So what has everyone asked Santa for this year?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:01 pm

11 grand for a fooking small clock? World's mad.

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Even if I won the lottery I wouldn't spend that on a blooming watch.
Buster League Champion!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Forget the Airfix ship, Christmas just came early. Wife went mad and bought me this wooden model of Captain Cook's ship, The Endevour. It's about three feet long and the same high and might take me a long time to make. She won't let me near it till Christmas, but I'm well chuffed. :D

Last edited by TANGODANCER on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Forget the Airfix ship, Christmas just came early. Wife went mad and bought me this wooden model of Captain Cook's ship, The Endevour. It's about three feet long and the same high and might take me a long time to make. She won't let me near it till Christmas, but I'm well chuffed. :D

once knew a bloke who made a ship like that from a part-work magazine.. it sold him a tiny part every month for about 43 years stuck to a magazine with full glossy info about the ship. I think it cost him about £5,763 in total - and his marriage... :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 pm

I need a new mobile. Back when I was 13 or 14 I'd know exactly which Nokisung 8,734.67 KIGRP Razr fne yyHH!! would be the best, but not anymore. It has to be pay as you go, I cannot be trusted with a contract, and not ludicrously expenisve. When my last vaguely posh phone got nicked I went for this nice simple £30 jobby Image

It rings and it texts, but you get what you pay for and it often decides my sim card is absent, or that it cannot get signal, or that is has forgotten all my messages, so I'd like something a bit snazzier and more reliable. I'd also prefer not to have that touchscreen nonsense, though I could be persuaded. Any ideas??
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:I need a new mobile. Back when I was 13 or 14 I'd know exactly which Nokisung 8,734.67 KIGRP Razr fne yyHH!! would be the best, but not anymore. It has to be pay as you go, I cannot be trusted with a contract, and not ludicrously expenisve. When my last vaguely posh phone got nicked I went for this nice simple £30 jobby Image

It rings and it texts, but you get what you pay for and it often decides my sim card is absent, or that it cannot get signal, or that is has forgotten all my messages, so I'd like something a bit snazzier and more reliable. I'd also prefer not to have that touchscreen nonsense, though I could be persuaded. Any ideas??
these are the dog's bollox...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Forget the Airfix ship, Christmas just came early. Wife went mad and bought me this wooden model of Captain Cook's ship, The Endevour. It's about three feet long and the same high and might take me a long time to make. She won't let me near it till Christmas, but I'm well chuffed. :D

once knew a bloke who made a ship like that from a part-work magazine.. it sold him a tiny part every month for about 43 years stuck to a magazine with full glossy info about the ship. I think it cost him about £5,763 in total - and his marriage... :wink:
Oh, I've got all the parts, (and there's a frigging lot of them) but it comes totally as a flat kit. It was quite expensive and, the brief look she let me have of it) I didn't see any glue or paint or varnish included. I'll proably need a course in boat-building before I even start it. Looking forward to the challenge though.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 pm

You won't be able to sail it near Belmont Tango, looks like somebodies drained the yacht club.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:You won't be able to sail it near Belmont Tango, looks like somebodies drained the yacht club.
Fear not. It won't be sailing off the sideboard (at least till the wife gets fed up of seeing it) :mrgreen:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:You won't be able to sail it near Belmont Tango, looks like somebodies drained the yacht club.
Fear not. It won't be sailing off the sideboard (at least till the wife gets fed up of seeing it) :mrgreen:
c'mon tango - you'd HAVE to fit an engine and some real canons, take it down to the model boat lake and bomb the other R/C boats to buggery...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:06 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
c'mon tango - you'd HAVE to fit an engine and some real canons, take it down to the model boat lake and bomb the other R/C boats to buggery...
There's a joke there somewhere. :wink:

Reminds me of a bloke who used to live next door to me. A right character. He made a life size canon, had it cast and decided it just had to be fired. Somehow, he got himself arrested for bringing half the quarry wall down up Belmont or somewhere. :D

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Nine big bouncy curvaceous alabaster points will do me nicely.

Or 3 wins.

Thankyou Santa.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:45 pm

You lucky sod, I would like one of those but HMS Victory, Temeraire or any other boat at Trafalgar - of course not the French or Spanish ship cos they would just be bits of wood :).

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Raven wrote:You lucky sod, I would like one of those but HMS Victory, Temeraire or any other boat at Trafalgar - of course not the French or Spanish ship cos they would just be bits of wood :).
Yes, but you can play with them in the bath straight out of the box. Watch them sink to the bottom.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Raven wrote:

You lucky sod, I would like one of those but HMS Victory, Temeraire or any other boat at Trafalgar - of course not the French or Spanish ship cos they would just be bits of wood :).
The Victory model in this range is about £550. ( don't panic, mine was nowhere near that) It would have been my first choice as I'd picked up the Airfix version before the wife waved her wand. You might have a glance at the Artisania Latina website. ( Google it) They have some crackers.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 pm

tony cunninghams willy wrote:http://www.iluxurywatches.com/lv-louis- ... -1433.html

I can dream. This is a replica, the genuine one costs £11k.
now that's tidy

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Not really got a big present I want this year, so I've just asked for some jeans, dvds, books, that sort of thing. I'll be happy with a few days off work and getting to see my folks, siblings, nan and nephew, and be well fed and looked after for a few days :)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:54 pm

blurred wrote:Not really got a big present I want this year, so I've just asked for some jeans, dvds, books, that sort of thing. I'll be happy with a few days off work and getting to see my folks, siblings, nan and nephew, and be well fed and looked after for a few days :)
Not to mentioned fooking plastered!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
No the Swans and Ducks :mrgreen:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:36 pm

boltonboris wrote:
blurred wrote:Not really got a big present I want this year, so I've just asked for some jeans, dvds, books, that sort of thing. I'll be happy with a few days off work and getting to see my folks, siblings, nan and nephew, and be well fed and looked after for a few days :)
Not to mentioned fooking plastered!!
I think that comes under 'being well looked after' ;)