Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:09 am

So up yours, Boris. Who's a Godless bastard? :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:24 pm

It's about a priest, so stick t up your jacksie ;-)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:07 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Champions League 'anthem'? That'll be nothing other than, at best, a theme tune won't it? :conf:
It's a hymn, you godless bastards

Well, I say that.. They changed the words a bit to make it sound like they're singing about the Champions League - But it's called Zadok the Priest I think.

Anyway.. Absolutely pathetic that they're in trouble for this. Talk about censoreship!!

it is/was an anthem composed for the coronation of George 2nd... I think it has been sung at every coronation since, though I may be wrong about that... it's such a long time since we had one! :D
Watch this space........ ( That should put you and me on the GCHQ radar!)
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:53 pm

boltonboris wrote:It's about a priest, so stick t up your jacksie ;-)
and a prophet...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:01 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:It's about a priest, so stick t up your jacksie ;-)
... and a prophet...
OK. He prophesies he'll stick it up his jacksie !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:54 am

Cold calls from financial services companies. They always start out as if they are your mate and they know you. They usually refuse to tell you what they want until they have finished talking bollocks for 15 minutes. Usually pension legislation has *just* changed in the UK - it must change on a daily basis :roll:

This time though, some Scottish cvnt started out with "we spoke last month and you asked me to call you back". I responded with "no you fecking didn't, I've never spoken to you before in my life and trust me, I don't ask cold calling spivs to call me...ever. Take me off your database and don't sell my info on". Before I could hit the end call button he wanted to know why I didn't want to receive any further calls! :roll:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:34 am

I like the ones who start by asking if I have time to answer just one simple question.... I often say that I have..

they then make smalltalk and ask an inane question such as "how are you today?"

I then tell them that I am in tip-top form

they then move on as if to get to business - and I am forced to remind them that they only asked for the time for one question - which they have just used up...

bye! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:35 am

I also quite enjoy telling street chuggers that I hate whatever the target of their fund-raising is.. animals, old people, blind children...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 am

^
"According to our records" is a favourite here. That and "Are you aware of a new government legislation?". Add the "We can do it together!" ads forever telling us how much they care, blatant insurance chancers that try to make you feel guilty for being alive without taking out multiple policies for your "loved ones" (even if you are only thirty) and phone calls from Mr "no name" on your mobile that try to get you to ring them back and then leave you on hold and rack up your charges, etc.etc,etc. Oh, baby, baby it's a wild world... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:56 am

Forgot to add an old chestnut that seems to be trying again. Guy knocked on my door the other day saying he was doing a survey on band ratings for council tax purpose. He could possibly get my band changed to pay less tax if I would answer a few questions.

"Are you from the council" I asked?
"Er, no, the council have nothing to do with setting these bands"...etc
"And this authority is?"
Some mumble here and flashes a clip board of printed forms"
"So who is this authority, and do you work for them?"
"Er, no, we are a small private company who.....

"Sorry, not for me thanks. Good morning." Retire, close door. Had this a couple of years ago. It's some sort of a scam where you fill a load of forms in and agree to pay this "small private company" so much/many percent of what they save you in council tax etc.....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:58 am

thebish wrote:I like the ones who start by asking if I have time to answer just one simple question.... I often say that I have..

they then make smalltalk and ask an inane question such as "how are you today?"

I then tell them that I am in tip-top form

they then move on as if to get to business - and I am forced to remind them that they only asked for the time for one question - which they have just used up...

bye! :D
Must remember that one :lol:

I get so many of these calls that I instantly go into angry mode. I've turned into a grumpy old bastard :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:18 am

I don't get as many as the missus (who is the one who signed up for the telephone preference scheme, funnily enough!) - but I don't mind much as long as they are not obviously lying to me.

those who are lying - eg - claiming that my windows computer has a virus threat which they can detect from windows security central - or some such - then they get both barrels

those who aren't - I TRY to remember that the person calling is usually a very poorly paid person simply trying to make a living to feed and clothe themselves and possibly their family - they didn't create the company or the system - and they get abuse and a dog's life all day long. If I can try to make at least ONE of their phone calls which they HAVE to make in order to keep up with their punishing schedule of targets - then maybe I have done a good thing...

the same doesn't apply to street-chuggers - though I don't resort to abuse - just extreme hatred of whatever they want me to give them money for "JUST" £3 a week!!!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:37 am

I have no sympathy for them here. They work for companies with dubious practices and generally seem to be wideboys living the Dubai dream getting pissed at brunches every Friday. Back in the UK they'd be misselling PPI etc..

A few generalisations, but I have looked into a few of the more annoying ones and they were to a man very punchable.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:23 am

I get them, always from Scoucers, about some or other accident that they seem to think I've had within the past 3 years. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:30 am

aye - I get them... they usually fall under the category of liars who deserve both barrels as they claim to know about an accident I have had...

(it is possible they do - that an insurer has sold them generalised info - but most of the time I reckon they are just phishing...)

anyway - with those I usually play along for a bit - thanking them for their concern - and then ask them if they mean the one where I fell off the works scaffolding whilst trying to retieve the boss's cat - breaking both legs, an arm and 3 ribs...

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:48 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I get them, always from Scoucers, about some or other accident that they seem to think I've had within the past 3 years. :conf:
My gran got one during her 100th birthday celebrations. She's never once driven a car. Nor did my long deceased grandad. The scamming Scouse bint on the other end took great exception to being called a liar.

My gran also has the misfortune of being with TalkTalk. She got her first scam call purporting to be from them a couple of days ago and as it was a 7:30 in the morning she gave them a gobful too. Attagirl!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:13 am

Little Green Man wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I get them, always from Scoucers, about some or other accident that they seem to think I've had within the past 3 years. :conf:
My gran got one during her 100th birthday celebrations. She's never once driven a car. Nor did my long deceased grandad. The scamming Scouse bint on the other end took great exception to being called a liar.

My gran also has the misfortune of being with TalkTalk. She got her first scam call purporting to be from them a couple of days ago and as it was a 7:30 in the morning she gave them a gobful too. Attagirl!
sweary grans are da bomb!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:18 am

thebish wrote:I don't get as many as the missus (who is the one who signed up for the telephone preference scheme, funnily enough!) - but I don't mind much as long as they are not obviously lying to me.

those who are lying - eg - claiming that my windows computer has a virus threat which they can detect from windows security central - or some such - then they get both barrels

those who aren't - I TRY to remember that the person calling is usually a very poorly paid person simply trying to make a living to feed and clothe themselves and possibly their family - they didn't create the company or the system - and they get abuse and a dog's life all day long. If I can try to make at least ONE of their phone calls which they HAVE to make in order to keep up with their punishing schedule of targets - then maybe I have done a good thing...

the same doesn't apply to street-chuggers - though I don't resort to abuse - just extreme hatred of whatever they want me to give them money for "JUST" £3 a week!!!
Very similar here at the Circus.

I do feel sorry for people who have that as their job and if they're polite then I just politely decline.

The ones who lie "our records show that in the past 3 years ..." get a bit back. Often asking where they got this from. I've noticed that any challenge whatsoever leads to them putting the phone down.

Now, the ones who do deserve to fry in Hell, basted rarely and turned often, are the multi-call ones. Those who have an auto-dial system and you're just one of half a dozen. So when you pick up they aren't on the chuffing line. When they eventually answer you (from THEIR call) they 90% of the time get your name wrong. You can hear others in the background and they inevitably are over-cheery, over presumptions and difficult to be negative to. W@nkers of the first order.

Then .... then ... then there are the street chugger. The over enthusiastic ones who bob around in front of you. Alarmingly cheery. Irrepressible. Those ... they get the anti-whatever-it-is-they're-touting response. Yesterday's bubbly tw@ts waving photos of people in chains as they tried to halt my progress through Chester were Amnesty International. They seemed surprised that I wished more people were locked-up, Greater use of torture should be permitted and the death penalty should apply ... mainly to street chuggers.

Last week the anti-vivisectionists got told exactly why I felt beagles were a pampered species.

Grrrrrr
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:48 am

of course, the most effective way of dealing with irritating callers/chuggers is to ask very early on...

may I ask you a quick question first?

errr... ok..

have you been personally saved by the blood of Jeeeeeesus?

that normally does the trick! :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Cold calls from financial services companies. They always start out as if they are your mate and they know you. They usually refuse to tell you what they want until they have finished talking bollocks for 15 minutes. Usually pension legislation has *just* changed in the UK - it must change on a daily basis :roll:

This time though, some Scottish cvnt started out with "we spoke last month and you asked me to call you back". I responded with "no you fecking didn't, I've never spoken to you before in my life and trust me, I don't ask cold calling spivs to call me...ever. Take me off your database and don't sell my info on". Before I could hit the end call button he wanted to know why I didn't want to receive any further calls! :roll:
Simple, in a broken voice indicate you 'no speak English' and keep repeating refugee, refugee!
It works.