Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: In the past there were jobs for the masses who didn't go to University. Most of these jobs don't exist anymore.
No arguing with that. Can't blame kids either for not wanting to follow their dads and granddads down the pit or into cottonmills anyway. Biggest problem overall is that their are more kids than jobs they can do.
Aye but that problem exists, University or not.

And the great thing about University is it gives us a chance to properly train people up so that a wide variety of areas are covered. Not saying that is happening like, but least the potential is there!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:47 pm

hoboh2o wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:
The rent bit applies to those who don't work, won't work yet want housing etc as a "right" We give youth in a lot of cases too many easy options and in the next decade we will pay dearly for this! Lawyers will become the real fat cats because like undertakers there will be no shortage of work, in fact there will be plenty of repeat business
Undertakers get repeat business? I would have thought it was mostly new customers...
:wink: Don't nit pick I meant the legal eagles! you know I did :mrgreen:

Or is this a sinister hint that a better education may have made hobo more literate???
Worked all me life from apprenticeship till now through ressesions still found work, any work to keep the family, its called responsabilities and pride not left them for someone else to pick up the bill for. :)
Fair enough - food and shelter for the family should be the highest priority. All a better education might do would allow people to spell recession and responsibilities properly, but wouldn't change the message. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Verbal wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:Just found this thread! Cheers Pru you've just confirmed that the youth of today should behave better, be great full for being "allowed to stay in Education or paid not to work" despite contributing nowt or taken out and SHOT!
Why should we put up with Morons who don't work, don't want to work, probably never will work yet can still afford to get pissed nearly everyday whilst having their rent paid to turn their flats or council houses into drug, sex or booze parlors?
Our Police should be left alone to deal with drunken yobs like the Spanish Police do, trouble breaks out you get the feck away as fast as possible not stand around videoing it on your mobile to U tube for your mates or you get your skull split!
Youth have become Morons because of the soft liberal woolly jumper mob of the late sixties early seventy's they too should be hunted down and shot!
You leave school you work, if you go to Uni, you work to pay for it simple as, then when you get qualified at least you can justify your big over inflated salary's.
Youth today get their arse's wiped and still whinge and whine
The fees come out of your salary after you graduate, assuming you've a) managed to get a job in the recession and b) found one which pays over the 15k threshold. So aye, it's not exactly a bunch of roses.

And fyi, rent paid for? Are you having a giraffe? I had to have three jobs on the go just to keep up with payments, never mind this 'going out' lark. You get a student loan as well, yes, but as said above ^ it's all repayed. and with top up fees now you, The Taxpayer (c) get even more money back from us lot, which will go a long way to easing your fears as it shores up our financial and MPs allowance system.
Pretty much what Verbal said. Not only do you get your cash back providing you earn over 15k a year, which the vast majority will, you get extra. Our loans are interest free, but they change in line with inflation. A figure of inflation they just make up, which at one point was something like 7%. HA. I wonder if this recession turns into a depression, what we owe will go down? I doubt it. And like Verbal, and the vast majority of students, and I mean the vast majority, I work to pay my way. London is so hard to find a job that fits around my degree I've stood around Leicester Square on my Friday nights handing out leaflets to pissed folk who clearly didn't care and just swore at me. That added to 30-ish hours a week study, and 40 hour jobs in the holidays says we aren't lazy dossers. In fact the only people who don't work to pay are the ones for whom their parents pay, and so it isn't costing you anything anyway.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Since we were talking of adverts the other day, I thought I'd mention something that doesn't so much make me angry as crush my soul. How numbingly depressing is it to see Iggy Pop advertising insurance?! Is that what it's come to?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruno wrote:Cheers Bruce, glad to know of another believer in the miracle of IKEA meatballs.

I love the Gravelax (sp?) too, wonderful stuff.
They do Gravadlax? :shock: Do they serve it with that mustard, honey and dill sauce stuff too?

They do, and it's wonderful
Was right all along

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Today I'm angry about...

people in tube stations trying to get through the wrong side of gates. And then trying to go through again, mystified as to why the ticket is spurting back out at them.

There is a big red 'x No Entry' on that side for a reason, you plankton
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Today I'm angry about someone at work who finds five reasons why he can't do something rather than one where he can.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Today I''m angry at my team at work. Need there bloody heads knocking together :whack:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:Today I'm angry about someone at work who finds five reasons why he can't do something rather than one where he can.
ugh. oh yes.

and people who use illness outbreaks for additional leave...

I won't do IKEA food comments anymore as its against the spirit of the thread!

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:10 am

enfieldwhite wrote:Today I'm angry about someone at work who finds five reasons why he can't do something rather than one where he can.
I don't blame you, enfieldwhite, after all anyone who can't come up with more than five reasons is obviously incompetent and shouldn't have been employed in the first place. :P

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:30 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Today I''m angry at my team at work. Need there bloody heads knocking together :whack:
See, that stuff gets me angry

Team

Team, my arse
Sto ut Serviam

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:12 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Today I''m angry at my team at work. Need there bloody heads knocking together :whack:
See, that stuff gets me angry

Team

Team, my arse
Rather I call them my minions? servants? What is the politically correct term these days? :roll:

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:26 am

I use untermensch. :shock:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:30 am

InsaneApache wrote:I use untermensch. :shock:
Mind if I use that? Quite appropriate!

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 am

Just tell em, if they don't flip faster then they don't get the stars - it's as simple as that
Was right all along

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:01 am

Or decent guidance? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:40 am

What you need to do is shout more. Use a few expletives and growl a lot. That way, if they have any problems, they'll be too scared to bother you with them. And its good stress relief.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:48 am

Lord Kangana wrote:What you need to do is shout more. Use a few expletives and growl a lot. That way, if they have any problems, they'll be too scared to bother you with them. And its good stress relief.
Ahh the Gordon Ramsay school of line management!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Or decent guidance? :conf:
They have that coming out of their ears. They just need to pull their finger out and stop bitching with each other. It's like managing a bunch of primary school kids at times :roll:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Women in petrol stations, for gods sake you don't have to bloke the whole entrance waiting for a pump on the same side as the filling point on your car, park close enough and the pipe will reach over!