Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Image
Yeah, c*nts. Paying for chips with a cheque!

On Sunday night (post GNR) a bunch of us were on a night out in Newcastle. We were informed that there was 1800 'freshers' on a pub crawl around the town centre.

At one stage we were refused entry to a pub because it was 'Students only'. At which point I pointed out to the door staff that, not only was I a guest in their city, I had probably contributed more to their local economy in one weekend than the bastard students would in their whole tenure. Probably.

I may have been a bit squiffy.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:04 pm

Prufrock wrote:I find asking someone what they think about Charlie Hebdo a pretty good proxy for an IQ test.

Is he that lion that got himself shot in the jungle?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Mates 8yr old lad has been with Wigan Athletic for 2 seasons, he's a brilliant young player. Anyway, on tuesday night they told him and his dad they were releasing him as "Although he's Technically one of the top 2 players we have, he doesn't know the game enough yet!!!" .His dad then said to the coach "Well as a coach, isn't it your job to teach him it, if hes one of your best players?" To which the coach replied......."we've not got the time" :shock: :shock: He's only feckin 8.

No wonder English football is fecked

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:35 am

perhaps "angry" is a bit strong - a bit perturbed, maybe!

you can buy one of these with an HD camera on it - YES - a radio-controlled drone-copter

for just £35...

now - aside from the obvious question - "am I within my rights to shoot one down if it drones over my back garden?"

surely - allowing any tom, dick, or harry to own a drone is asking for trouble..

YES I'd love to own one and use it to return all the cat poo to my next-door-but-one neighbour's garden - that's only fair and normal - BUT - there are minds more devious and perverted even than mine that could surely turn this into an extremely dangerous piece of kit....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm

^Is it not just a remote controlled flying toy? They've been around years minus camera. Unless it has special range or something. If you can fly it miles then yeah, be worried, but if it has the range of most remote control products in that price range, it won't get very far.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:12 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dr ... es-5378549

They're getting cheaper and more advanced. I think they are pretty cool but obviously prone to serious misuse.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:05 pm

They're coming up on the outside of e-ciggies as my number one hate...
I have applied for a shotgun licence specifically to take out any of the fxckers flying over me... (obviously in order to get the licence I've described them as vermin).
I'm told I'll know sometime soon whether it's a Yes, but apparently it should be...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:They're coming up on the outside of e-ciggies as my number one hate...
I have applied for a shotgun licence specifically to take out any of the fxckers flying over me... (obviously in order to get the licence I've described them as vermin).
I'm told I'll know sometime soon whether it's a Yes, but apparently it should be...

LLS With a shotgun.................................................DUCK!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:18 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:They're coming up on the outside of e-ciggies as my number one hate...

LLS With a shotgun.................................................DUCK!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Just don't take his barstool.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Could you not commandeer a drone and use it to find e-cig users? :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:39 pm

Some 19yr old George who fancied organising a massacre and intended to bomb, shot and stab as many people from his (former) college is found guilty and sentenced to life.

Good.

He "will NOT be released for a minimum of 8 years".

Bad.

Way to go with that definition of "life"

Liam Lyburd mass murder plot: Teen sentenced to life - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-34359392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:^Is it not just a remote controlled flying toy? They've been around years minus camera. Unless it has special range or something. If you can fly it miles then yeah, be worried, but if it has the range of most remote control products in that price range, it won't get very far.
Pah! This is what I want.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:37 am

without any desire to debate the economic ins and outs of our industrial/manufacturing base...

just from a purely human interest point of view... I am feeling really sad for the people of Redcar and Teesside today... FAR more than the 1700 direct steelworks jobs will be lost in weeks/months to come... and in a part of the country where there simply are not that many obvious opportunities for those recently made unemployed. It's a long time since I lived and worked up there - but i still know families who will be directly affected. :(

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:54 am

^ I felt exactly the same listening to the news last night, and my immediate, rather simplistic, answer was for the government to nationalise that particular plant and become the employers. They could if needed stockpile the product until a better price could be realised but the savings made in all the benefit payments would go some way to financing the deal. They'll never do it, of course, probably against EU rules, but one solution.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:10 am

clapton is god wrote:^ I felt exactly the same listening to the news last night, and my immediate, rather simplistic, answer was for the government to nationalise that particular plant and become the employers. They could if needed stockpile the product until a better price could be realised but the savings made in all the benefit payments would go some way to financing the deal. They'll never do it, of course, probably against EU rules, but one solution.

Perhaps Mittal could buy it out and add to his empire.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
clapton is god wrote:^ I felt exactly the same listening to the news last night, and my immediate, rather simplistic, answer was for the government to nationalise that particular plant and become the employers. They could if needed stockpile the product until a better price could be realised but the savings made in all the benefit payments would go some way to financing the deal. They'll never do it, of course, probably against EU rules, but one solution.
Perhaps Mittal could buy it out and add to his empire.
... or if Frances O'Grady and Len McClusky think it's so easy and so viable they buy it and run it as a cooperative. It's simply BOUND to make tons of profit to hep them fight the good fight.

It's a tragedy for the area and the people directly and indirectly involved but there are no simple answers. Each 'direct job' as a rule of thumb means 3 to 4 fold indirect jobs in an area.

It's not an area which will easy fetch alternative unvestent. The Thai's took it from Tata 4 years ago when Tata had concluded it was unviable after years & years of struggle by British Steel, Corus and themselves. The past 4 years began as light at the end of the tunnel but proved a false dawn.

China's reduced growth rate means they can consume their own steel and flood markets with cheap products. I would be surprised if "mothballing" doesn't mean eventual closure BUT don't underestimate the cost and commitment in keeping a plant mothballed and 500 workers on to maintain it as one-day usable.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh
Me fxckin phone constantly dropping off the internet and refusing point-feckin-blank to connect to wi-fi spots...
And all because I've got Unfuckenlimited data. It was faaaaar easier to connect when the fxcking thing Relied on hotspots..Bleeding technology, bleedin' advances, buggering IT.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh
Me fxckin phone constantly dropping off the internet and refusing point-feckin-blank to connect to wi-fi spots...
And all because I've got Unfuckenlimited data. It was faaaaar easier to connect when the fxcking thing Relied on hotspots..Bleeding technology, bleedin' advances, buggering IT.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Who's going to tell him ^??
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:Who's going to tell him ^??

We could send a message by drone......