Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Dujon wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I've woke up to find that I've got a load of little red spots on my legs. Nowhere else, just on my legs. More on my calves than my thighs. WTF? :conf:
Just a silly quip Annoyed Grunt.
No worries, I'm not the PC police.
You're not the TV police either :P
May the bridges I burn light your way

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Dujon wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I've woke up to find that I've got a load of little red spots on my legs. Nowhere else, just on my legs. More on my calves than my thighs. WTF? :conf:
Just a silly quip Annoyed Grunt.
No worries, I'm not the PC police.
You're not the TV police either :P
Quiet you! :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 am

Told you I was poorly - they've sent me home from work. Full blown man flu. Aching from top to toe. Every time I cough feels like a wrecking ball to the chest. Still, Jeremy Kyle in HD :D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Thanks for the stout advice, Chaps, but they've pretty much gone now. Am wondering if they're anything to do with Friday and Saturday evenings over-indulgances? :oops:

Vitamin C deficiency?

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Small_red_d ... tml?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hmm, could be. Cheers, Gary, I'll get some Vit C tabs (as opposed to fannying about with oranges) and see how it goes :oyea:
You'd be better off with broccoloi and spinach than either of those two. And red peppers and rose hip syrup and loads of other shit.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
You'd be better off with broccoloi and spinach than either of those two. And red peppers and rose hip syrup and loads of other shit.
They've gone now, Chef. A week in the sunshine seems to have seen them off. It also seems to have sorted out the spot of psoriasis on my elbows. :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:30 pm

I think really high doses of vitamnin C have been clinically shown to boost an immune system sufficiently to fight off a cold. However, that only works if you take the vit C before you get any symptoms. ie within a day or so of contracting the virus. Hence before you know you've got one.....

I think once you've got a cold/flu vitamin C is useless (assuming your daily recommended intake of it is being intaken :) save for perhaps a placebo effect......

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Zinc, not vitamin c, is what ypou take to stop a cold. Vitamin C does f*ck all for it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Zinc, not vitamin c, is what ypou take to stop a cold. Vitamin C does f*ck all for it.
Yeah think I must have mis-remembered and confused zinc and vit c.

However, I'd not be pouring high doses of zinc down myself any time soon, cold or not....

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
They've gone now, Chef. A week in the sunshine seems to have seen them off. It also seems to have sorted out the spot of psoriasis on my elbows. :conf:

Responds well to UV light. Mine clears up on holiday too.

I get Psoriatic lesions on my legs and arms sometimes. I don't wash with perfumed soaps (use Simple Soap/ Shower Gel) and I use an Emulsifying ointment on my face.

If the lesions are particularly itchy I use a hydrocortisone cream prescribed by the doctor but a milder, over the counter, one would probably be okay for you.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Responds well to UV light. Mine clears up on holiday too.

I get Psoriatic lesions on my legs and arms sometimes. I don't wash with perfumed soaps (use Simple Soap/ Shower Gel) and I use an Emulsifying ointment on my face.

If the lesions are particularly itchy I use a hydrocortisone cream prescribed by the doctor but a milder, over the counter, one would probably be okay for you.
Sorry, mate, I missed this. I have some stuff from the doc's called Dovobet Gel which manages it without actually curing it. Tried OTC stuff, absolute shite, man.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:23 pm

The Titanic. Terrible disaster and all that, but why do television companies seem to want to celebrate it above all others? Don't see them running any Lockerbie specials do you? There's summat on Channel 5 right now!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:31 pm

There's a cruise that's retracing the route the Titanic took. I look forward to the memorial 9/11 flights.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:There's a cruise that's retracing the route the Titanic took. I look forward to the memorial 9/11 flights.
Are they sending The Herald of Free Enterprise?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Costa Concordia, I think.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:58 pm

A very long time ago I thought 'Titanic, sad, but no emotional impact on me'. I've avoided the whole schjmozzle about it ... not easy, btw, at the pace of the current bllx about it.

So, never saw the Winslett film, nor the Lew Grade one, watched no documentary about it in the past 30yrs & kept away from the current hype.

Hopefully that'll be it for a few decades once this weeks out of the way.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:46 pm

That said, I find it impossible not to think, every time I'm in Belfast and looking out to Harland and Woolff's yard, that they built the Titanic there!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:The Titanic. Terrible disaster and all that, but why do television companies seem to want to celebrate it above all others? Don't see them running any Lockerbie specials do you? There's summat on Channel 5 right now!
Perhaps the 100th anniversary is seen as special as opposed to the 24th for Lockerbie...?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:The Titanic. Terrible disaster and all that, but why do television companies seem to want to celebrate it above all others? Don't see them running any Lockerbie specials do you? There's summat on Channel 5 right now!
Perhaps the 100th anniversary is seen as special as opposed to the 24th for Lockerbie...?
There's something on about it every other week. You Canadians and your icebergs. :P

But my point remains - no disaster, be it Lockerbie, Zeebrugge or whatever receives the endless hours of TV time, re-enactments and so on.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
There's something on about it every other week. You Canadians and your icebergs. :P

But my point remains - no disaster, be it Lockerbie, Zeebrugge or whatever receives the endless hours of TV time, re-enactments and so on.
As I have mentioned elsewhere, it was a Greenland iceberg near Newfoundland - nothing to do with we Canadians. On the main point I guess there have been many airplane disasters and they don't stand out so much. When the big ship went down it was an incredibly dramatic story and remains so in the minds of many. IIRC correctly, unlike the Costa Concordia and other modern shipping disasters they really did believe in women and children first.

Edit: Just looked up the figures. Only 1 child of 30 in first and second class were lost, 17 of 230 women in those classes, and 3 of 23 women crew. In third class the fatality rate was higher for women (54%) and children (66%), but male figures in all classes were higher including 78% of the male crew.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
As I have mentioned elsewhere, it was a Greenland iceberg near Newfoundland
Yeah, yeah, yeah ;) Newfoundland = Canadian, and if a ball turns up in my garden, it's mine!