Today I'm happy about......

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm happy about......

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:18 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:getting shipped out to NY on a permanent basis in Jan/Feb. Which is nice.

Shithole.. :wink:

Congratulations that's excellent news.

Love Love Love New York

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:11 pm

How on Earth are you going to be able to leave Wanderers behind??!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:21 pm

All we have to do is return to the Prem and every game available on US cable.

My American friend would have his views on the match emailed to me by the time I got home.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Athers wrote:How on Earth are you going to be able to leave Wanderers behind??!
On my last day a lass actually complimented me on my bolton shirt (was last day and had run out of clean and acceptable adult clothing), so there must be a few emigres over there.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Great news, kinty. Just an 8 hour drive from Montreal so perhaps we'll have a beer together soon. Does NY mean NYC? NYC is a lot cooler than California - don't be fooled by Tango. The leaves are already turning so there is frost at night. But who cares - there is so much to do inside in the winter!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Great news, kinty. Just an 8 hour drive from Montreal so perhaps we'll have a beer together soon. Does NY mean NYC? NYC is a lot cooler than California - don't be fooled by Tango. The leaves are already turning so there is frost at night. But who cares - there is so much to do inside in the winter!
When I was there in March, I've never been as cold in my entire life!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Ha. The weather when I was there was great - proper shorts and tshirt weather, and that was toward the end of September. In a meeting with my boss over there we were discussing in casual fashion me coming over more permanently when I said something about loving the weather. At that point his face went from smiley to stoney and he just said "Yeah, let's hear you say that in February." :D

Monty - yes, NY means NYC. A beer definitely in order should the occasion arise. Had no idea the state bordered Canada!
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:20 pm

August is pretty horrible in NYC, though you'll get used to the humidity after a couple of them.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:20 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Ha. The weather when I was there was great - proper shorts and tshirt weather, and that was toward the end of September. In a meeting with my boss over there we were discussing in casual fashion me coming over more permanently when I said something about loving the weather. At that point his face went from smiley to stoney and he just said "Yeah, let's hear you say that in February." :D

Monty - yes, NY means NYC. A beer definitely in order should the occasion arise. Had no idea the state bordered Canada!

You could meet at Niagra Falls.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Great news, kinty. Just an 8 hour drive from Montreal so perhaps we'll have a beer together soon. Does NY mean NYC? NYC is a lot cooler than California - don't be fooled by Tango. The leaves are already turning so there is frost at night. But who cares - there is so much to do inside in the winter!
Haa. I was there in the first week of December maybe 10 years or so ago.

I'd decided in dull old Manchester that I couldn't be arsed with a coat. It was going to be car >> hotel >> office >> hotel >> taxi >> restaurant etc., etc.

But the weekend was my own and I decided to do the grand tour. It was 'only' about -5 ... & I come from Horwich. Piece of piss. Except the old "wind-chill factor". The wind was coming South. I t was about -15 or more in reality. I had a jumper !! I put a t-shirt on under the shirt and hit the streets. Fck me.

Everyone else was dressed like Nanook of the North. I got some strange looks. Wusses.

At one point I went into a coffee house just for a warm. I had a hot chocolate and warmed my hand on the cup and them put it to my lips ... but they wouldn't work !! My mouth had become like a Thunderbird puppet's. The drink dribbled down my chin as my mouth refused to cooperate.

Moral .... dress warm, even if you look a prick.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Hey, come on Monty, I did say..We Skyped our lad in California last night, bears no relation to New York since it's on the opposite coast,of course," :D

One of the worst spots I've been in for sheer biting, teeth-chattering cold, was Amsterdam first week in January.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:50 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Ha. The weather when I was there was great - proper shorts and tshirt weather, and that was toward the end of September. In a meeting with my boss over there we were discussing in casual fashion me coming over more permanently when I said something about loving the weather. At that point his face went from smiley to stoney and he just said "Yeah, let's hear you say that in February." :D

Fall is actually the best time of year on the eastern seaboard - Summer's humidity has gone and Winter's chill not yet arrived. Spring unfortunately tends to be a couple of weeks of rain and mud, but early Summer is great.

Bruce, we always raise our eyebrows at the number of Brits who come in Winter thinking their mac will keep them warm. One does have to dress for the outdoors.....

NY borders both Quebec and Ontario but it is a big state. It is a 45 minute drive from Montreal but another six hours to NYC.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:32 pm

Had a fab 8mile hike today up the Erme Valley from Ivybridge - through damp autumnal riverside woodland - that glorious damp autumn smell of musty leaves and wet wood... then swung across onto the moors and over Butterdon Hill - and was totally stunned by a view down across the southernmost reaches of the moors and out to the sparkling sea - Plymouth Sound - totally unexpected!!

photo doesn't even come close to doing it justice... (looking into the sun...)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote: I had a jumper !! I put a t-shirt on under the shirt and hit the streets. Fck me.

Everyone else was dressed like Nanook of the North. I got some strange looks. Wusses.

At one point I went into a coffee house just for a warm. I had a hot chocolate and warmed my hand on the cup and them put it to my lips ... but they wouldn't work !! My mouth had become like a Thunderbird puppet's. The drink dribbled down my chin as my mouth refused to cooperate.

Moral .... dress warm, even if you look a prick.
Haha. I had a cashmere overcoat on and it was even coming through that. Did exactly the same - going into coffee houses not because I particularly wanted a coffee, just to escape the unbearable cold.

Because my nose was constantly running I kept blowing it which eventually led to me having a nosebleed whilst walking down 5th Avenue. I couldn't move for people coming to my aid offering tissues.

If there is a friendlier city on earth then I'm yet to find it.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:[NEW :spank: te="Bruce Rioja"]
Haa. I was there in the first week of December maybe 10 years or so ago.

I'd decided in dull old Manchester that I couldn't be arsed with a coat. It was going to be car >> hotel >> office >> hotel >> taxi >> restaurant etc., etc.

But the weekend was my own and I decided to do the grand tour. It was 'only' about -5 ... & I come from Horwich. Piece of piss. Except the old "wind-chill factor". The wind was coming South. I t was about -15 or more in reality. I had a jumper !! I put a t-shirt on under the shirt and hit the streets. Fck me.
M

Moral .... dress warm, even if you look a prick.[/quote]
I'm taking my family to NYC this December Bobo so we better pack our thermals then
The Voice Of Reason

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:12 pm

I now have a Limited Company, a website and a domain hosting service. All I need now is some talent to build a website and some business. That may take some time..............
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I now have a Limited Company, a website and a domain hosting service. All I need now is some talent to build a website and some business. That may take some time..............
What name did you opt for in the end ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I now have a Limited Company, a website and a domain hosting service. All I need now is some talent to build a website and some business. That may take some time..............
Take the easy option and use Joomla or similar. All the basic stuff you need is there and you don't need any technical knowledge to do a basic site within a couple of hours. You can of course use it to build something pretty snazzy if you want to put the effort and learning in.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
What name did you opt for in the end ?
One that didn't cost him a bottle. Nowt surer ;)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:09 pm

I bought myself a lovely bottle of Port thank you. It'll get an airing tonight with some stilton.

I finally went with Insight Therapies Ltd. I'm now in the process of sorting logo's, letterheads and business cards, banking and a marketing strategy. I've spent a small fortune today, there's no end to it!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.