24....39....42....HUT! HUT!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'd just like to know why its called football, when they hardley ever kick it? Now if you renamed the thread stop-start-catchball, I promise to keep my distance.
I assume you have the same issue with Rugby football too?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'd just like to know why its called football, when they hardley ever kick it? Now if you renamed the thread stop-start-catchball, I promise to keep my distance.
A lot of critics often asked why Bolton Wanderers the past few years is called a football club when they hardly ever kick it either.

Time to go and enjoy my day off.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Indeed.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:27 pm

i have explained this already.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:38 pm

When I used to watch it, the Dolphins were my team although I think that they are crap and have been so for some time.

Why are the Raiders and 49's disliked?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:40 pm

jaffka wrote:When I used to watch it, the Dolphins were my team although I think that they are crap and have been so for some time.

The Man Utd. and Arsenal of the AFL/NFL

Followed by gloryhunters the world over.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Two very good touchdowns from last night - one is Devin Hester's catch at the Cowboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bT-e4FwPwU

The other a quite improbable way of catching a ball one handed from Randy Moss of the Patriots against the Jets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31ELjaFkO4
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
jaffka wrote:When I used to watch it, the Dolphins were my team although I think that they are crap and have been so for some time.

But the 49ers have been shite for ages.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:07 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

But the 49ers have been shite for ages.
The 9ers were borderline shite when I started following them. They then turned into super shite until the end of the 70's and then had a very long period where they dominated the NFL. That was when the hatred started. The fans then became known as the whiners, and the fans were thought of as wine and cheese fans. The Raiders, well they are just scum.....

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:23 pm

So how does the franchise system work? I've always found it rather odd that a club owner can move a team from place to place when they feel like it...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Indeed.
I thought one of the problems some people had with Rugby Union was the they kick it too much!

Make yer bloody minds up.

Oh and I prolly won't post on this thread again as I have no interest in it. :-)

Edit: Mind you why do they shout HUT?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Won't interfere in something I know nothing about, but Dan Marino is a name I remember from watching years ago.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Won't interfere in something I know nothing about, but Dan Marino is a name I remember from watching years ago.
never stopped you talking about bloody art!!! :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Indeed.
I thought one of the problems some people had with Rugby Union was the they kick it too much!

Oh and I prolly won't post on this thread again as I have no interest in it. :-)

summat to do with pizza I think...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 pm

jaffka wrote:Raiders

yes ! i can post this again

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Indeed.

That was one of the problems I had in Australia. Guys would come in with an injury from playing 'football' which could cover any one of 4 sports.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

a1 wrote:

That's Roy Hodgson once the Scousers have finished with him.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
One of the all time great quarter backs.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:59 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
a1 wrote:

That's Roy Hodgson once the Scousers have finished with him.
Theres no way he'd get out of there still wearing a leather jacket.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:05 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I follow Canadian football more than American football(somewhat different rules but generally the same game). I have been a Raider fan since the 1960s (sorry for those who detest them). But I follow footie and (ice) hockey too. I like them all.
I like watching American Football, as I do any sport that comes on the magic box. Can't understand how they call it "football" when I've never once seen someone kick the damn thing, but ah well. Monty - for the uneducated, what's the difference between the Canadian and American rules?
Well, they do kick it quite a bit (more so in the Canadian game). However, it was football because it was rugby and the rules slowly changes especially after the forward pass was introduced. Quite a lot of differences. Field size - US 100 yards long with a ten yard endzone, Canada 110 long with 25 yards endzone, Canadian field usually wider though this varies. Number of players - US has 11 players on the field for each side, Canada 12. Downs - US has four downs (plays from scrimmage) to gain ten yards, Canada has three downs. Scoring - in the US missed field goals and punts which go into or through the endzone are touchbacks (there is no score and the ball comes out to the 20 yard line), in Canada the ball remains live and if the receiving player is tackled in the endzone, one point is scored - so they try to run it out. Receiving a punt in America you can run with it, or call a fair catch and can't be touched, in Canada you have to run with it though the punting team cannot approach within five yards until you touch in. American have three time outs per half, we have one. Those are the major differences. In Canada there is a little more kicking and running back the ball.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.