Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:19 pm

On an advertising theme:

I hate that prat from the Pear Cider adverts ''just give it to me straight,'' he says. Don't f*cking tempt me! :twisted:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:53 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:On an advertising theme:

I hate that prat from the Pear Cider adverts ''just give it to me straight,'' he says. Don't f*cking tempt me! :twisted:
Don't get me started on cider in all its various forms. When the f*ck did every advert on tv/bus stops/billboards suddenly become one for ruddy pear cider? Who's drinking it, and why???
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bruno wrote:can't be angry at 45p hot dogs
You obviously never bought one off the guy with the handcart on Churchgate then. Dew drops an enforced extra. :vomit:
Ikea food is legendary amongst blokes, cos we spend so long in the cafe there. I prefer the meatballs myself mind. Oh and a dime bar!

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:42 pm

+1

Same - went to the one in Ashton last week with the wife, left her looking round whilst I went and took advantage of the free refills and 45p hot dogs. Mmmmmmm
Was right all along

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:49 am

thebish wrote: . . . Brownstone - stucco - duplex - condo..... today I read.. "Briggs lived in a traditional stucco two-storey bungalow" TWO STOREY BUNGALOW?????
aggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
The thing I liked about that quote, thebish, and ignoring the obvious, was that a stucco two-storey bungalow is, apparently. traditional. :roll:

Then again, I shouldn't be harsh. Where I live a block of flats is normally referred to as a Home Unit Complex and an individual residence within that complex, unsurprisingly, as a Home Unit. In a general sense a 'flat' indicates a rented property - owned by one person or business - over which you have little or no control, whereas a 'Home Unit' would normally describe the situation where the owner of such has input to the management, maintenance and use of the property, plus (most importantly) a Certificate of Title proving one's ownership. Of course many Home Units are rented but the control of such resides with the owner.

So, regardless of the etymology of the so-called word, I give you semidetached. In my world something is attached or it isn't. I will not be building my next nest out of glass. :)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 am

Just found this thread! Cheers Pru you've just confirmed that the youth of today should behave better, be great full for being "allowed to stay in Education or paid not to work" despite contributing nowt or taken out and SHOT!
Why should we put up with Morons who don't work, don't want to work, probably never will work yet can still afford to get pissed nearly everyday whilst having their rent paid to turn their flats or council houses into drug, sex or booze parlors?
Our Police should be left alone to deal with drunken yobs like the Spanish Police do, trouble breaks out you get the feck away as fast as possible not stand around videoing it on your mobile to U tube for your mates or you get your skull split!
Youth have become Morons because of the soft liberal woolly jumper mob of the late sixties early seventy's they too should be hunted down and shot!
You leave school you work, if you go to Uni, you work to pay for it simple as, then when you get qualified at least you can justify your big over inflated salary's.
Youth today get their arse's wiped and still whinge and whine

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:29 am

hoboh2o wrote:Just found this thread! Cheers Pru you've just confirmed that the youth of today should behave better, be great full for being "allowed to stay in Education or paid not to work" despite contributing nowt or taken out and SHOT!
Why should we put up with Morons who don't work, don't want to work, probably never will work yet can still afford to get pissed nearly everyday whilst having their rent paid to turn their flats or council houses into drug, sex or booze parlors?
Our Police should be left alone to deal with drunken yobs like the Spanish Police do, trouble breaks out you get the feck away as fast as possible not stand around videoing it on your mobile to U tube for your mates or you get your skull split!
Youth have become Morons because of the soft liberal woolly jumper mob of the late sixties early seventy's they too should be hunted down and shot!
You leave school you work, if you go to Uni, you work to pay for it simple as, then when you get qualified at least you can justify your big over inflated salary's.
You're not quite right, there, Hobo - children have always been scum.

From screaming babies, through whining toddlers, crying and moaning pre-teens, up to adolescents mugging pensioners to get more money to spend on glue to sniff.

Get rid of children. I have numerous proposals to solve The Child Problem, ranging from curfews for the under-21s to compulsory sterilisation of the entire country. These are, for reasons I've never understood, controversial.

Last night, I watched "Young, Dumb and Living With Mum" - I think that sums it up.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:35 am

hoboh2o wrote:Just found this thread! Cheers Pru you've just confirmed that the youth of today should behave better, be great full for being "allowed to stay in Education or paid not to work" despite contributing nowt or taken out and SHOT!
I really hope that post is tongue in cheek.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You obviously never bought one off the guy with the handcart on Churchgate then. Dew drops an enforced extra. :vomit:
Ikea food is legendary amongst blokes, cos we spend so long in the cafe there. I prefer the meatballs myself mind. Oh and a dime bar!
Oh yes. I'm just refuting Bruno's point that there's no such thing as a lamentable 45p hotdog.

That sauce that they put on the meatballs is the nicest stuff known to man. What is it (and I'm looking to you here, LK :wink: ) ?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 am

Dujon wrote:
So, regardless of the etymology of the so-called word, I give you semidetached. In my world something is attached or it isn't. I will not be building my next nest out of glass. :)
What word would you use to describe two houses joined together Dujon? Just interested. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:20 am

Attached?
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:03 am

Dujon wrote:
ahh - but attached on one side - or attached on both? It makes a difference which side you put your teenage son with a drumkit in!*

(* the attached side of course)

semi-detached - perfectly fine! Stucco/brownstone/duplex?? - bag of wank!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 am

officer_dibble wrote:
thebish wrote:

didn't pear cider used to be called "perry" - and wasn't babycham a perry - and wasn't that a girl's drink?

my missus drinks pear cider - the best (she says - I wouldn't drink it cos it tastes like sweetened horse-wee) is sold in IKEA - kopparberg (I should stress that IKEA is only 15mins away on my bike - so it is easy to pop in and buy her a few cans and stack up brownie points! - she's also partial to their salted liquorice)
cider ok, flat packs a no-go?
there's a very good reason I go on my bike... cider and liquorice in the top-box is feasible.... flat-packs on the other hand, would need a car!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Attached?
Fair enough. I spent my childhood in an attached house. It was attached to thirteen other in a row of terraced ones. :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Oh yes. I'm just refuting Bruno's point that there's no such thing as a lamentable 45p hotdog.

That sauce that they put on the meatballs is the nicest stuff known to man. What is it (and I'm looking to you here, LK :wink: ) ?
Judging by the shelf life and addictiveness of some of their products, probably sodium cyanide, phenol barbitol, heroine, drain cleaner...

My mum often buys that sh*t and then gives it the "eee love, do you reckon you could cook something like the stuff at IKEA". No mum, sadly not.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:26 am

Cheers Bruce, glad to know of another believer in the miracle of IKEA meatballs.

I love the Gravelax (sp?) too, wonderful stuff.
Was right all along

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: I really hope that post is tongue in cheek.
Children just grow up imitating what they see around them. In a way, the younger generation are right to blame the one before them, just as the next one will blame them. If the youth want things to improve, it's in their own hands. Not sure tattooed women walking about half naked is a benchmark. Or schoolkids looking like Worzel Gummidge, or people trailing around with their shirt tails hanging out, wearing ripped clothes and with their pants hanging off their asses and frayed turnups trailing in the rainwater and dirt, and making drinking a culture is exactly the way to go, but, hey-ho, carry on regardless. You got the ball, you play it. :mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:37 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Children just grow up imitating what they see around them. In a way, the younger generation are right to blame the one before them, just as the next one will blame them. If the youth want things to improve, it's in their own hands. Not sure tattooed women walking about half naked is a benchmark. Or schoolkids looking like Worzel Gummidge, or people trailing around with their shirt tails hanging out, wearing ripped clothes and with their pants hanging off their asses and frayed turnups trailing in the rainwater and dirt, and making drinking a culture is exactly the way to go, but, hey-ho, carry on regardless. You got the ball, you play it. :mrgreen:
I was more referring to Hobohs apparent loathing of people who gain a full education!

But as for everything else you mention, fashion trends come and go. I mean, flares? Christ! But don't think thats a big issue.

As for drinking culture, surely thats down to the "working man down the pub culture" that still existed 20-30 years ago? Binge drinking has always existed though, it was just seen as more "acceptable" when middle aged pit workers were drinking themselves into an early grave every night, than now when it is seen as the young and upwardly mobile doing it!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:41 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: As for drinking culture, surely thats down to the "working man down the pub culture" that still existed 20-30 years ago? Binge drinking has always existed though, it was just seen as more "acceptable" when middle aged pit workers were drinking themselves into an early grave every night, than now when it is seen as the young and upwardly mobile doing it!
Think again. A few pints and a game of cards, darts or dominoes where about what most could afford. Blame the hippies for the rest. :mrgreen:

Hoboh hates everything anyway. :wink:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:45 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
That was me through PRIMARY school! :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"