Truth at Last about Bloody Sunday

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

William the White
Legend
Legend

Truth at Last about Bloody Sunday

Post by William the White » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Just a long crawl of 38 years for the truth of Bloody Sunday to be admitted. It is shameful that it has taken this long, all those lying, dishonest, dissembling years. But, in this case, at least for some, truth doesn't hurt, it heals...

Good... Let the wounds be bandaged...

For the guilty... We'll see... Will there be even one prosecution? If not, why not?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:57 am

Imagine if Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams were ever visited by an attack of "the truth". I'm sure that the provisions of the Good Friday agreement would look after them. There's lots of people, on both sides of that divide, who should have been prosecuted Will.

If we are to move on I see no point in prosecutions for Bloody Sunday.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:15 am

I'm not convinced by the result just like the republicans, sorry IRA scum wern't last time, I demand yet another public enquiry at huge expense!
Mcterrorist and his mates were in the flats at the time, no doubt handing out leaflets, Irish - Liverpool fans! enquiry after enquiry. We should have gone over the border down south all those years after the scum runing the show and asasinated them.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Truth at Last about Bloody Sunday

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:49 am

William the White wrote: For the guilty... We'll see... Will there be even one prosecution? If not, why not?
Well, because the convicted murderers on the other side have been let out. Are we having closure here or not?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:13 am

The only truth this has uncovered is that Lawyers always win. 12 years and £181m? Absolute p*sstake.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:00 am

Lord Kangana wrote:The only truth this has uncovered is that Lawyers always win. 12 years and £181m? Absolute p*sstake.
Yep ... 12 years and 17x the projected cost. Only where public money was being expended would ... could, this happen.

It is clear that the Para's lost their heads and there was a collective cover up following that. However, if this is about reconciliation then these guys must be treated the same way as people who did much worse in a fully planned & thought through way.

The bombing in Hyde Park, the boming at the Enniskilin war memorial, the assasination and intimidation of anyone who ever co-operated with the Brit's. The Warrington, Harrods, Manchester bombs. The constant bombing of Belfast, Armagh, Derry. Attempts to assasinate the British Prime Minister (Brighton) and indeed the whole Cabinet (Downing Street mortar bombing). The list here does no justice whatsoever to the full scale of the atrocities.

These were not done in a heat of a moment, not done in panic, not done in an uncoordinated way. The people who planned and commited these acts are free to walk the streets and even be Politicians now.

You either have 'peace & reconciliation' for all or you don't have it at all.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote: For the guilty... We'll see... Will there be even one prosecution? If not, why not?
Well, because the convicted murderers on the other side have been let out. Are we having closure here or not?
Nail on head!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:52 pm

One lawyer earned over £4m for working on this enqury............and f**k all will happen about it anyway :roll:
Troll and proud of it.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Not if the lefties get their way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
You are forgetting, that the entire purpose of the state machine - be it police or army - is to lie to the masses about everything.

The non-State machine, will of course always tell the truth.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 pm

William the White wrote:Just a long crawl of 38 years for the truth of Bloody Sunday to be admitted. It is shameful that it has taken this long, all those lying, dishonest, dissembling years. But, in this case, at least for some, truth doesn't hurt, it heals...

Good... Let the wounds be bandaged...

For the guilty... We'll see... Will there be even one prosecution? If not, why not?
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth? Why not say we just don't know and leave it alone instead of pointless drum banging? Only real winners are the lawyers who've nicely lined their own pockets. Sorry WTW, but this thread is pretty pointless. Just my opinion. I won't be commenting further.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Because they'd been tried and imprisoned in the first place?

Unlike the soldiers who killed people unlawfully.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 pm

C'mon William, answer the question

Are we having closure and moving on are we going to keep looking back

I hated some of the concessions made under Major/Blair, but they were necessary

Fcuk me, we'll be apologising for slavery, next

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Because they'd been tried and imprisoned in the first place?

Unlike the soldiers who killed people unlawfully.
Sorry William but I'm struggling to see your point here. I don't see how one stacks up against the other in the way that I think you mean. Did the murderers let out of Maize not kill innocents? What will prosecuting the soldiers involved achieve? Prosecute them to then let them off too?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:29 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:C'mon William, answer the question

Closure is not an issue for us to determine - that's for the bereaved families.

My understanding is that some of them feel the vindication of their lost ones as innocent is enough, and now they can rest easy. Others, understandably, think they will find closure only when the people that killed their children/brothers/ relatives are prosecuted.

I'm surprised that strong proponents of law and order want to make an exception here. Why is that?

Any proposal that because i ask the question I'm therefore a defender of Republican terror is simply beneath contempt.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:37 pm

William the White wrote:Any proposal that because i ask the question I'm therefore a defender of Republican terror is simply beneath contempt.
Loyalists, Republicans, Soldiers and those with absolutely nowt to do with any of it have all lost love ones. In order for there to be progression then all involved need to understand that.
Who's suggesting that anyone's nailing any colours to masts here?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:44 pm

William the White wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:C'mon William, answer the question

Closure is not an issue for us to determine - that's for the bereaved families.

My understanding is that some of them feel the vindication of their lost ones as innocent is enough, and now they can rest easy. Others, understandably, think they will find closure only when the people that killed their children/brothers/ relatives are prosecuted.

I'm surprised that strong proponents of law and order want to make an exception here. Why is that?

Any proposal that because i ask the question I'm therefore a defender of Republican terror is simply beneath contempt.
Because I'm not convinced they'll get to the answer that's correct, so long after the event.

They may well get an answer that suits some.

Your original proclamation said something along the lines of "the truth at last" - is it? is it really?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Yep, I was being seriously over-sensitive. apologies.

I don't think 'closure' is something that can be imposed, though. It's something that only happens with consent. Would i like that to be the case - that the relatives of the dead agree that justice has now been served and they can let it be? Yes.

But while the perpetrators of this crime still deny it - over and over again, according to the report - closure is unlikely. It happened in South Africa using the procedure of a truth and reconciliation commission. One side of these horrible events are still not prepared to tell the truth. If they did, then it would be meaningful to ask for closure.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:25 pm

William the White wrote:Yep, I was being seriously over-sensitive. apologies.

I don't think 'closure' is something that can be imposed, though. It's something that only happens with consent. Would i like that to be the case - that the relatives of the dead agree that justice has now been served and they can let it be? Yes.

But while the perpetrators of this crime still deny it - over and over again, according to the report - closure is unlikely. It happened in South Africa using the procedure of a truth and reconciliation commission. One side of these horrible events are still not prepared to tell the truth. If they did, then it would be meaningful to ask for closure.
I'm a bit slow on the uptake, so clear something up for me

Which side isn't telling the truth?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:30 pm

William the White wrote:Yep, I was being seriously over-sensitive. apologies.

But what truth? If they still deny it, they obviously see it differently - and there's been no jury...

Just because a politician accepts a report by 3 blokes, 38 years after the event and apologises on the basis of it, doesn't mean it's any more factually correct than any reports produced at the time.