Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:56 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:48 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Imagine having a government so awful that they have to be shamed into not letting kids go hungry. Its truly abysmal times.
Disgusting, yes, but that's been happening forever. We didn't have school meals because our parents couldn't afford them. What were our alternatives when your dad was a labourer and you mother worked in the mill, a meat and potato pie cut in three and a slice of bread? There were none.My dad was at Trafford Park lunching off a Spam or Salmon paste sandwich meanwhile. Life didn't start in 2000.
We're in 2020 - the PM is spending almost a million quid to redecorate his plane Austin Powers style. And the housing secretary just managed to do a dodgy deal to save a Tory donor £50M. As Pru says the cost for free school meals continuing over the summer was chickenfeed in reality. It was a non argument when the government are happy to bail out certain businesses at a far greater cost.

We need to get our priorities straight - sadly I can see precious little sign of that happening.
Yep, like looking after our own first before spending billions on overseas aid you mean?
They’d be money for both if the government didn’t have their priorities so screwed.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:35 am

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 am

Yep, like looking after our own first before spending billions on overseas aid you mean?
Yeah, home first always, Hobes..a bit like North Korea or one of those happy, prosperous, organised countries, for example. Get your own house in order first hey? Others will surely follow....won't they? Meanwhile....Is Anus Horribilis actually ending on the home front ? We can but hope it is. Say your prayers brother, it's a start.
ae:)

:wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.