Where are you going tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Where are you going tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Not tonight, yesterday afternoon. Went to the central library and had a wander around the art gallery and museum sections. The Bolton town permanet exhibition is interesting and well presented. In addition to a decent local history of the town, Nat's 1958 F.A.Cup winners shirt and the matchball are on display with some more Wanderers memorabilia, Lion of Vienna trophy etc. Well worth a look if you haven't been in there lately.
I keep meaning to Tango. I'll take my nephew. I used to love the aquarium as a kid, largely because my Grandad worked there before he retired. I hink he enjoyed it more than his previous job at Walker's Tannery.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:34 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Not tonight, yesterday afternoon. Went to the central library and had a wander around the art gallery and museum sections. The Bolton town permanet exhibition is interesting and well presented. In addition to a decent local history of the town, Nat's 1958 F.A.Cup winners shirt and the matchball are on display with some more Wanderers memorabilia, Lion of Vienna trophy etc. Well worth a look if you haven't been in there lately.
I keep meaning to Tango. I'll take my nephew. I used to love the aquarium as a kid, largely because my Grandad worked there before he retired. I hink he enjoyed it more than his previous job at Walker's Tannery.
You'll probably find the layout all changed L.E. It looks much reduced but it's only because they've re-arranged the big areas into smaller sections (or at least it appears so.) You just have to look for things and wander around. I almost didn't realise the animals and birds etc are right on the top deck. There's also a smaller section of these on the first floor. I just wish they'd change the art exhibition around a bit more regularly. We own some fine paintings including a Turner and Thomas Rowlandson (better known for his Regency cartoons) The aquarium (can't stand the place, never did like fish) is still down in the basement.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:14 pm

LeverEnd wrote: I used to love the aquarium as a kid.
Me too. Used to spend most of my time trying to antagonise the piranhas though. In fact, the last time I went down there I still couldn't resist a wee tap on the glass. Old habits and that. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:52 am

Fish botherer! :fishing: :fishing: :roll:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:38 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Fish botherer! :fishing: :fishing: :roll:

Piranha pest! :lol: :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:14 am

Just back from the Plymouth Pavilions having been to see the massively talented and hugely entertaining Seth Lakeman...

I actually went cos a local trio of very sweet and lovely girls were one of his support acts (and also acted as his backing singers) and I have followed them since I booked them as part of the Dartmouth Music festival 3 years ago...

they're better on a smaller stage - but they're lovely! :D Wildwood kin...

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:05 am

Well.....I'm going to watch a pantomime at the Macron today.....and Bolton are playing at the Macron today......maybe it's one and the same???? :?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Twilight! Was the panto any good? Am considering taking granddaughter in next few days! Thanks a lot,a review would be very much appreciated!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:00 am

Playing a sold-out gig upstairs at Fuel in Withington tonight.
Cover set:
Dio.
Sabbath.
Priest.
Metallica
& BAD NEWS.

:oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:39 am

Off to the Lakes in 20 minutes. Our hotel owner was kind enough to delay our booking for 24hrs in view of Frank yesterday, so we'll be seeing the new year in after an Italian meal and with a firework display over Windermere.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:52 am

clapton is god wrote:Off to the Lakes in 20 minutes. Our hotel owner was kind enough to delay our booking for 24hrs in view of Frank yesterday, so we'll be seeing the new year in after an Italian meal and with a firework display over Windermere.
Sounds wonderful, Chap. This Italian - Villa Positano by any chance? I had a delightful seafood mixed grill when I was up there in March.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
clapton is god wrote:Off to the Lakes in 20 minutes. Our hotel owner was kind enough to delay our booking for 24hrs in view of Frank yesterday, so we'll be seeing the new year in after an Italian meal and with a firework display over Windermere.
Sounds wonderful, Chap. This Italian - Villa Positano by any chance? I had a delightful seafood mixed grill when I was up there in March.
It was wonderful!

No, it wasn't Villa Positano, it was Riva on the main drag down into town. Considering it was New Years Eve and the place was bouncing they looked after us very well and the food was really good. We walked down to the water at 11.45pm and were followed by thousands of others until the space round the booking kiosk was shoulder to shoulder. Goodness knows where they all came from but it was like being stood on Burnden terrace back in the day! There then followed an excellent firework display from about four hotels surrounding the immediate area, all competing with each other. It was just great and the really good humoured crowd made this by far the best NYE I've enjoyed for many years.

We also ate at Bodega whilst there and another arty farty place that was big on portions but not so great on content. Bodega was great though, best tapas I've ever had, I think, and not a bad dish in their 'Banquette' selection, which just kept coming and coming.

Otherwise it was a three day binge that I thought was beyond me these days. Much time was spent in The Hole in T'Wall amongst others.

Day recovering today.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:33 pm

Not tonight, but just bought tickets to watch Reeves & Mortimer live at the beginning of February :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Beefheart wrote:Not tonight, but just bought tickets to watch Reeves & Mortimer live at the beginning of February :D

is mortimer better? I have a vague memory they had to cancel some shows recently cos of his ill health?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Beefheart wrote:Not tonight, but just bought tickets to watch Reeves & Mortimer live at the beginning of February :D
I'd rather have some 4ucker try stick a cannon up my arse. I did once meet Jim Moir who attempted to be funny in the "Hey, I'm funny - dead witty department" , but who was so unsuccessful I'd actually rather have had someone ram a cannon up my arse,

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'd rather have some 4ucker try stick a cannon up my arse.
there's no accounting for taste! I presume you don't mean the one out of cannon & Ball!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:08 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'd rather have some 4ucker try stick a cannon up my arse.
there's no accounting for taste! I presume you don't mean the one out of cannon & Ball!
Perhaps he means a member of the clergy.......... :conf:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'd rather have some 4ucker try stick a cannon up my arse. I did once meet Jim Moir who attempted to be funny in the "Hey, I'm funny - dead witty department" , but who was so unsuccessful I'd actually rather have had someone ram a cannon up my arse,
Each to their own. They're better than the Pythons as far as I'm concerned. Certifiable comedy geniuses. I get that people don't like them though!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:51 am

Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Each to their own. They're better than the Pythons as far as I'm concerned. Certifiable comedy geniuses. I get that people don't like them though!
They rank alongside the Pythons, for me. As a kid I hated Michael Bentine's Pottytime and realised that I'd absolutely nothing in common with the kids that did. I cringe at anything that's put forward as being 'Whacky'. What was that nice person called with the beard? Kenny Everett, that was him. Dreadful.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:59 am

It's not wacky, it's just daft.