Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:07 am

Today I'm deliriously happy and proper chuffed with myself for having taken the opportunity to reply to an email thus:

'Hi Ina

Are you having a laugh?'

:)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 am

I hope it was important Bruce.

I've taken to replying to emails from current bosses in a most flippant manner, for the simple expedient they are f*cking idiots 99.999% of the time. That is when they're not asking me to send the content of the conversation we're having in an email. To which I say "no, I'm actually telling you now".
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:56 am

My boss once came up with yet another hair brained, laughably stupid idea and it got my very best "stunned look".

He looked at me & said "I now you think I'm an idiot ...". I guess the correct response would have been something like "oh ... no, no ... nooooo, not at all ..." rather than "well, at least that's established".

My very best ever reference for someone would, sadly, not be possible these days ; "Quite frankly I would not re-employ Andrew if he was the last man on Earth".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:01 am

Welcome to the Patriarch/ Godfather club Will. I have two great-grandchildren, one of each species. Makes me feel old, but what the hell, I am. Best thing about it is, at family gatherings they pop you in a chair and wait on you hand and foot. Grand being the Codfather. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:36 pm

William the White wrote:I sort of really don't want to post this, and sort of do, because I know it makes me absolutely officially ancient, though also makes me very happy... but my much loved grand daughter this afternoon gave birth to a little girl called Ava, who is healthy and immediately adored... So, I am now - aged 66 - a great grandfather... And very, very happy to be so... :D :D :D
Congratulations, Will. I don't even have grandchildren so I guess I'm still young!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Today I'm deliriously happy and proper chuffed with myself for having taken the opportunity to reply to an email thus:

'Hi Ina

Are you having a laugh?'

:D I imagine she may have been subject to that since kindergarten, but I'm sure you can play innocent here.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Today I'm deliriously happy and proper chuffed with myself for having taken the opportunity to reply to an email thus:

'Hi Ina

Are you having a laugh?'

:D I imagine she may have been subject to that since kindergarten, but I'm sure you can play innocent here.
She's Danish and living in Denmark, so I doubt it. See what happens when Google can't help you? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

'Hi Ina

Are you having a laugh?'

She's Danish and living in Denmark, so I doubt it. See what happens when Google can't help you? ;)
The same thing that happens if and when it does help! I actually went out with a girl called Ina in the 1960s but she was Romanian, but the pun never occurred to me back then.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 pm

HYena! Yes, just got it.
As you were.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Well back to the exciting single life for me, the now definitely "Not Mrs Wigan white" has officially gone mental. It's a weight off my shoulders and now I can concentrate on doing what the feck I want, spending time with my kids and getting my divorce sorted from "ex Mrs Wigan white" without any hassle......woohooooo :pissed: :oyea:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:06 pm

They're all mental Mr Wight. All of them.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:They're all mental Mr Wight. All of them.
100% agree Mr.Clown :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 pm

wigan white wrote:Well back to the exciting single life for me, the now definitely "Not Mrs Wigan white" has officially gone mental. It's a weight off my shoulders and now I can concentrate on doing what the feck I want, spending time with my kids and getting my divorce sorted from "ex Mrs Wigan white" without any hassle......woohooooo :pissed: :oyea:
Good luck, WW. Not Mrs WW sounded a little stressed last week and I guess the safety valve blew. Now if only ex Mrs WW would move to New Jersey....

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
wigan white wrote:Well back to the exciting single life for me, the now definitely "Not Mrs Wigan white" has officially gone mental. It's a weight off my shoulders and now I can concentrate on doing what the feck I want, spending time with my kids and getting my divorce sorted from "ex Mrs Wigan white" without any hassle......woohooooo :pissed: :oyea:
Good luck, WW. Not Mrs WW sounded a little stressed last week and I guess the safety valve blew. Now if only ex Mrs WW would move to New Jersey....
Cheers Monty, shes a total nut job in all honesty which actually explains why we still dont live together after 2 and 1/2 years together. I hope ex Mrs WW doesnt move to New Jersey as my best mate lives there and that would ruin the trip to see him that im hoping to take next year :lol:
maybe Venezuela would be a better place for her.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:42 pm

I se the IRA have agreed to allow women to join them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/29246741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good for this. Not before time if you ask me. Women should be allowed to be terrorists too !!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:49 pm

Well, obviously once the vote's been taken. You can't act another resolution till you've voted on it...
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I se the IRA have agreed to allow women to join them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/29246741" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good for this. Not before time if you ask me. Women should be allowed to be terrorists too !!
You had me going for a minute there. I was just going to Google Bernadette Devlin.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:03 am

the missus dropped the daughter off at Bratfort uni last week...

turns out she needs her passport to register.. :roll:

which means I have a perfect and watertight excuse to make a diversion to Bratfort on my way back from dropping middle son off at Teesside uni on Monday and go and see her! :pissed: :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:16 am

You need a passport to start a new job these day Bish.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:You need a passport to start a new job these day Bish.
Yep every new employee at my work has to have one.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.