The Film Review Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:59 pm

plodder wrote:Had a tremendous experience today, watched The Incredibles from start to finish with the kids. If you have not seen it do. Pure class.
Indeed - I had my photo taken with Elastigirl on Wednesday and she was hot in those thigh-high leather boots.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:22 pm

Just finished watching Sin City. Fantastic is to small a word for this peice of genious. A truly incredible story(s) brilliantly made, my film of the year by a street.

Ill never look at Frodo the same way again!!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frankie Wanderer » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:25 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Just finished watching Sin City. Fantastic is to small a word for this peice of genious. A truly incredible story(s) brilliantly made, my film of the year by a street.

Ill never look at Frodo the same way again!!
Thanks for the recommendation SOTWA. I will take it out on DVD - when available.
Frankie says " on the day that your mentality catches up with your biology, come round. "

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:43 pm

ONG-BAK IS AMAZING !

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:16 pm

Batman wrote:ONG-BAK IS AMAZING !
I fxcking told you :D :D :D

Thank Christ, someone has finally watched it.

Or they the best fight scenes in history or what?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:17 pm

I'd like to say he reminds me of a young me, but he doesnt.

The whole thing was amazing, so realistic, so intense, no stuntmen, no wires, no CGI

mind blowing.....plus it makes Bangkok look great

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:26 pm

Batman wrote:I'd like to say he reminds me of a young me, but he doesnt.

The whole thing was amazing, so realistic, so intense, no stuntmen, no wires, no CGI

mind blowing.....plus it makes Bangkok look great
Superb and complete shite!!

This is a thailand made movie about.........on second thoughts im not going to go into the story and plot as its complete bxllocks. So what makes this movie Superb? The fight scenes, they are the best I have seen in any movie I have ever watched (and yes that does include the late Bruce Lee) they really are that good, I think what strikes me most about them is the fact that these guys spend most of the time really hitting each other. They must of spent the films budget on hospital bills because they go all out.
The lead actor mark my words is going to be big in hollywood, not just for his amazing Thai fighting skills (watch the movie and you will know what I meen) but his ability to perform stunts that almost rivel Jacko himself (How the hell does a guy do running splits underneath a moving car :conf: ) if you want to watch some of the greatest fighting scenes ever put on film then rent this movie ASAP if you can get past the mind boggling acting.

WINNER
Come on guys, you will never in your life see a hero finish the bad guy like this ever again.

GET IT WATCHED

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:30 pm

the story is more far-fetched than Japanese turd, but god damn the fight scenes are cool.

the guy is so f*cking fast

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:39 pm

History of Violence is well worth a watch, if only to see the bird from Coyote Ugly in a cheerleader outfit giving aragorn a 69

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:22 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:History of Violence is well worth a watch, if only to see the bird from Coyote Ugly in a cheerleader outfit giving aragorn a 69
* Nips off down to the local Blockbuster *
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:33 am

Batman wrote:the story is more far-fetched than Japanese turd, but god damn the fight scenes are cool.

the guy is so f*cking fast
Watch "Unleashed" (Danny the dog) and re-assess that Batman. Takes voilence to a whole new level:P
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Leonard
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Leonard » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:29 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:History of Violence is well worth a watch, if only to see the bird from Coyote Ugly in a cheerleader outfit giving aragorn a 69
gets down to local Blockbuster only to realise it's not out on DVD yet - rents Erotic Witch Project and School of Cock instead. :D :D
Lenny's Trusty Trolley - Unofficially sponsored by www.physioroom.com

AND.... Neville's Barbers on Church Road!!!

AND NOW... Mich's Beefy Burgers!!!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:55 am

Leonard wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
gets down to local Blockbuster only to realise it's not out on DVD yet - rents Erotic Witch Project and School of Cock instead. :D :D
* Waits patiently outside Blockbuster for the film to be released on DVD whilst watching Erotic Witch Project and School of Cock on his laptop *
Businesswoman of the year.

Leonard
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Leonard » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:10 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Leonard wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
* Waits patiently outside Blockbuster for the film to be released on DVD whilst watching Erotic Witch Project and School of Cock on his laptop *
:D :D :D

If anyone hasn't seen 40 year old virgin yet - get down to the cinema before it finishes. Absolutely hilarious! 8/10 on Lenny's guffaw-o-meter!

Leonard
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Leonard » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:00 am

Mrs Leonard and I do this thing (no, not that thing!) where we take it in turns to choose the film, but the other doesn't know what it is. You look at the floor when you walk past the little screen outside the auditorium and shut your eyes when the BBFC Cert comes up - it's really cool cos you have no idea what films about to start.

Anyway, I digress. Last night's treat was 'History of Violence'. I thought it was really good, not like CRonenburgs usual wierd stuff. 7/10 but a bit gory for Mrs L in places. Definitely worth a watch as contains full frontal nudity (female!)

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:31 am

AUDITION

Totally wierd Jap film, made by same man as Ichi the Killer. This bloke's wife dies and he decides to remarry, but he is shy and so his tv producer mate holds an audition for a new bride, he meets this quiet girl called Asami, who is a former ballerina. The first houris a gentle love story, then we find out she is a wee bit mental, and after they hump, she turns psycho and poisons him, paralyses him, puts needles in his eyes, and then cuts his feet off with piano wire, then his son throws her down the stairs and she dies.

its top.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:22 pm

Batman wrote:AUDITION

Totally wierd Jap film, made by same man as Ichi the Killer. This bloke's wife dies and he decides to remarry, but he is shy and so his tv producer mate holds an audition for a new bride, he meets this quiet girl called Asami, who is a former ballerina. The first houris a gentle love story, then we find out she is a wee bit mental, and after they hump, she turns psycho and poisons him, paralyses him, puts needles in his eyes, and then cuts his feet off with piano wire, then his son throws her down the stairs and she dies.

its top.
that feet scene made me squirm for weeks

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:51 pm

watched Wallace and Gromit last night

Peter Kay does a voice bit, didn't realise

was absolute quality

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:36 am

to me so long to get to the end of this discussion I'd forgotten what I was going to recommend.
Shawshank Redemption anybody?.

Watched Sahara recently. Its got more holes in its plot than a culinder & Penelope Cruz doesn't get
her kit off. Should be made compulsory in every film she's in. That aside its still a surprisingly
watchable film especially when Steve Zahn & William H Macy are on screen

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:16 pm

just sat down to watch cannibal holocaust

how cheerful