Worth it????

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Worth it????

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Haven't really followed athletics much for a while now but I remember watching quite a bit during the Coe/Ovett/Cram days.

Not sure I'd pay to watch - telly for me.
Coe/Ovett/Cram? Blimey you're old :wink:

Can't beat watching Athletics, its nearly as good as football. Tell you what, come and watch me triple jump in the Southern womens league this summer! Then you'll see how it isn't done! :oops:

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:58 pm

I was an embryo. :evil:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:I was an embryo. :evil:
A telly watching embryo?!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
We're clever from an early age up here. :wink:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
We're clever from an early age up here. :wink:
I'll take your word for it! Not ventured up north much myself - far too scary ;) Perhaps they all watch telly as embryos up there...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 am

Your team doesn't bother coming up here much either.

B dum tish.

I thank you.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Latham8wfc wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ECOND.html

Whats the maximum you would pay to watch 100m final??? And/or any other major sporting event??

100m Final - £150 a ticket.....max
100M final, max I'd pay is well errmm if someone gave me £200 quid for the bother of going to watch it I might go.

Actually would probably need £500 to make it worthwhile.

I'd not spend a bean on it. Who would spend money to watch 8 blokes run for under 10 seconds in a straight line?
Nice to be in agreement for a change old bean, Athletics comes fairly close to golf in the boring list except for the lurvley female bottoms on display on the track :mrgreen:

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:58 am

P.O.S. wrote:Any update on the GB football team thing, is it happening or not?

Might see if I can get tickets to some of the games at OT if they're not too dear, could get lucky and end up watching Brazil or Spain's Olympic teams. Or er, China's
I was looking a few months back when all the prices were announced and the womens football group games were the upper end of what you'd pay for a Premier League game, with men's games and knockout games north of that. Far, far too much for what are essesntially glorified friendlies.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Hubby and i can't wait to go. We want to watch the athletics (though not the 100m final at that price!) and i'd like to see some gymnastics and maybe the diving. I'd most like to see the men and womens triple jump. Hoping we can get tickets...

:mrgreen: Just go and watch Arsenal love...................

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:46 am

:pray:

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 pm

jimbo wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:Any update on the GB football team thing, is it happening or not?

Might see if I can get tickets to some of the games at OT if they're not too dear, could get lucky and end up watching Brazil or Spain's Olympic teams. Or er, China's
I was looking a few months back when all the prices were announced and the womens football group games were the upper end of what you'd pay for a Premier League game, with men's games and knockout games north of that. Far, far too much for what are essesntially glorified friendlies.
Sod that then!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Depends who it was - £30 to see Brazil v Argentina wouldn't be too bad.

Would be worth it just to see some of the U20s (or whatever the limit is) of the future.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Depends who it was - £30 to see Brazil v Argentina wouldn't be too bad.

Would be worth it just to see some of the U20s (or whatever the limit is) of the future.
Most of the football is at big grounds as well, which I reckon is bad planning. Can't see them selling out places like Millenium and OT for group games. Would have been better using places like the Reebok, JJB, Galpharm or KC to make sure they get filled.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 pm

:lol: as if! Can you imagine them holding something like that in B-town?!?! Not a chance.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Hubby and i can't wait to go. We want to watch the athletics (though not the 100m final at that price!) and i'd like to see some gymnastics and maybe the diving. I'd most like to see the men and womens triple jump. Hoping we can get tickets...

:mrgreen: Just go and watch Arsenal love...................
Haha - guess I walked into that one! :)

Actually, am going to watch us for only the second time this season April 2nd. Well excited. Blooming babies rather got in the way of my arsenal trips this season! ;)

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Would love to see some boxing and handball but travel & accommodation prices me out of it before I even start thinking about bidding for tickets. If Londoners are getting all the benefit I hope to God they're paying for all of it.
Londoners aren't getting all the benefit. If anything, bar West Ham fans, they're getting shafted.

Londoner's council tax went up in order to help pay for it in 2006 (I was living in London at the time), yet if they want tickets, they're paying exactly the same as anyone from Bolton, Burnley, Bairlinnie or Burma. Plus the traffic system is being hamstrung in favour of anything going towards Stratford - including a third of the road system (athletes lanes are being introduced at the cost of accessability of roads in London).

Around the site of the Olympic Village, there have been grass roots facilities smashed down, and no chance of anything for those apart from elite athletes in sports that aren't going to get extra funding after the Games.

How's that benefitting Londoners?
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you