The Stig

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

The Stig

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:21 pm

fecking free speech my arse

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... DQZBq1c0HQ

He signed a contract, he knew the score, and he's shit on his doorstep with this

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm at a loss to see how this is even news to be honest. Really, who gives a f*ck?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Is he releasing a book about being the Stig? Oooohhh.. That'll be a riveting read!

:crazy:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Anyone with Google who was arsed could've found out it was him from whenever Hammond crashed that car.

And yes, I do wonder how many pages that book will be.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

jmjhb wrote:I'm at a loss to see how this is even news to be honest. Really, who gives a f*ck?
Exactly.
May the bridges I burn light your way

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:52 pm

I thought the story was about Tony Blair being The Stig. Got me books mixed up!

Cheese
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cheese » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 pm

COMING SOON: TWEENIES UNMASKED! BBC SUES ACTOR FOR REVEALING INSIDE TRUTH ABOUT HIS TWEENIES IDENTITY

Good to know our license money is being spent on in important legal battles. Get a f*cking grip BBC.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Cheese wrote:COMING SOON: TWEENIES UNMASKED! BBC SUES ACTOR FOR REVEALING INSIDE TRUTH ABOUT HIS TWEENIES IDENTITY

Good to know our license money is being spent on in important legal battles. Get a f*cking grip BBC.

hmmmm... I am in two minds about this one..

the BBC's argument is that "the Stig" is the property (as in intellectual property rights) - of the BBC - he is a character they have created - and the central conceit is his anonymity.

any exploitation of "the stig" in books/merchandise/appearances - is therefore the preserve of the BBC

the bloke who plays "the stig" will have signed a confidentiality clause to this end when he took on the role.

so - the BBC are well within their rights to contest this - and - furthermore - you could argue that their action is not about spending money, but rather about protecting an income stream that should rightly accrue to the BBC...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:49 pm

thebish wrote:
Cheese wrote:COMING SOON: TWEENIES UNMASKED! BBC SUES ACTOR FOR REVEALING INSIDE TRUTH ABOUT HIS TWEENIES IDENTITY

hmmmm... I am in two minds about this one..

the BBC's argument is that "the Stig" is the property (as in intellectual property rights) - of the BBC - he is a character they have created - and the central conceit is his anonymity.

any exploitation of "the stig" in books/merchandise/appearances - is therefore the preserve of the BBC

the bloke who plays "the stig" will have signed a confidentiality clause to this end when he took on the role.

so - the BBC are well within their rights to contest this - and - furthermore - you could argue that their action is not about spending money, but rather about protecting an income stream that should rightly accrue to the BBC...
All spot on Bish.. Doesn't stop it being a load of bollocks over nothing though!

Fredi
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Fredi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:07 pm

It was pretty common knowledge after Hammond's big accident that Ben Collins was the Stig, as he was named in the inquest papers. There had been strong rumours even before this and that seemed to confirm them. Much hot air over nowt, as others have said.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Milo's secret crack habit, Jake is a closet homosexual, Bella and Fizz are lezzers!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Fredi wrote:It was pretty common knowledge after Hammond's big accident that Ben Collins was the Stig, as he was named in the inquest papers. There had been strong rumours even before this and that seemed to confirm them. Much hot air over nowt, as others have said.
I'd never even heard of him before yesterday!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Fredi wrote:It was pretty common knowledge after Hammond's big accident that Ben Collins was the Stig, as he was named in the inquest papers. There had been strong rumours even before this and that seemed to confirm them. Much hot air over nowt, as others have said.
Hammond died? feck. Why didn't anyone tell me? :pissed:
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 am

Ah yes, but who is the current 'Stig'? That's what I'm not bothered about.

My daughter gave me a Stig helmet egg cup for my birthday this year. Whilst it crossed my mind, I have not yet been tempted to break it and look inside. :wink:

agent smith
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by agent smith » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:46 pm

i think it's ridiculous this guys come out and commented and said that it was him. it's ruined the mystique.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:06 pm

i obviously missed the mystique ?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:23 pm

I've tried, but I just can't sum up the energy to give a shit. Apologies all round.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 am

That's a bit rich, Lord Kangana, particularly from someone who uses 'Wandering we never stray' beneath his avatar - and then converts it into Latin. HMS Wanderer, if it still floats, must be pitching and rolling. :mrgreen:

For the record, I like the Top Gear show. It's pretty much slapstick, it means nothing in the greater scheme of things and the three hosts can at times seem to be stupid, patronising and useless all at the same time. In fact I'd say that that trio would be in line for being the most stupid, patronising and useless people ever to appear on television - as a group.

Clarkson seems to be some sort of educated buffoon, Hammond's just trying to emulate Peter Pan whilst May is someone who is not sure whether he really should be on the show but is doing his best to fit in. For some strange reason I like James May. Perhaps that's because I've watched a couple or three of his 'documentary' series in which he takes the role of the learner and someone else is the expert. In my opinion he does it well.

Kangana, I watch little in the way of television broadcasts. Why would I? Ruddy 'eck it's all full of cops and robbers stuff these days (well, it is here). That's why I look forward to Top Gear, it's a little escapism in my weary life, it's a little bit of fun and it's on the 'telly' at a reasonable hour. :D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm

I too like James May. I'm sure I read somwhere that he's a concet-standard pianist. I could have made that up, but next to the most opinionated/least in control of the facts man on the planet and some other bloke who's there to be the butt of the small jokes, he shines like a beacon...

But as for the Stig? I really, really, couldn't care less who drives the cars with a helmet on. I'm guessing theres plenty of guys in the racing world capable of doing his job, so why he thinks he's special is anyone's guess.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I too like James May. I'm sure I read somwhere that he's a concet-standard pianist. I could have made that up, but next to the most opinionated/least in control of the facts man on the planet and some other bloke who's there to be the butt of the small jokes, he shines like a beacon...

But as for the Stig? I really, really, couldn't care less who drives the cars with a helmet on. I'm guessing theres plenty of guys in the racing world capable of doing his job, so why he thinks he's special is anyone's guess.

you have now gone out of your way twice on a stig thread to tell us how you really really really utterly and totally don't care! :wink: