Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by danhorwich » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:15 pm

£650,000 that is redicoulas, that is like at least 10 terrace houses in Bolton. This is a crazy world.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 pm

danhorwich wrote:£650,000 that is redicoulas, that is like at least 10 terrace houses in Bolton. This is a crazy world.
Not many terraced houses have six bedrooms, Dan, not to mention Gooner Girls just around the corner. It all location, location, location...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:56 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
danhorwich wrote:£650,000 that is redicoulas, that is like at least 10 terrace houses in Bolton. This is a crazy world.
Not many terraced houses have six bedrooms, Dan, not to mention Gooner Girls just around the corner. It all location, location, location...
:D I like you Monty!

Yes, it costs tons to live next to me. 8) Sadly I don't live in a 6 bedroom detached. Just a small 3 bed end of terrace on the outskirts of the village. Not so posh.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:It may not be in the South East but I'd rate where my & Hopeful's place is against anywhere.
Not being in the South East is a disadvantage? :conf: Having lived in the South East, I can assure you that living almost anywhere else is a distinct improvement. Even Wales.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
AND our local secondary school that I, Mr GG went to and that the twins will likely end up at, has a FARM. How cool is that? Whilst others were sitting in stuffy classrooms I got to chase sheep round fields, milk cows and watch pigs farrow 8)

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:02 am

Your end terrace will be 'posh' when you finally get around to 'toothbrushing' that paint off the bricks, GG. :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:27 am

Another bollocks sentence for someone convicted of causing death by dangerous driving.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-26085400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:Another bollocks sentence for someone convicted of causing death by dangerous driving.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-26085400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sooo your moving closer to the hang 'um, flog 'um, shoot 'um, camp?

Welcome :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Ha not on your Nelly. I'm still a wet liberal I just think the sentencing on non-murder homicide cases is often far, far too lenient.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:Ha not on your Nelly. I'm still a wet liberal I just think the sentencing on non-murder homicide cases is often far, far too lenient.
Agreed, it angers me that people think their phone conversations whilst driving are more important than other peoples safety. Same with drink drivers.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Ha not on your Nelly. I'm still a wet liberal I just think the sentencing on non-murder homicide cases is often far, far too lenient.
Agreed, it angers me that people think their phone conversations whilst driving are more important than other peoples safety. Same with drink drivers.
It does me too you know!
Until people realise there are very serious consequences for their actions and they do have a responsibility for others, this type of thing will continue

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
It does me too you know!
Until people realise there are very serious consequences for their actions and they do have a responsibility for others, this type of thing will continue
Fortunately the prevalence of this kind of idiocy is pretty low compared to many other countries. To drive past someone and see that they aren't on a call/texting/reading a book/steering with their knee/letting the 3 year old steer is a jaw dropping moment in this part of the world. They're usually doing at least one of the above whilst 3 inches from another car doing 120mph. It makes you realise how civilised the UK really is.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:21 pm

Prufrock wrote:Another bollocks sentence for someone convicted of causing death by dangerous driving.

Of course the four-year driving ban can prove more severe for a professional driver than a year in jail. It looks like a plea bargain (the charge was reduced from dangerous driving to careless driving) so the circumstances did not likely come out. The article doesn't say whether the cyclist was wearing a helmet or cycling appropriately. In the city here cyclists are a bigger menace to pedestrians than cars are. Still, hang him if you want....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Fortunately the prevalence of this kind of idiocy is pretty low compared to many other countries. To drive past someone and see that they aren't on a call/texting/reading a book/steering with their knee/letting the 3 year old steer is a jaw dropping moment in this part of the world. They're usually doing at least one of the above whilst 3 inches from another car doing 120mph. It makes you realise how civilised the UK really is.
Weirdest for me was actually seeing a woman driver putting eye makeup on in a vehicle line on Salford Crescent. Another good example of a nutter was the woman who rammed into the back of a company car I was driving on John Dalton Street in Manchester in the rush hour. She came out of her car like a screaming banshee and "demanded" (with some choice language) that I explain why I had "stopped like that". "Because everybody else did Mrs, all except you of course, you just ploughed into the back of me because you were too close and not watching what you were doing!" I took her number and left it to the insurance company to sort out. She was still screaming abuse when I drove off. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Of course the four-year driving ban can prove more severe for a professional driver than a year in jail. It looks like a plea bargain (the charge was reduced from dangerous driving to careless driving) so the circumstances did not likely come out. The article doesn't say whether the cyclist was wearing a helmet or cycling appropriately. In the city here cyclists are a bigger menace to pedestrians than cars are. Still, hang him if you want....
What chance do you think he'd have of still being a professional driver after a year in jail for causing death by dangerous driving?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

WOW :shock:

I'm not Mr Cyclists bestest buddy either, but WOW :(

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

What chance do you think he'd have of still being a professional driver after a year in jail for causing death by dangerous driving?
Probably not good - that's what I meant. His career is likely ruined so he did not get off that lightly.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I don't know about the UK, Hoboh, but here pedestrians and drivers by and large try to follow the rules or the road. Cyclists flout them. 90% never stop at stop signs and will happily go the wrong way down one-way streets. Half or more don't wear helmets. They often use the sidewalk. There are frequent collisions with pedestrians - these result in injuries and occasionally death.

I think cycling is healthy and generally a good thing - but cyclists need educating in downtown Montreal.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Probably not good - that's what I meant. His career is likely ruined so he did not get off that lightly.
Sorry Monty, he should have got 5 years behind bars, a 10-year ban and I am being lenient there.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I don't know about the UK, Hoboh, but here pedestrians and drivers by and large try to follow the rules or the road. Cyclists flout them. 90% never stop at stop signs and will happily go the wrong way down one-way streets. Half or more don't wear helmets. They often use the sidewalk. There are frequent collisions with pedestrians - these result in injuries and occasionally death.

I think cycling is healthy and generally a good thing - but cyclists need educating in downtown Montreal.
There’s a lot of that over here, tbh it seems like some of them get their head down and expect others to 'look out for them'. Cracking open the throttle with a loud can on while just behind them concentrates the mind a touch :mrgreen: but hell you just cannot kill 'um!