The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:32 pm

Thanks guys. Need to step it up to 10k again regularly now but you’re right LE, I need to incorporate some speed work now too and mix it up a bit. Was saying so to my running partner as we ran past a hill we used to do some sprints up. Your idea is a good one though, will give it a go. And GTE, unless it’s a short sprint that ends in a pit then no, no I don’t! But I have to run because I eat so much crap. :oops:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:51 am

My hip and back is much better since I've taken to lying on a golf ball and rolling around.
Digs in and releases the muscle and indulges my penchant for s&m.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:51 am
My hip and back is much better since I've taken to lying on a golf ball and rolling around.
I bet Mrs LE to be can barely contain herself at the sight... :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 am
LeverEnd wrote:
I've got Mrs LE's big knobbly roller thing here. I wondered why she's never asked for it back :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:21 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 am
LeverEnd wrote:
I've got Mrs LE's big knobbly roller thing here. I wondered why she's never asked for it back :D

Those things are pure feckin evil. I nearly went through the roof rolling my cramped calf over mine the other week. Can’t wait for lockdown to be over so that LE’s cousin can inflict the pain instead. 😉

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Woo hooooooo. Parkrun returns on the 5th June.

Looks like we need to start incorporating Cruella back into those training runs, Chaps. Not just yet though ;)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Looks like we need to start incorporating Cruella back into those training runs, Chaps. Not just yet though ;)
Whoop whoop! You ready for sausage BP?!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:58 pm

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:21 pm

😅😅
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:08 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Whoop whoop! You ready for sausage BP?!
Abso-fookin-lutely! Toby had better be open, as we sit separated by screens!

Really looking forward to getting back to LHP, but as Bruce says, not on those bloody hills. Interesting to see what they will do re the handling of tokens.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:02 pm

So after BP smashed his target (errr) for February, I feel like setting one for March. My core really needs some work! The superman that is GtE has said he will join me in this. Anyone else fancy giving it a go? Pretty sure some of us did this a few years back? I’m not convinced I’ll manage every day but I’m going to give it a good go. Especially days 9,18 and 27.
Attachments
E06956E7-2B66-4D3B-A21E-1C7AABEAE494.jpeg
E06956E7-2B66-4D3B-A21E-1C7AABEAE494.jpeg (707.59 KiB) Viewed 1153 times

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:02 pm
So after BP smashed his target (errr) for February, I feel like setting one for March. My core really needs some work! The superman that is GtE has said he will join me in this. Anyone else fancy giving it a go? Pretty sure some of us did this a few years back? I’m not convinced I’ll manage every day but I’m going to give it a good go. Especially days 9,18 and 27.
Count me in, lockdown coupled with living a two minute walk from a quite amazing bakery has destroyed any core strength I had.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Count me in, lockdown coupled with living a two minute walk from a quite amazing bakery has destroyed any core strength I had.
Great stuff. Our legendary village bakery shut down over a year ago but a new one is opening up on the village high street in mid March, less then 5 minutes walk from my house. Could be dangerous.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:

You’re already there with the crunchies! Oh sorry, my mistake. 😉 What are they btw? I’ll give it a go if you tell me what they are and I can do them.You may have to remind me/give me a nudge, because I will forget! Am I going to lose my beer gut and be able to run faster if I complete this? 🤔

I managed 16k of my 75k target. :oops: 2/10 must do better! Not setting any targets this month, I’m just going to run as much and as far as I possibly can.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

You’re already there with the crunchies! Oh sorry, my mistake. 😉 What are they btw? I’ll give it a go if you tell me what they are and I can do them.You may have to remind me/give me a nudge, because I will forget! Am I going to lose my beer gut and be able to run faster if I complete this? 🤔

I managed 16k of my 75k target. :oops: 2/10 must do better! Not setting any targets this month, I’m just going to run as much and as far as I possibly can.
Ha. You know me too well! No giving up chocolate for Lent here. :oops:

Crunches are like a half sit up, you don’t go all the way up. I may forget myself so don’t hold out for me reminding you!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Crunches are like a half sit up, you don’t go all the way up. I may forget myself so don’t hold out for me reminding you!

Ah, right. So it’s one or t’other between sit ups and crunches. Didn’t notice that at first glance. I’ll give it a go. I’m not going to strengthen my core by doing 2 x 5k runs that I usually skip anyway! If it helps my glass back, then it has to be worth the effort.Thanks for posting!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:25 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Ah, right. So it’s one or t’other between sit ups and crunches. Didn’t notice that at first glance. I’ll give it a go. I’m not going to strengthen my core by doing 2 x 5k runs that I usually skip anyway! If it helps my glass back, then it has to be worth the effort.Thanks for posting!
Oooh, good point. I assumed it was some of both but maybe you’re right, you can choose which. This you can do inside and takes 5 min! Less motivation needed then going out for a run!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:25 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Oooh, good point. I assumed it was some of both but maybe you’re right, you can choose which. This you can do inside and takes 5 min! Less motivation needed then going out for a run!

5 mins? Whose body do you think I’ll be using? 👴🏻 Takes me 10 mins to get out of bed of a morning! Better had be a choice, or I’ll end up in a wheelchair by the end of the week!

I’m hoping it’ll help motivate me, once the endorphins start to flow! That’s not gonna happen, is it? 😔

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:41 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:38 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

5 mins? Whose body do you think I’ll be using? 👴🏻 Takes me 10 mins to get out of bed of a morning! Better had be a choice, or I’ll end up in a wheelchair by the end of the week!

I’m hoping it’ll help motivate me, once the endorphins start to flow! That’s not gonna happen, is it? 😔

On the plus side, you can do these in the house (turns out crunches/squats isn’t an either/or sadly) so you won’t melt! ☔️

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:41 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:38 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:

On the plus side, you can do these in the house (turns out crunches/squats isn’t an either/or sadly) so you won’t melt! ☔️

Cheeky git! 😡

No, but it looks as though sit ups/crunches are an option, or is the chart badly formatted? I certainly won’t be doing them outside (I’d have to put my brolly down 😬). Nobody deserves to have to see me gasping for breath, whilst in tears of pain!