Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I'm happy that the UN World Happiness Report lists Canadians as the sixth happiestsmuggest people in the world (behind Mac-users Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Finland). Well, I would be, wouldn't I?
fixed that for you...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I'm happy that the UN World Happiness Report lists Canadians as the sixth happiest people in the world (behind Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Finland). Well, I would be, wouldn't I?
I'm not having that. Canadians are the happiest people I know. Danes, the Swiss, Icelandics, Norwegians and Finns are always moaning about the price of stuff. Finns spend a half the year as pissed as arseholes.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I'm happy that the UN World Happiness Report lists Canadians as the sixth happiest people in the world (behind Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and Finland). Well, I would be, wouldn't I?
I'm not having that. Canadians are the happiest people I know. Danes, the Swiss, Icelandics, Norwegians and Finns are always moaning about the price of stuff. Finns spend a half the year as pissed as arseholes.
:lol: Of course it is dark half the year in Finland so not a lot to do except get depressed and drink.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
And yet you told me you'd never met a drunk Finn. How it was all a myth... :conf:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:04 am

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:34 am

^ Heard about that on R5 this morning. Another silly name suggested is Usain Boat.

There was another invitation a while back to name an owl somewhere or other and the winner was Hooty McOwl Face.

The great British public!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:32 am

thebish wrote:vote Boaty McBoat Face! :D

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/03/19/pub ... -for-boat/
Gee, a name worthy of any self-respecting three year old. So this might carry because of 9000 twitterers with nothing better to do think it's a brilliant name then? Right, er..great stuff....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:vote Boaty McBoat Face! :D

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/03/19/pub ... -for-boat/
Gee, a name worthy of any self-respecting three year old. So this might carry because of 9000 twitterers with nothing better to do think it's a brilliant name then? Right, er..great stuff....

crack a smile - you know you want to! :roll:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:54 pm

I'd have preferred Queen Elizibeth McFartypants meself...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I'd have preferred Queen Elizibeth McFartypants meself...
you self-respecting 3yr old, you! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
And yet you told me you'd never met a drunk Finn. How it was all a myth... :conf:
Just because I've never met one doesn't mean that they're not around. I've never met a bitter and twisted c*nt with manky feet from Derbyshire, but it doesn't follow that they don't exist, does it? :conf:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Just because I've never met one doesn't mean that they're not around. I've never met a bitter and twisted c*nt with manky feet from Derbyshire, but it doesn't follow that they don't exist, does it? :conf:
But you did actually argue they didn't exist... and then went on to state the opposite. No wonder I was confused, eh?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

They surely do exist. The Guardian tells us (from a Finnish study) :
Nordic Finland may be a well-known haven of progressive social policy, with an enviable living standard, cradle-to-grave welfare and the world’s best education system, but there is one social problem the Finns have not yet licked. Alcohol-related illnesses and incidents (including accidents, violence and suicide in which alcohol has factored) are the most common cause of death for both working age men and women there – and have been so for many years.
This seems to support Bruce's point.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Nordic Finland may be a well-known haven of progressive social policy, with an enviable living standard, cradle-to-grave welfare and the world’s best education system, but there is one social problem the Finns have not yet licked. Alcohol-related illnesses and incidents (including accidents, violence and suicide in which alcohol has factored) are the most common cause of death for both working age men and women there – and have been so for many years.
Bruce's point? You've got the wrong end of the stick mate. I posted about drunken Finns and Bruce said it was a myth!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:59 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bruce's point? You've got the wrong end of the stick mate. I posted about drunken Finns and Bruce said it was a myth!
Sorry, I thought he said: "Finns spend a half the year as pissed as arseholes." Must be something wrong with TW if it misattributed the remark.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
But you did actually argue they didn't exist... and then went on to state the opposite. No wonder I was confused, eh?
No. i said I hadn't encountered them.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You need to call in one day, when you're passing. We can compare bitter and twisted in person over a drink. Manky feet not withstanding.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You need to call in one day, when you're passing. We can compare bitter and twisted in person over a drink. Manky feet not withstanding.
Just ditch the fags first, Bruce.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You know, I did think of that when I was heading back from Burton last Sunday. We'll do it next time if you're free.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:31 am

My mum's cousin has sent her a happy 60th birthday card. That sings. Two years early.

I've been laughing for about half an hour.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.