meters away from the trolleys just cos some lazy fatso with no kids can't he arsed to park in a normal space.
So you're saying folk that choose to take their kids shopping should be allowed to be lazy whereas those that leave them with the other half or make other arrangements or don't have kids should be made treated as second class citizens and be made to suffer?

Hmm really don't see why that should be the case. Nobody forces you to go shopping with kids, if its really such an issue there is such a thing as the internet.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:14 pm

My Hummer needs two spaces!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Hoboh wrote:My Hummer needs two spaces!!!
Change you deodorant. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:20 pm

tescos provided me with my own space...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

thebish wrote:Tesco provided me with my own space...

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:I don't drive a big car - I have a 3 door ford focus and when you are on your own with 4 month old twins you have to leave in the car whilst you go off to search in the pouring rain for the only and only trolley at the supermarket that is suitable for taking 2 babies you want to be near the entrance rather then parked 100s of meters away from the trolleys just cos some lazy fatso with no kids can't he arsed to park in a normal space.
So you're saying folk that choose to take their kids shopping should be allowed to be lazy whereas those that leave them with the other half or make other arrangements or don't have kids should be made treated as second class citizens and be made to suffer?

Hmm really don't see why that should be the case. Nobody forces you to go shopping with kids, if its really such an issue there is such a thing as the internet.
When i didn't have kids i never felt the need to use either disabled or parent/child parking spaces. I didn't feel i was 'suffering' or that i was a '2nd class citizen' by not using them as you clearly do (thinking you need some help for that... ;) ) i was perfectly happy and capable of parking in a normal space and walking slightly further to the supermarket.

However, now i have 2 small babies (one too many to carry easily and neither of whom at 4 months have mastered walking) i feel entitled to be angry at lazy arses who don't have kids or any need of a space near the supermarket when they park in the last remaining child/parent space. I don't feel thats me being 'lazy' i just feel that i need the space more then they do thats all.

And, as it happens, its rare i do go to the supermarket with both twins in tow but i'm hardly gonna order a pint of milk or a loaf of bread only, on the internet when i have run out and i am on my own with the twins am i? And what about single parents who have no choice and noone to leave the kids with? Should they also park miles from the supermarket just because its unreasonable for parents with kids to use the parent/child spaces in your eyes?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Fixed that for you. :wink:
well done.. :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:57 am

Feckin hoodies AGAIN!!!!

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx ... =156134867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any "yoof" wearing a hoodie should be shot on sight or at least harrased and knocked ten bells out of by the old bill!
little scrotes.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 am

best thing about having kids is them Parent & Toddler bays at Tesco! tremendous.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

When i didn't have kids i never felt the need to use either disabled or parent/child parking spaces. I didn't feel i was 'suffering' or that i was a '2nd class citizen' by not using them as you clearly do (thinking you need some help for that... ;) ) i was perfectly happy and capable of parking in a normal space and walking slightly further to the supermarket.

However, now i have 2 small babies (one too many to carry easily and neither of whom at 4 months have mastered walking) i feel entitled to be angry at lazy arses who don't have kids or any need of a space near the supermarket when they park in the last remaining child/parent space. I don't feel thats me being 'lazy' i just feel that i need the space more then they do thats all.

And, as it happens, its rare i do go to the supermarket with both twins in tow but i'm hardly gonna order a pint of milk or a loaf of bread only, on the internet when i have run out and i am on my own with the twins am i? And what about single parents who have no choice and noone to leave the kids with? Should they also park miles from the supermarket just because its unreasonable for parents with kids to use the parent/child spaces in your eyes?
Thing is you like the parent child spaces because they're handier. I don't have an issue with them, except that often they are the only spaces free and there seems to be more and more of them taking spaces up and everyone else struggles to park.

I do think however, the key thing is that there are a lot of people who for various reasons would find it handier to park nearer the shop, folk with gammy legs or bad backs, who aren't actually disabled in the way of having a badge, or people who are feeling ill, or late for something and about to get the sack or have difficulties walking quickly or pain free but are again still not classed as disabled, or those idiots who take their dogs to the supermarket and tie them up outside. I'm sure they'd find a parent child space "easier".

My point being why is a parent with a child considered a "special case"? Thats the bit I have an issue with.

But anyways why the hell are you going to a supermarket for bread and milk. Do you not have a local bakers and a milkman or at the very least a corner shop?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Ok, bread and milk was just an example. I just meant if you don't need enough for a big internet order but have too many heavy bags to struggle home from the village whilst pushing a double pushchair (my pram has the tiniest shopping basket) I do pick up bits in the tiny village co-op but it doesn't have much choice and the village bakers is only accesible up some high, too narrow for pushchair steps so thats a no go when i have the twins with me.

I agree theres other special cases that could do with parking nearer the shops - i agree if you have a valid need you should park nearer, but i also feel if you're just being lazy thats out of order when its busy.

Anyway today i am mildly angry about the fact you have no control over what you dream about. Random dream last night about a bloke i haven't seen in ages and was trying to forget. Whats that all about?!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:47 pm

I'd imagine taking a taxi home from the local supermarket works out far cheaper than trying to run and park a big four-wheel drive (the car parks are always full of them) and put up with all the aggro involved in doing it. Far worse are the ones who park there, take off round the town for a couple of hours, then pop in the supermarket for a loaf and a pass to say they've been shopping there. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: Anyway today i am mildly angry about the fact you have no control over what you dream about. Random dream last night about a bloke i haven't seen in ages and was trying to forget. Whats that all about?!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Nobody forced you to have kids

If it makes shopping a little more difficult, deal with it or have 'em adopted
Sto ut Serviam

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I'd imagine taking a taxi home from the local supermarket works out far cheaper than trying to run and park a big four-wheel drive (the car parks are always full of them) and put up with all the aggro involved in doing it. Far worse are the ones who park there, take off round the town for a couple of hours, then pop in the supermarket for a loaf and a pass to say they've been shopping there. :wink:
... a bit like parking at Tesco's ... buying a bag of boiled sweets & then clearing off to the Reebok for a couple of hours I suppose.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:48 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I'd imagine taking a taxi home from the local supermarket works out far cheaper than trying to run and park a big four-wheel drive (the car parks are always full of them) and put up with all the aggro involved in doing it. Far worse are the ones who park there, take off round the town for a couple of hours, then pop in the supermarket for a loaf and a pass to say they've been shopping there. :wink:
... a bit like parking at Tesco's ... buying a bag of boiled sweets & then clearing off to the Reebok for a couple of hours I suppose.
nobody would do that - would they??? :shock:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Today I'm angry about why Rihana or however you spell it's new single has had the line 'but chains and whips excite me' censored. Was on t'radio on the way home. WHYYYYYYYYY?! There's just a weird noise. 'but bleugh and bleugh excite me'. PC gone mad I tells ya.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Prufrock wrote:PC gone mad I tells ya.
I thought you said it was the radio? :conf:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Nobody forced you to have kids

If it makes shopping a little more difficult, deal with it or have 'em adopted
Flip me! I only meant it made me mildly annoyed. i'm not on some huge crusade or something. Thought it was the angry thread?