Ask Mar

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Mar wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Mar is gay? :shock:
I think he was on about Harry. But just to answer youre question, nope, i'm too homophobic to be gay.
Which makes me want to ask the following questions:

Can a gay man be homophobic? And is there such a thing as hetrophobic?

CH, course a gay man can be homophobic. We've all heard of those denial stories on Gerry Springer and stuff. Just comes down to which sex you find attractive. Must be a mental thing if a gay man is homophobic (American Beauty the film is a good example of the gay man being homophobic thing).

As for Hetrophobic, i'd reckon so, but then they'd be scared of opposite sex relationships which would be another mental conditioning thing. Which might be a good reason for all those really really camp annoying people that hang around with a lot of females but never end up pulling.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:17 pm

Mar wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: Thank you Sir. Now perhaps you could help me with this one. What was the best thing before sliced bread? :conf:
The entire loaf. Especially in times when there was a severe shortage of bread and people had to settle for bread bits.
Thank you again Sir, your knowledge and insight are a credit to you. However, I doubt even one as erudite as yourself could provide an adequate answer to this.

Why is a friendly match between England and Argentina actually being played in, of all places, Geneva?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: Thank you again Sir, your knowledge and insight are a credit to you. However, I doubt even one as erudite as yourself could provide an adequate answer to this.

Why is a friendly match between England and Argentina actually being played in, of all places, Geneva?
Because it is the headquarters of the International Red Cross?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Tricky Trevor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mar wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: Thank you Sir. Now perhaps you could help me with this one. What was the best thing before sliced bread? :conf:
The entire loaf. Especially in times when there was a severe shortage of bread and people had to settle for bread bits.
Thank you again Sir, your knowledge and insight are a credit to you. However, I doubt even one as erudite as yourself could provide an adequate answer to this.

I heard it was a dry run for Euro 2008 when Austria & Switzerland will be joint hosts. It will allow them to test their security and other measures. Not that the Argies will be around for the real thing of course.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:35 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote: Not that the Argies will be around for the real thing of course.
Cheers Trev, though I wouldn't have thought that there'd be many Argies around this afternoon either! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:38 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mar wrote:

I heard it was a dry run for Euro 2008 when Austria & Switzerland will be joint hosts. It will allow them to test their security and other measures. Not that the Argies will be around for the real thing of course.
I guess also from the Argentian team perspective it would also be some form of a dry run for the World Cup to be held in neighbouring Germany starting 9th June, next summer.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:23 pm

sluffy wrote:

I heard it was a dry run for Euro 2008 when Austria & Switzerland will be joint hosts. It will allow them to test their security and other measures. Not that the Argies will be around for the real thing of course.[/quote]

I guess also from the Argentian team perspective it would also be some form of a dry run for the World Cup to be held in neighbouring Germany starting 9th June, next summer.[/quote]

It was meant to be an argentine home game but they figured most of their players play in europe - so found geneva willing for the above reasons

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:32 pm

Most of the Argentinian Contingent all play in Europe (as do the whole England squad), with only about three players only coming from South America. Therefore, it was felt that, rather than fly a 30 odd of the most expensive footballers in the World all the way to Argentina it would be better to play in a neutral location. I think quite a few of the Clubs may have argued this point.
Smarties have answers.....

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mar wrote:

Bruce, England vs. Argentina wanted a nice game where they wouldn't get kicked out of the competition for fighting, crowd trouble, etc. Where better to host it than one of the most neutral places on the planet.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm

I'd say you were right, Bench.

Australia plays many of its friendly matches in Europe (or the U.K. if you want to be parochial) rather than the team and their opposition lugging themselves down here - which is not only tiring but also expensive. The reason is, as you point out, that most of the players compete either on the Continent or the Sceptred Isle.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:01 pm

Dujon wrote:I'd say you were right, Bench.
Australia plays many of its friendly matches in Europe (or the U.K. if you want to be parochial) rather than the team and their opposition lugging themselves down here - which is not only tiring but also expensive. The reason is, as you point out, that most of the players compete either on the Continent or the Sceptred Isle.
As if there was ever any doubt? :wink:

Mar knows nowt.......:smooth:
Smarties have answers.....

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:23 pm

Yer, got a bit serious din' I. :oops:

Sorry, Mar.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:22 am

Dujon wrote:Yer, got a bit serious din' I. :oops:

Sorry, Mar.
Lol, not a problem. I don't mind a difference in opinion but Bench's explanation explains the reasoning behind playing it on English or Argentinian soil rather than why its actually being played in Geneva. But in case you're wondering, it was still a better explanation than mine. Damm you bench!

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:51 am

Perhaps the thread should be re-titled 'Ask Mar feat. Bench'. You know as in the radio mix stylie :p
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:44 am

Mar, I think I'm about to reach the end of my tether.... But what is my tether???????

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:59 am

Gertie wrote:Mar, I think I'm about to reach the end of my tether.... But what is my tether???????
At The End of My Tether means I am at the very limit of my patience and self-control. In the middle ages a grazing animal would often be tethered to a post, ensuring it didn't stray beyond a certain small area. But once the animal arrived at the limit of its tether, unable to quite reach pastures new, it would become frustrated, irritable and sometimes traumatised to the point of despair. Sound familiar?

power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:22 am

There is only one Mar, stop trying to take over his glorious work!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:43 am

keveh wrote:There is only one Mar, stop trying to take over his glorious work!
assist - not take over
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:55 am

two people answering two questions in a row.....

:P

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:50 am

keveh wrote:two people answering two questions in a row.....

:P
Looks remarkably like Borgetti's agent having a word with Big Sam :P
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?