Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:42 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Dujon wrote:Re: Lost mutts:

You'll probably find, TANGO, that the eighty quid covers micro-chipping and de-sexing plus a general health check. It does here anyroad.
That wasn't my point, Dujon. To pass the cost on to the owner (and I presume they only do this micro-chipping etc after the claim) simply encourages owners to abandon the animal and I gather that may be a death sentence.
That's what I'mafraid of Monty. It looks to be a mongrel, pretty much like this one.

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 am

[Monty] You are undoubtedly correct. My point was that if one pops down to the local pound, or veterinarian, in order to select a pooch (or cat) to join your household then the bills have to be paid. I suppose that previously micro chipped animals - even those already desexed - would have their 'owners' identified but have either moved or died or couldn't give a . . .

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:46 am

Same thing happened to me last year Tango, I posted on here at the time. I did the responsible thing and handed it to the dog warden, who then took it to Leigh cats & dogs home. We called there a week later because we were thinking of adopting it ourselves. They were asking £100 for it. Fortunately, we found out much later on that it had gone to a good home.

Have heard that some pounds put dogs down after a certain length of time but not sure how true that is :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:03 pm

A few years ago I found a mongrel wandering down the road one Sunday morning.

I slipped off my belt and made a noose for it with the intention of taking it to the owner but there was no tag. As soon as I opened my front door it ran staright upstairs which I thought was a bit odd.

I 'phoned the local police station to report a lost dog and they said ''Is it a golden retreiver?'' I said ''yes, how did you know?''

They said the owner had just reported it and would I like them to pick it up from my house? I asked who the owners were and they said they were substitute landlord and landlady of the local boozer (which is why the dog ran upstairs).

I offered to take the dog round myself and in their gratitude was rewarded with a slap up Sunday Lunch for me and the missus, and a couple of pints. Niiiiice.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Same thing happened to me last year Tango, I posted on here at the time. I did the responsible thing and handed it to the dog warden, who then took it to Leigh cats & dogs home. We called there a week later because we were thinking of adopting it ourselves. They were asking £100 for it. Fortunately, we found out much later on that it had gone to a good home.Have heard that some pounds put dogs down after a certain length of time but not sure how true that is :conf:
A 'farm' was it? :wink:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:38 am

I've decided that I might like to try out rugby at the ripe old age of 25. I've only ever played league before, and that's barely.

Is this a good idea or am I doomed to fail/die?

Is this what a mid life crisis feels like?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 pm

mrkint wrote:I've decided that I might like to try out rugby at the ripe old age of 25. I've only ever played league before, and that's barely.

Don't. It hurts, proper pain and everything. and you'd probably look stupid with cauliflower ears - most people do.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 pm

mrkint wrote:I've decided that I might like to try out rugby at the ripe old age of 25. I've only ever played league before, and that's barely.

As LLS said....it'll hurt, lots..

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Quarter-life crisis, then.

I think it started when I realised the VIP entrance to clubs was just queuing from a different side.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:27 pm

mrkint wrote:Quarter-life crisis, then.

I think it started when I realised the VIP entrance to clubs was just queuing from a different side.

In the nineties when I was going through a similair crisis I took up American Football as I thought it involved less running 'cos you could throw the ball forwards and that.

I lasted one training session with the Enfield Bullets and retired through ill health. I have never been hit so hard in all my life and 'sacked' so many times I considered putting sponsorship on the soles of my boots. My friend, who joined with me, persevered as he had dreams of being a quarterback. But even he quit at the ripe old age of 27 (two years later) citing it was a 'young man's game'.

My advice is forget the contact stuff. Go for something more genteel. Like running. :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

In the nineties when I was going through a similair crisis I took up American Football as I thought it involved less running 'cos you could throw the ball forwards and that.

I lasted one training session with the Enfield Bullets and retired through ill health. I have never been hit so hard in all my life and 'sacked' so many times I considered putting sponsorship on the soles of my boots. My friend, who joined with me, persevered as he had dreams of being a quarterback. But even he quit at the ripe old age of 27 (two years later) citing it was a 'young man's game'.

My advice is forget the contact stuff. Go for something more genteel. Like running. :D
In fact forget 'sports' altogether - admit it, you're getting old: try knitting, just watch out for the sharp pointy bits.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

In fact forget 'sports' altogether - admit it, you're getting old: try knitting, just watch out for the sharp pointy bits.
Better still, get a proper pint glass with handle and dimples. You know, the heavy ones. Fill it with beer and drink. You'll have toned arms in no time. Play darts at the same time and there is your walking. A complete workout routine whilst at the pub :pissed:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote: Better still, get a proper pint glass with handle and dimples. You know, the heavy ones. Fill it with beer and drink. You'll have toned arms in no time. Play darts at the same time and there is your walking. A complete workout routine whilst at the pub :pissed:
Sage advice from the twin there, Kinty. Then you can step it up by going getting the ale in more often. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote: Better still, get a proper pint glass with handle and dimples. You know, the heavy ones. Fill it with beer and drink. You'll have toned arms in no time. Play darts at the same time and there is your walking. A complete workout routine whilst at the pub :pissed:
Sage advice from the twin there, Kinty. Then you can step it up by going getting the ale in more often. ;)
:lol:

And to keep your mind active play Dominoes on Tuesdays...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Aye, but he'll have to be ordering a lager in a barrel glass, and that just isn't right!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:45 pm

I reckon it's a sound idea. Most Clubs have at least three senior teams to fit your own particular style of drinking and dedication, from just the 10 pints after the game on a Saturday to "better have a quick whiskey before the game on a Saturday."

You won't understand mid-life crisis at least until you make a beeline for the girl half your age and it's all legal.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 am

In Asda last night, selecting deodarant, I couldn't help noticing this stuff. L'oreal (men experts, apparently) 48 hour deodorant. Which minging, unwashed feck* requires a deodorant to last for that long? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 am

Do they do a 7 day one yet?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Do they do a 7 day one yet?

Apparently so. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 3238,d.ZG4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:vomit:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:Do they do a 7 day one yet?

Apparently so. http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 3238,d.ZG4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:vomit:
Awesome I won't have to leave the pub. Ta.