iPhone Apps

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed May 19, 2010 9:40 am

as wrote:
No, mate.

Although I met you outside the stadium in Belgrade, so the phone doesn't surprise me :wink:
:?

Now you've got me racking my brains thinking who you could have been.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:43 pm

anyone stuck with their clunky old 3g, have you updated your iphone to 4.0 software yet? check it out, you get all the stuff from the new iphone...app grouping into folders, logs where your photos were taken and puts a pin on your map, a zoom on your camera aswell (which is rubbish tbf) collates your emails into threads, iBooks "where you can store more books than could ever read in a lifetime" (wtf is the point in that!?) etc etc...

http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

pretty god for nowt! i have only 2 pages now, my front page with all my everyday apps, then the second is a series of folder containing all the others! quality

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:01 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:anyone stuck with their clunky old 3g, have you updated your iphone to 4.0 software yet?
Ah. thanks for the reminder. On with it now.
May the bridges I burn light your way

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:10 pm

3GS gets all the iPhone 4 updates, 3G doesn't get the customisable wallpapers or multi-tasking.

Still a good iOS update though.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:10 am

I've found that OS4 has slowed down my 3g. It's nothing really but after being instant it's quite annoying to have to wait a couple of seconds to open the SMS app and then another second every time you open each conversation, then when you go to type etc.

It's also slowed up the connection with my iPod compatible stereo, so it's now crap to browse on it as it doesn't load the artist/album/song names instantly as it did before.

Quite google shows I'm not alone, going to try going back to OS3.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:26 pm

gays
Troll and proud of it.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:28 pm

as wrote:gays
takes one to know one.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:44 pm

The Official Bolton app is now out. Absolute rip off. £2.39 for what is basically the website watered down, and to access any of the videos you have to subscribe.

I think it's a joke they think they can charge that. The amount of video content on the NBA, MLS and NHL websites for free (including highlights of everything, proper 6 min highlight of every game) compared with the Premier League is a joke.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Athers wrote:I've found that OS4 has slowed down my 3g. It's nothing really but after being instant it's quite annoying to have to wait a couple of seconds to open the SMS app and then another second every time you open each conversation, then when you go to type etc.

It's also slowed up the connection with my iPod compatible stereo, so it's now crap to browse on it as it doesn't load the artist/album/song names instantly as it did before.

Quite google shows I'm not alone, going to try going back to OS3.
It went unusable so I did manage to get the software back to 3.1.3
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tell ben im him
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tell ben im him » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Anyone selling a iPhone 3g or 3gs must be in good condition let me know thanks
am i right or am i right?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Tell you what, as hangs around this thread a lot...

Hipstamatic is a nice camera app with some pleasing filters, although it does take longer than the onboard option.

Amazon/eBay/Skype as per the tin, useful to have.

Music listening: Last.fm, Spotify, although to be honest i just use the iPod feature :wink:

Music playing: L&M Guitar, GuitarChords, ChordPlayLE, Drum Kit Lite

Travel: Tube Boards, TubeMap

Artyish: Meritum Point, TrippinFest2 Lite, LEGO Photo

Games: Labyrinth, UnblockMe

Debo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Debo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:26 am

Had an iphone for a week now, the best apps I've found so far (all free)

Shopping: RedLaser/Pic to shop - Lets you scan the barcode of anything in a shop and looks up the cheapest price on the internet

Business: Camcard - allows you to take pictures of business cards and files them so you can look them up on the iphone

Footie: JustinTV - Allows you to strem footie matches to your phone
Sky Sports Score Centre - pretty obvious what this one does

Golf: Swingreader - allows you to take a video of your swing and apply analysis tools to it
GolfGPS - Free GPS for on the course

Games: Stick Golf, Flick Football (costs 59p but as addictive as hell)

Others: Lockbox - Store all your passwords in one location

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Debo wrote:Had an iphone for a week now, the best apps I've found so far (all free)

Shopping: RedLaser/Pic to shop - Lets you scan the barcode of anything in a shop and looks up the cheapest price on the internet

Business: Camcard - allows you to take pictures of business cards and files them so you can look them up on the iphone

Footie: JustinTV - Allows you to strem footie matches to your phone
Sky Sports Score Centre - pretty obvious what this one does

Golf: Swingreader - allows you to take a video of your swing and apply analysis tools to it
GolfGPS - Free GPS for on the course

Games: Stick Golf, Flick Football (costs 59p but as addictive as hell)

Others: Lockbox - Store all your passwords in one location
For the footie, get livescore. Updated more quickly than the Sky Sports one and also has Live scores from all the World
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Can't wait to get a parrot drone meself...

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?&pPag ... _id=101780

A snip at £300...

The Masked Weasel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Masked Weasel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:32 pm

Got the i phone 4 today and after a few teething problems (nothing major, my house appears to be built out of lead and the 3g has difficulty getting through!) I really like it. The major downside seems to be the battery life. I have heard it is not great but wow, prob about 6/7 hrs with a bit af messing around here and a bit of flicking around there......... Has anybody else found this and is there anything I could try and turn off to improve the life?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Have a look a few pages back. Some tips there that worked for me.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:13 am

The Masked Weasel wrote:Got the i phone 4 today and after a few teething problems (nothing major, my house appears to be built out of lead and the 3g has difficulty getting through!) I really like it. The major downside seems to be the battery life. I have heard it is not great but wow, prob about 6/7 hrs with a bit af messing around here and a bit of flicking around there......... Has anybody else found this and is there anything I could try and turn off to improve the life?
LOL .

its not that , the antenna's shite. get that free cover.

or some tape .

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/20 ... ate_humor/

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 am

Anyone struggling with a 3G after updating to iOS4.0 needs to disable as much of the spotlight feature as you can put up with (the search function when you go "all the way left" of the home screen) via settings > general...etc.

You'll find your 3G is much better after that.