24....39....42....HUT! HUT!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
jaffka wrote:When I used to watch it, the Dolphins were my team although I think that they are crap and have been so for some time.

Why are the Raiders and 49's disliked?
The Man Utd. and Arsenal of the AFL/NFL

Followed by gloryhunters the world over.
Scarcely. The Raiders have been pretty hopeless for a long time, and the 49ers not much better. They both had glory periods but these are long gone.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Balls to you with the poncey rugby copy.

I'll be watching the NBA champions in 2 weeks time :arse:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:14 pm

ratbert wrote:So how does the franchise system work? I've always found it rather odd that a club owner can move a team from place to place when they feel like it...
They can't do it at will - has to be approved by the league. It's a business - when you lose money, you relocate to greener pastures. Montreal lost its baseball team and I was so annoyed I don't watch anymore. Teams move in hockey more because they originally locate them in US towns where the people have never seen snow. Miami, Tampa and Phoenix do not make a lot of money despite being large market (i.e. they lose money).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 am

Go, KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab. I have never understood why followers or players of a particular sport are denigrated by followers of other sports. Whilst it can be an onerous task for some (apparently) the first job is to work out the basic rules that make the game what it is. Once you have that down pat you can learn the finer points of the game, enjoy the tactical ploys and, of course, rubbish the referee(s).

Americans are puzzled by the game of cricket (a game that is played over up to five days?) and you can't blame them. By the same token I'm bamboozled by 'American Football' which seems to have a set of arcane rules to which I will never be initiated. So I'm ignorant and accept my position.

That used to be the case with Australian Rules Football. Detractors of that game still call it 'aerial ping-pong' but over the years I, probably more from some sort of cranial osmosis rather than anything else, have come to enjoy watching the game.

Then again, I thoroughly enjoy watching a good game of lawn bowls. I would advise that before you pour scorn on my old and ancient bones that you try before you cry.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:06 am

Dujon wrote:Go, KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab. I have never understood why followers or players of a particular sport are denigrated by followers of other sports. Whilst it can be an onerous task for some (apparently) the first job is to work out the basic rules that make the game what it is. Once you have that down pat you can learn the finer points of the game, enjoy the tactical ploys and, of course, rubbish the referee(s).

Americans are puzzled by the game of cricket (a game that is played over up to five days?) and you can't blame them. By the same token I'm bamboozled by 'American Football' which seems to have a set of arcane rules to which I will never be initiated. So I'm ignorant and accept my position.

That used to be the case with Australian Rules Football. Detractors of that game still call it 'aerial ping-pong' but over the years I, probably more from some sort of cranial osmosis rather than anything else, have come to enjoy watching the game.

Then again, I thoroughly enjoy watching a good game of lawn bowls. I would advise that before you pour scorn on my old and ancient bones that you try before you cry.
nowt wrong with crown green bowls! I used to live in Hartlepool - which had the highest square-footage per head of finest crown-green bowlage space in all of christendom!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:00 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Balls to you with the poncey rugby copy.

I'll be watching the NBA champions in 2 weeks time :arse:
Netball with a bit of bouncing? Great. Get someone to wake you up when it's finished.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
jaffka wrote:When I used to watch it, the Dolphins were my team although I think that they are crap and have been so for some time.

Why are the Raiders and 49's disliked?
The Man Utd. and Arsenal of the AFL/NFL

Followed by gloryhunters the world over.
Scarcely. The Raiders have been pretty hopeless for a long time, and the 49ers not much better. They both had glory periods but these are long gone.
49ers have lost their first three games, and the Raiders are bottom of their division, so reverting to type there.

Seems the Steelers, Chiefs and Bears are setting the pace at the moment, with perfect starts, although other teams are looking like they could do some damage.. The Pats are averaging 4 touchdowns a game, although they have conceded as many points as they've scored.

Still, another 17 games to go before the Superbowl. Early days.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:21 pm

9ers not looking very good right now. They had better getted shorted shortly otherwise the season will be over.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:20 pm

seanworth wrote:9ers not looking very good right now. They had better getted shorted sortly otherwise the season will be over.
Shorted sortly? Have you been drinking, Sean?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
seanworth wrote:9ers not looking very good right now. They had better getted shorted sortly otherwise the season will be over.
I run a pub what do you think? :oops:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:25 pm

seanworth wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
:D Forty years ago when we were asked if we became librarians because we loved books, the standard answer was "Assuming a librarian reads is like assuming a barman drinks". Perhaps we got that wrong. :wink:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
seanworth wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
:D Forty years ago when we were asked if we became librarians because we loved books, the standard answer was "Assuming a librarian reads is like assuming a barman drinks". Perhaps we got that wrong. :wink:
Actually I only drink at the pub once a week and that is mostly after hours. However yesterday was my day off, and I did overindulge somewhat and feeling the effects today.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I see that the 9ers fired the Offensive Co-ordinator already. An excellent move although I have no idea regarding the replacement.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:27 pm

seanworth wrote:I see that the 9ers fired the Offensive Co-ordinator already. An excellent move although I have no idea regarding the replacement.
Is that someone that puts expletives in order? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:38 pm

seanworth wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
In Thailand or Canada?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 pm

seanworth wrote:I see that the 9ers fired the Offensive Co-ordinator already. An excellent move although I have no idea regarding the replacement.
So far so good 14-0 up in the 1st quarter.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:42 pm

seanworth wrote:
Ye-hah!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
seanworth wrote:
Ye-hah!
I knew you would finally get in the spirit.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:58 pm

seanworth wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
seanworth wrote:
Ye-hah!
I knew you would finally get in the spirit.
:D

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:44 am

Looks like I jinxed that result. Christ that was the last points they scored and ended up losing 16-14. Any Bruce I appreciate your support but you might have to step up another notch. :D