No shxt Sherlock.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BoltonMassiv
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonMassiv » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:26 am

Well, it's not really a series, and it's not 'getting better,' it got better. It has now ended. I too was surprised to hear this. 3 episodes and ending it on such a cliffhanger is a bit shit.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:19 am

Was good. I thought Graham Norton turning up as Moriarty was a good twist

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 am

I honestly thought all the chat about this, was because the film was due out on DVD or something... Gutted.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 am

BoltonMassiv wrote:Well, it's not really a series, and it's not 'getting better,' it got better. It has now ended. I too was surprised to hear this. 3 episodes and ending it on such a cliffhanger is a bit shit.
I suspect this is their version of the holmes/moriarty conflict on the Reichenbach falls, which conan doyle intended to end the series. Public clamour was so great that he had to brink sherlock back.

My guess is the same will happen here. It's probably in pre-production now.

This is good summer drama from the BBC - like last year's Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. Good stuff, not earth shaking.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:22 am

William the White wrote:
BoltonMassiv wrote:Well, it's not really a series, and it's not 'getting better,' it got better. It has now ended. I too was surprised to hear this. 3 episodes and ending it on such a cliffhanger is a bit shit.
I suspect this is their version of the holmes/moriarty conflict on the Reichenbach falls, which conan doyle intended to end the series. Public clamour was so great that he had to brink sherlock back.

My guess is the same will happen here. It's probably in pre-production now.

This is good summer drama from the BBC - like last year's Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. Good stuff, not earth shaking.
Thoroughly enjoyed that, too.

Having been away for a couple of weeks I missed the first two Sherlocks, but liked what I saw last night, enough to convince me to trawl the iPlayer tonight.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm literally 90secs into the third one on iPlayer and that is exactly how I imagine Bishy talking to folk in real life. People come for him to help:
'I weren't thinking'- 'wasn't'
'I just done it'- 'did'
'my dad learned me'- 'taught'

:D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.