Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:23 am

Made my annual nephew's birthday trip on Fri eve to watch the BFG at the Octagon. He's 9 now and this was perfect for his age and his favourite of the 4 he's seen. It's a great story anyway, which I loved as a kid, but was done brilliantly with puppetry, music, sound effects and very clever use of a split-level set. Sophie and the BFG were played superbly by a newcomer called Macy Newman and John Seaward who appeared in the Inbetweeners.
I'd recommend it to anyone with kids aged 8+, or younger if they don't scare easily. Or to adults of my age (40) who read the books and loved them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:39 am

Not tonight, but in July 2016. One of my mates has hatched a plan for my 50th. Hire St Greg's in Farny and turn it back into The Phoenix Club for the night. I think so. Leverend - you're on as Jerry the Berry. BP - Clinton Baptiste, Enfield - Kenny Junior (The tiger)........ :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Not tonight, but in July 2016. One of my mates has hatched a plan for my 50th. Hire St Greg's in Farny and turn it back into The Phoenix Club for the night. I think so. Leverend - you're on as Jerry the Berry. BP - Clinton Baptiste, Enfield - Kenny Junior (The tiger)........ :D
Yep. That should see me getting a good kicking!! :lol:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:35 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Made my annual nephew's birthday trip on Fri eve to watch the BFG at the Octagon. He's 9 now and this was perfect for his age and his favourite of the 4 he's seen. It's a great story anyway, which I loved as a kid, but was done brilliantly with puppetry, music, sound effects and very clever use of a split-level set. Sophie and the BFG were played superbly by a newcomer called Macy Newman and John Seaward who appeared in the Inbetweeners.
I'd recommend it to anyone with kids aged 8+, or younger if they don't scare easily. Or to adults of my age (40) who read the books and loved them.
what are the other 3?

we are currently ploughing through the Roald Dahl books too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:52 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Made my annual nephew's birthday trip on Fri eve to watch the BFG at the Octagon. He's 9 now and this was perfect for his age and his favourite of the 4 he's seen. It's a great story anyway, which I loved as a kid, but was done brilliantly with puppetry, music, sound effects and very clever use of a split-level set. Sophie and the BFG were played superbly by a newcomer called Macy Newman and John Seaward who appeared in the Inbetweeners.
what are the other 3?

we are currently ploughing through the Roald Dahl books too.
Last year Alice in Wonderland
2013 Robin hood
2012 Peter Pan

All very good. Not sure what's on next year but they usually announce it a year in advance. They've got the Secret Garden on in summer too.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:58 pm

You can get in the fecking sea with your BFG and whatnot - I have to wait until the end of Jan before they put owt decent on. Then again, it's another Cartwright, and the last 'world premier' was dreadful.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:You can get in the fecking sea with your BFG and whatnot - I have to wait until the end of Jan before they put owt decent on. Then again, it's another Cartwright, and the last 'world premier' was dreadful.
The one after that is a sequel to the Cartwright one!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Not tonight, but in July 2016. One of my mates has hatched a plan for my 50th. Hire St Greg's in Farny and turn it back into The Phoenix Club for the night. I think so. Leverend - you're on as Jerry the Berry. BP - Clinton Baptiste, Enfield - Kenny Junior (The tiger)........ :D

Sounds hilarious. What's the date?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Sounds hilarious. What's the date?
Probably Saturday 30th Jul. Any chance of you being around?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Going to see Dick Whittington at the Whites Hotel on the 19th Dec! Had no idea they had a 1000 seat theatre in there but looking forward to it! Has anyone been before?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Hired that place 2 years ago for my Mums 70th! 'Twas a good night. :pissed: :pissed:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Just been notified that on the 10th March, Turin Brakes are playing The Ruby Lounge in Manny. I have no idea where the venue is! :?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just been notified that on the 10th March, Turin Brakes are playing The Ruby Lounge in Manny. I have no idea where the venue is! :?
Head past right hand side of Arndale towards Piccadilly from Deansgate...turn off (left) at Debenhams down High St...it's not far down on the right hand side...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Just been notified that on the 10th March, Turin Brakes are playing The Ruby Lounge in Manny. I have no idea where the venue is! :?
Head past right hand side of Arndale towards Piccadilly from Deansgate...turn off (left) at Debenhams down High St...it's not far down on the right hand side...
Nice one. Cheers, Worthy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Nice one. Cheers, Worthy.
My daughter has sung there :-) If you're training it in to Victoria head up the other side of the Arndale between Arndale and Printworks I think...and you then get to High St on you're right.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:42 pm

The Bronx tonight at Ruby Lounge!

Heck yes!!!! :pray:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:38 am

Going watching Simply Red tonight at the Manchester Arena. After the week I have had, and not going into detail, I am looking to just listening to his great voice :)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:48 am

twilight wrote:Going watching Simply Red tonight at the Manchester Arena. After the week I have had, and not going into detail, I am looking to just listening to his great voice :)
Enjoy it & relax for a while. Well deserved.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:Going watching Simply Red tonight at the Manchester Arena. After the week I have had, and not going into detail, I am looking to just listening to his great voice :)
Enjoy it & relax for a while. Well deserved.
Many thanks Bobo, I know you understand

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Not tonight, yesterday afternoon. Went to the central library and had a wander around the art gallery and museum sections. The Bolton town permanet exhibition is interesting and well presented. In addition to a decent local history of the town, Nat's 1958 F.A.Cup winners shirt and the matchball are on display with some more Wanderers memorabilia, Lion of Vienna trophy etc. Well worth a look if you haven't been in there lately.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?