Boxing Fans Anyone?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Boxing Fans Anyone?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote: He said he wasn't sure he'd offer him one due to Groves "lack of respect".

Froch will retire...he won't fight Groves......
I lost a lot of respect for Froch as a bloke with the way he went about that whole 'lack of respect' business. Thought he made a prick of himself.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:08 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote: He said he wasn't sure he'd offer him one due to Groves "lack of respect".

I lost a lot of respect for Froch as a bloke with the way he went about that whole 'lack of respect' business. Thought he made a prick of himself.
Same for me as well Bruce.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:43 am

That ref has a lot to answer for, should've waited til Froch had KO'd him properly, which I have no doubt would have happened in the next 20 seconds. Froch does interview like a complete arrogant tool. I admire his guts as a fighter and just try not to listen to him now.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Froch v Groves is back on 31st May, venue to be decided.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:11 pm

jaffka wrote:Froch v Groves is back on 31st May, venue to be decided.
May actually fork out for this one this time, instead of trying to watch on a shitty stream....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:45 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
May actually fork out for this one this time, instead of trying to watch on a shitty stream....
Any news on a venue yet? If it's on in Manny again I reckon I'll try for tickets. C'mon Groves Image

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Any news on a venue yet? If it's on in Manny again I reckon I'll try for tickets. C'mon Groves Image
Froch wants Nottingham.....wouldn't mind trying to get tickets if it was Manchester.....

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
ChrisC wrote:The IBF have made Groves mandatory challenger again and a rematch will have to happen within 90 days!

Can't wait :D :D
Can see Froch bottling it.....
No chance. Never backed down to anyone and already offered Groves the rematch which he declined. Contractual reasons for the decline apparantly.
He said he wasn't sure he'd offer him one due to Groves "lack of respect".

Told ya 8)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 am

Froch v Groves....at Wembley....

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Carl Frampton fighting tonight, hope it's a solid victory for him.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Froch v Groves....at Wembley....
If Groves didn't already have a big enough advantage, a home crowd as well. Froch is going to get smashed.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:47 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Froch v Groves....at Wembley....
If Groves didn't already have a big enough advantage, a home crowd as well. Froch is going to get smashed.
6th round KO for a far less complacent Froch this time. he'll have plenty support as well.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 27, 2014 10:06 am

Been watching the build up for Froch v Groves II, I think its very clear that they don't like each other.

Froch last time round said some silly stuff but this Groves comes across as a right little pillock and I hope he gets his feckin head caved in.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm

jaffka wrote:Been watching the build up for Froch v Groves II, I think its very clear that they don't like each other.

Froch last time round said some silly stuff but this Groves comes across as a right little pillock and I hope he gets his feckin head caved in.
Can't stand Groves. Sick of hearing him crying about the stoppage in the first fight. He got his rematch so stop your feckin moaning. If he is as good as he thinks he is then he will have a nice easy night and an easy victory.

Knock his teeth down his throat please Froch 8)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 pm

ChrisC wrote:
jaffka wrote:Been watching the build up for Froch v Groves II, I think its very clear that they don't like each other.

Can't stand Groves. Sick of hearing him crying about the stoppage in the first fight. He got his rematch so stop your feckin moaning. If he is as good as he thinks he is then he will have a nice easy night and an easy victory.

Knock his teeth down his throat please Froch 8)
:oyea: brother

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:23 pm

I think Groves is in with a chance but would like to se Carl Froch put him in his place because as stated but several other forum users he is a whinging nice person.
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Tue May 27, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 27, 2014 4:23 pm

If there's a bigger pair of wankers in boxing you'll need to point them out to me.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:If there's a bigger pair of wankers in boxing you'll need to point them out to me.
Froch is allowed to be a wanker :lol: He has took on and battered some quality fighters.

Groves has a long way to go before he is allowed to be a wanker 8)

Looking forward to seeing Anthony Joshua on the under card. Watched him in all his professional fights so far. Won all 5 by KO within two rounds. Big things to come in the future for him if he progresses as he should in the heavyweight division.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 27, 2014 6:15 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:If there's a bigger pair of wankers in boxing you'll need to point them out to me.
Froch is allowed to be a wanker :lol: He has took on and battered some quality fighters.

Groves has a long way to go before he is allowed to be a wanker 8)

Looking forward to seeing Anthony Joshua on the under card. Watched him in all his professional fights so far. Won all 5 by KO within two rounds. Big things to come in the future for him if he progresses as he should in the heavyweight division.
You don't have to look very far.

Haye and Chisora were probably in front of these two on the wankers stakes for me.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Froch is way down the list in the boxing wanker stakes, but has blotted his copybook in this whole saga. He's certainly let groves get to him and had ended up looking like a bit of a dick. Contrast that with the mutual respect between him and Kessler for example and he seems a different guy.
Although he's let Groves wind him up, I expect him to win fairly comfortably in the 2nd half of the fight. Groves missed his very slim chance for me. The ref did Froch more of a disservice by not letting him finish the guy off, which I have no doubt he would have.
I'm with ChrisC, Froch deserves the be cut some slack for what has gone before, tremendous gutsy fighter who has been massively underappreciated.