Summer holidays...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Summer holidays...

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Back home, sweet home, now from our week away and thought i'd bore you with a few holiday snaps (and hopefully some other members of the forum will post some of where they have been to over the summer - cos i'm nosy like that ;) )

Heres me waving at Pirate from Weymouth beach

Feeding the swans at Abbotsbury Swannery

We went swimming every day

One for Raven at Monkey world

View of Chesil Beach

Fab holiday but always nice to get home. I missed my dog. :oops:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:Just got back from Cornwall with Ms Prufrock. Her parents have a house down in Coverack so we stayed there. The odd geographical nightmare aside (seriously, a Mawnan and a Mawgan really close to each other?) was ace. Lots of fun stuff and that. Weather was grey for the first few days then really nice. And the stars down there....
Take any photos Pru? Where exactly is Coverack?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Ers got some on her camera. Will try to stick some up when she puts them on the interweb.

Coverack is right down Lizard way. Near Helston. Fook all there and teeny roads but was nice. First holiday away together.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:Ers got some on her camera. Will try to stick some up when she puts them on the interweb.

Coverack is right down Lizard way. Near Helston. Fook all there and teeny roads but was nice. First holiday away together.
It was our first holiday as the 4 of us. Went surprisingly well! No arguments with the missus then?! ;)

Not been down that far in Cornwall before, is it nice? Much to do?

Went to St Ives last year and my abiding memory is sunbathing on the beach feeling like a basking whale, pregnant with the twins. We didn't especially like Newquay (very touristy) but St Ives and Padstow are lovely

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Can you fook off to Facebook and put 'em on your "wall", :-)

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Just back from Mexico.... pissed it down tropical style for most of the fortnight... though that did mean I got my money's worth in the all inclusive - including optics on the wall of the hotel room free of charge!!

:pray:
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:Just got back from Cornwall with Ms Prufrock. Her parents have a house down in Coverack so we stayed there
Does that fit comfortably with your principles?
Sto ut Serviam

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Great photos GG. Chesil beach looks fabulous. I've had two long weekends in the Lakes planned. One to do the marathon and one to try camping for the 1st time. Of course, it was the hottest day of the year for the marathon, so I'm confidently predicting i'll be putting the tent up in a blizzard next week :hang:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Great photos GG. Chesil beach looks fabulous. I've had two long weekends in the Lakes planned. One to do the marathon and one to try camping for the 1st time. Of course, it was the hottest day of the year for the marathon, so I'm confidently predicting i'll be putting the tent up in a blizzard next week :hang:
:D Blizzards in July! Good luck with the camping, if the weather is good you should have a lovely time. I haven't been for ages but would like to go again, perhaps when the twins are a tad older. How have you managed to never camp before?! Are you only a youngster?!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Great photos GG. Chesil beach looks fabulous. I've had two long weekends in the Lakes planned. One to do the marathon and one to try camping for the 1st time. Of course, it was the hottest day of the year for the marathon, so I'm confidently predicting i'll be putting the tent up in a blizzard next week :hang:
:D Blizzards in July! Good luck with the camping, if the weather is good you should have a lovely time. I haven't been for ages but would like to go again, perhaps when the twins are a tad older. How have you managed to never camp before?! Are you only a youngster?!
Ha! I wish! Always had enough money to pay for a B&B in the past :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Ha! I wish! Always had enough money to pay for a B&B in the past :D
Well i did think it unlikely given most people on this forum are old enough to be drawing their pension ;)

Camping should be done for the experience regardless of whether you can afford a B&B! Be interesting to see what you make of it! Report back?!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:48 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Just got back from Cornwall with Ms Prufrock. Her parents have a house down in Coverack so we stayed there
Does that fit comfortably with your principles?

Like a glove. A comfy nice glove.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Good lad

I knew you'd grow out of that silly little phase
Sto ut Serviam

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Good lad

He's started putting 'left' in quotation marks also, I've noticed... :shock:

steviewander
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by steviewander » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Isle of Man is the place to go.

Absolutely amazing over there, everyone is so polite and happy and t is brilliant.
No graffiti. Beautiful.
Far better than here.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:02 pm

I only ever went to the Isle of Man once...

I bet I'm not the only person ever to say that...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:21 pm

William the White wrote:

If by started, you mean, did once. And that was to refer to folk who define their lives by being from the 'left', as a lifestyle choice. Instead of coming to their own decision about things and then realising there is a pattern to their own views.

Anyway. I see no problem with individuals aspiring to have nice things. Or in enjoying nice things. I also believe in fair, progressive taxation, the protection of public services, social mobility and justice. They are hardly mutually exclusive. Not everyone who believes in social justice wants, or even thinks we all have to, live in a hut with hippies and eat potatoes all the time.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
William the White wrote:

If by started, you mean, did once. And that was to refer to folk who define their lives by being from the 'left', as a lifestyle choice. Instead of coming to their own decision about things and then realising there is a pattern to their own views.

Anyway. I see no problem with individuals aspiring to have nice things. Or in enjoying nice things. I also believe in fair, progressive taxation, the protection of public services, social mobility and justice. They are hardly mutually exclusive. Not everyone who believes in social justice wants, or even thinks we all have to, live in a hut with hippies and eat potatoes all the time.
Definition of 'started' I reckon. Don't understand the rest of that first paragraph... I don't think it can possibly mean what it seems to mean...

Most of the second I agree with pretty much all the way. And practise!

What does the last sentence mean?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:52 pm

He's playing to the chief heckler, thats all.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:10 am

"Well hello boys"

:mrgreen: