Farting ban in Malawi...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Farting ban in Malawi...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:56 am

BBC wrote:Malawi row over whether new law bans farting

Two of Malawi's most senior judicial officials are arguing over whether a new bill includes a provision that outlaws breaking wind in public. Justice Minister George Chaponda says the new bill would criminalise flatulence to promote "public decency". "Just go to the toilet when you feel like farting," he told local radio.

However, he was directly contradicted by Solicitor General Anthony Kamanga, who says the reference to "fouling the air" means pollution. "How any reasonable or sensible person can construe the provision to criminalising farting in public is beyond me," he said, adding that the prohibition contained in the new law has been in place since 1929.

The Local Courts Bill, to be introduced next week reads: "Any person who vitiates the atmosphere in any place so as to make it noxious to the public to the health of persons in general dwelling or carrying on business in the neighbourhood or passing along a public way shall be guilty of a misdemeanour."

Mr Chaponda, a trained lawyer, insists that this includes farting. "Would you be happy to see people farting anyhow?" he asked on the popular "Straight Talk" programme on Malawi's Capital Radio.

He said that local chiefs would deal with any offenders. When asked whether it could be enforced, he said it would be similar to laws banning urinating in public.
Oh dear...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Farting ban in Malawi...

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Straight Talk.

Sounds like Malawi's version of TalkSport.

Is there some kind of quota that every territory has to have a statutory number of these kind of lunatics before they can be accepted by the international community as a country?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:26 am

Saw that last week. Thought is was pretty funny.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:37 am

How would you enforce it/bring evidence? Would it be through the use of forensics, or the age old "He Who Smelt It Dealt It"?

Which would then give rise to "Your honour, members of the jury, please bear in mind that He Who Said The Rhyme Committed The Crime". Countered by "He Who Denied It Supplied It". The legal system would be a right old mess.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 am

It seems you are allowed to let the odd one slip. It is the habitual farters they are after. Not too sure if that means that the first few times you are pulled up for farting you get get off with a warning, or that you have to let a bunch go in rapid succession.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:52 am

seanworth wrote:It seems you are allowed to let the odd one slip. It is the habitual farters they are after. Not too sure if that means that the first few times you are pulled up for farting you get get off with a warning, or that you have to let a bunch go in rapid succession.
What if you're dealing with someone who is an expert in Silent But Deadlies? Would they be let off?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:14 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
seanworth wrote:It seems you are allowed to let the odd one slip. It is the habitual farters they are after. Not too sure if that means that the first few times you are pulled up for farting you get get off with a warning, or that you have to let a bunch go in rapid succession.
What if you're dealing with someone who is an expert in Silent But Deadlies? Would they be let off?
One way or the other I guess so.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:16 am

seanworth wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
One way or the other I guess so.
:lol:

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am

I'll set 'em up, you knock 'em in!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:25 pm

ooooops !!

Thank goodness I'm not in Malawi, that's what I say !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:31 pm

All which brought to mind the Peter Sellars " It wasn't me" elevator scene. It took forever to make that scene for the film because they were all helpless laughing all the time. Must be a clip of that somewhere?.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:19 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:All which brought to mind the Peter Sellars " It wasn't me" elevator scene. It took forever to make that scene for the film because they were all helpless laughing all the time. Must be a clip of that somewhere?.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYclyAkkDg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and with commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TtZgs8k8dU&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Had lunch in Nawaab in Levenshulme yesterday (If you're into Indian food, give it a go, 12 quid for the all you can eat buffet - nice place, amazing food) and being a tad tight, decided I was going to get my 12 quids worth if it killed me.

I walked out with enough heartburn to slay an elephant and walked straight into the Tesco next door for some Rennie. Unfortunately, there was a long queue. Or at least there was until I released the cause of said heartburn into the atmosphere. It was that bad I was nearly sick. Fortunately, they all seemed to blame the fat woman behind me. Result, but guilty as charged Your Homour.

Toilet humour: It can still make me laugh.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.