Saw My First World Record -Velodrome

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Saw My First World Record -Velodrome

Post by fatshaft » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 am

My first ever trip to watch a track cycling event, and came away highly impressed. Obviously helps that we have the best track cyclists in the world at the moment, so that atmosphere when a Brit was doing theior stuff was incredible.

However two highlights, Mens team pursuit final and with the Brits rapidly catching the Spaniards, announcer tells us they will be allowed to go the distance as they are on World Record pace. As they catch the Spaniards with 1km to go on a bend, the Spaniards start to go high to let the Brits keep the line, but our boys go high too round the outside, still the chase is on, but fall less than a second short for second best time ever. Excitement tempered with what a bummer, and probably caused by that unintentional baulking.

Day over we think, but then comes the girls pursuit, and another blistering race sees them on pace again, and sure enough they blast their way to a new world's best, first and no doubt last time I will see a world record; but if anyone ever gets the chance, pop down to the velo when a big meet is on, great day out.

Other things worth mentioning, you would be unable to stand on the bends they are that steep, drink beer in the stands while watching the racing - always a boost, and Jill Douglas, much hotter in person, she'd get it all night :drink: