24....39....42....HUT! HUT!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Re: 24....39....42....HUT! HUT!

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:08 am

It's essentially a massive gazebo, isn't it?
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Kind of. Think it is the same type of stadium Vancouver has which is called BC Place. That roof material was made of teflon. Believe that one also tore 5-6 yrs ago, and I think now they changed the roof to a retractable roof. Basically the original roof is an air supported roof which must leave it suspect when heavy snow occusrs.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Actually teflon-coated fibre glass - the same as the roof on Montreal's Olympic stadium. The difference is the support. Ours is 87% from cables off a tower while theirs was almost all forced air. Not that our roof has been exactly problem free over the years.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:04 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Actually teflon-coated fibre glass - the same as the roof on Montreal's Olympic stadium. The difference is the support. Ours is 87% from cables off a tower while theirs was almost all forced air. Not that our roof has been exactly problem free over the years.
Didn't realize it was the same material, and yes you have had a few problems over the years. I quite enjoy BC Place. The worst indoor stadium I had ever been in was the Kingdome in Seattle. All that basic cement was depressing.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:08 pm

yer all glossing over the fact that-

brett farve didnt play for the first time in ages. (what were it ? about 18 year ?)

at least he didnt throw an interception that week. :/

yes i spelt his name wrong.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Since 1997

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 am

Well the niners lost again and promptly fired their coach. A deserved firing it was as well.

He got the sorted out some problems with the team, but just didn't have what it takes at this point to be a head coach.

Right now N.E. are looking very tough indeed. Hate the bastards

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:38 pm

The Pats are extremely hard to beat. They score a lot of points - averaging 35 per game. But they aren't as tight a defence as you'd expect. They do win a lot of turnovers, though.

Got to be said, I'm starting to feel a little confident about the Bears going far in the play offs this year. The Chiefs are #1 in the NFC, and the Bears are likely to be #2, so no need to be involved in the wild cards. And, looking at the other teams in with a chance of being in the NFC play offs (Saints, Eagles, Packers, Rams, Giants), there's no reason the Bears can't be in the Championship match.

Oh, and Jay Cutler has stopped turning the ball over 6 times a game, Devin Hester is now (unsuccessfully) trying to be bypassed on punts, the defence are as good as anyone in the league and we've mixed up our game beyond playing passes 95% of the time.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:53 am

Bears looked pretty good on Sunday. After Cutlers INT for TD he came out for the second half on fire. Still those Pats are downright scary.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:26 am

Just found out the Super bowl is on ESPN!! (one/ten are dogs)
I'm having a party for it.
thebish wrote:Matty T seems to have lost some weight but gained no pace...
Upto page 23 of the Joke Thread! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4434&start=440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:56 am

Good lad. I wouldn't mind doing a Super Bowl party, going to a pub to watch it or something, but the SB is on the due date of the Kebabling. No chance. Unless he's two weeks early....

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:14 pm

While the rest of you watch the FA Cup highlights (i'll be watching them first thing in the morning, when I'm on Kebablette duty, arguing over whether Notts County beating Sunderland is more important than Fireman Sam)....

The first Wild Card play off is going on right now. The Seahawks (the first ever division winner with a record of 7 wins and 9 losses, and are frankly shit), are playing the Saints (very unlucky not to win their division after being 11-5 for the season). Seahawks really up for it, currently 24-20 up at half time. Got the makings of a cracker, but also showing up a lot of deficiences on all aspects of both sides' games.

Part of me wants both to win, because they look so poor tonight. but if the Seahawks win, we're likely to meet the Packers or the Eagles...both dangerous teams. If the Saints win, it's them for us, and any team with an 11-5 record is a tough team to beat.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:08 am

Seahawks, worst ever division winners, shock the Saints, current "World" champions, 41-36 to reach the next round.

By the way, watching this on a Swedish stream. Lots of adverts for English football with footage of Elmander scoring goals and displaying Player Of The Month awards.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 am

Amazing.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:31 am

Now we only need a shock defeat by N.E. next week and all will be good.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

This was the moment the Seahawks confirmed the win last night, and is possibly the best rushing TD I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84wt6Ni--0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even better now than it was last night.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:43 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:This was the moment the Seahawks confirmed the win last night, and is possibly the best rushing TD I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84wt6Ni--0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a Saint's fan i'm very disappointed after last night, our defence was awful throughout the entire match.

In terms of that particular TD, 8 missed opportunities to tackle him... *Shakes head*

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Loyal White wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:This was the moment the Seahawks confirmed the win last night, and is possibly the best rushing TD I've ever seen.

As a Saint's fan i'm very disappointed after last night, our defence was awful throughout the entire match.

In terms of that particular TD, 8 missed opportunities to tackle him... *Shakes head*
And 5 TDs conceded in that one game after conceding 13 all through the regular season. Off day doesn't come close. Both defences looked shaky last night.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:08 am

Wow. Packers beat Eagles in Philadelphia.

So, divisional play offs (quarters) look like this:

Seahawks at Bears
Packers at Falcons

Jets at Patriots
Ravens at Steelers

I would say that the home teams shouldn't have too many problems in getting through, but after this weekend I'm not so sure. The Bears should have enough to take the Seahawks, and the Falcons should beat the Packers. The Patriots are far too strong for the Jets, but the Steelers might find a bit more resistance from the Ravens than they first think. Really impressed by the Ravens yesterday.

I'd quite like a Bears-Packers NFC Championship game!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 am

Pretty much agree. Don't really trust the Bears but Christ it is the Seahawks, and I'm wearing a Shawn Alexander shirt right now.