thebish's TW blood-o-swing-ometer

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: thebish's TW blood-o-swing-ometer

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Cheers Clapton. Can't believe how effortless and fast it all was. Booked in again for Dec 18th.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Dead easy - nothing to it :D Put me in for a pint, Bish.

I'm taking no chances though - currently replenishing all that lost energy with cod and chips from Chow's, washed down with a can of D&B :oyea:
yay - well done Brucey!! :D will tot up the current total when my brain is back working...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Cheers Clapton. Can't believe how effortless and fast it all was. Booked in again for Dec 18th.
Well done sir, told you it was easy. :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Well done Bruce!

Really ought to get my arse in gear and do it myself!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Well done Bruce!

Really ought to get my arse in gear and do it myself!

I thnk they prefer it out of your arm. Perhaps you misheard? :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 am

Oh! So that's why they looked confused last time I went in, pulled my panties down and bent over! :conf:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Oh! So that's why they looked confused last time I went in, pulled my panties down and bent over! :conf:
I wake up all warm and suffused after having dreams like that
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:09 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Oh! So that's why they looked confused last time I went in, pulled my panties down and bent over! :conf:

:shock: erm. :oops:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Sorry GtE! TMI?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 am

Cheers guys - but it really is no more hassle than going for a haircut (as I recall :oops: ) I know I'm Good King Virtuous (© Thebish) just now, but it really is something that we should all be doing.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Sorry GtE! TMI?!

More the imagery. I typed a massively inappropriate message and then just decide to be alone with my thoughts for a while.

Other than that, erm, fnaarrr! Woot! Woot! :twisted:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Cheers guys - but it really is no more hassle than going for a haircut (as I recall :oops: ) I know I'm Good King Virtuous (© Thebish) just now, but it really is something that we should all be doing.

Ok GKV I'm reminded to enquire about platelet donation now. I'll let you know.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:55 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Sorry GtE! TMI?!

More the imagery. I typed a massively inappropriate message and then just decide to be alone with my thoughts for a while.

:D

In actual fact, though i am on the bone marrow registry (which i'd recommend you all to do but you have to be quite young so you lot won't qualify ;) ) i have never given blood and really need to get on and do it. (NB i put initially put 'crack on' then but thought that might fuel more arse jokes so changed it!) Am not nervous about it, its just one of those things i need to find out where and when and book in - sans toddlers clinging to my legs.

*And i promise to offer my arm and not my backside! :mrgreen:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Sorry GtE! TMI?!

:D

In actual fact, though i am on the bone marrow registry (which i'd recommend you all to do but you have to be quite young so you lot won't qualify ;) ) i have never given blood and really need to get on and do it. (NB i put initially put 'crack on' then but thought that might fuel more arse jokes so changed it!) Am not nervous about it, its just one of those things i need to find out where and when and book in - sans toddlers clinging to my legs.

*And i promise to offer my arm and not my backside! :mrgreen:
Go to blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23

And for your information I've been on the Anthony Nolan bone marrow register for about 15 years. But you're right you can only register if you are under 40.

I had one close shave where I was called in for blood tests as a possible match and they ended up using a family member.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Next one near me is friday 5th October (afternoon) I could go before work as Mr GG will be home to look after the kids but how long does it take, and is there a wait before you get going? - and would i be able to teach on a hot poolside on my feet for 2 and a half hours after without feeling faint straight after?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 pm

From stepping foot in the place to me leaving took 45 mins, and that included my assessment before hand and a brew and a Penguin afterwards. Don't know if it's different for different people but I felt absolutely no different when they'd finished to how I did beforehand.

Given your level of responsibility though, and that your job requires some physical exertion, they might not be too chuffed about you going to work straight after.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Next one near me is friday 5th October (afternoon) I could go before work as Mr GG will be home to look after the kids but how long does it take, and is there a wait before you get going? - and would i be able to teach on a hot poolside on my feet for 2 and a half hours after without feeling faint straight after?!
In and out within one hour.

So long as you aren't exercising you'll be fine. Drink plenty of water beforehand and sip constantly afterwards.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Next one near me is friday 5th October (afternoon) I could go before work as Mr GG will be home to look after the kids but how long does it take, and is there a wait before you get going? - and would i be able to teach on a hot poolside on my feet for 2 and a half hours after without feeling faint straight after?!
In and out within one hour.

So long as you aren't exercising you'll be fine. Drink plenty of water beforehand and sip constantly afterwards.
Not exercising, just constantly walking round the pool side, bending down, standing up, demo-ing with arms. Only time i have ever felt faint at work is the summer when i was about 35 weeks pregnant with the twins.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Tick another one up.

Actually it was a bit of a pain today (not literally) instead of its usual smooth operation. I had a 2pm appointment but only got to the finger pricking bit at 2.35 and then past the next queue and onto the bed at 2.55pm. The attending nurse then screwed the bags up and clicked something she shouldn't have done so had to start over again getting copies of all the paperwork. And then I stopped bleeding! Never happened before but half way though the flow just stopped. They kick started me but I was on the bed for 50 minutes altogether. One fainter at the tea and biscuits stage and another that wouldn't stop bleeding despite copious bits of cloth draped all over him.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Oh, they wrote to me saying that my appointment on 18 Dec has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control. Hope it isn't my blood then? :(