Summer Holidays

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Summer Holidays

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Where is everyone off to this year then?

Off to Egypt, end of July/begining of August. Bit of a later one this year, we normally go end May/begining June.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Summer Holidays

Post by clapton is god » Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Normally go to a Greek island but that's off the agenda this year. Instead I've got a walking holiday through the Lakes in three weeks and then a family holiday in Devon in August. I'll miss the two weeks on the beach but it'll be reet.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 14, 2012 2:12 pm

It's my last proper summer off. Finish uni in 4 weeks, then start work at the end of July so trying to make the most of it. Off to New York for a few days, then to Barcelona and Catalunia for a bit later on. Inbetween all that I'm moving up to Carlisle.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon May 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Having a week off in Liverpool now, grass cutting, hedge clipping and watching All Star Family Fortunes. I'll probably be doing the same in July. :|

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 14, 2012 2:24 pm

We've just been told that we all have to take a week off within the next six weeks. Might just chuck my tent and hiking boots and head off. Anyone any ideas of where I should head off to? I'm thinking of maybe Skye.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon May 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:We've just been told that we all have to take a week off within the next six weeks. Might just chuck my tent and hiking boots and head off. Anyone any ideas of where I should head off to? I'm thinking of maybe Skye.
Pack lots of midge spray. It's beautiful though. The Kyles of Bute are stunning too, as is Ardnamurchan.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:We've just been told that we all have to take a week off within the next six weeks. Might just chuck my tent and hiking boots and head off. Anyone any ideas of where I should head off to? I'm thinking of maybe Skye.
Pack lots of midge spray. It's beautiful though. The Kyles of Bute are stunning too, as is Ardnamurchan.
I'll check them out. Cheers, LGM.

I think I must taste rubbish though, because I was advised to take midge repellent last year when I went to Mull and the year before when I went to Islay, and never had any problem with them. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Somewhere Caribbean way, probably in June/July.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Where is everyone off to this year then?

Off to Egypt, end of July/begining of August. Bit of a later one this year, we normally go end May/begining June.

holidays all taken up with moving house this year - so no summer holiday... :?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 14, 2012 3:21 pm

thebish wrote:

Do both like me. It's gonna be ace 8)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 14, 2012 3:23 pm

jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:

it's gonna be "days out" - which will include romping out onto Dartmoor - and visiting places around Torquay and south Devon - which is where many people go on holiday anyway - so - will be a BIT of a holiday...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 14, 2012 3:26 pm

thebish wrote:
jimbo wrote:
thebish wrote:

it's gonna be "days out" - which will include romping out onto Dartmoor - and visiting places around Torquay and south Devon - which is where many people go on holiday anyway - so - will be a BIT of a holiday...
I live in Blackpool, so life's a holiday! :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon May 14, 2012 4:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Somewhere Caribbean way, probably in June/July.
I don't really understand you and the Annoyed Grunt. You've both picked great destinations but I query the time of year chosen - Egypt and the Caribbean are bloody hot in the Summer, but great winter destinations. Oh well, mad dogs and Englishmen....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon May 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Wales.

this could be the first year in my life i havent jetted off abroad somewhere. fecking potless. i always thought the older you got the more secure you become? not friggin me.

im more gutted for the little'un tbh. she would absolutely love it now in pool all day, kiddies discos, ice cream etc.

maybe next year...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 14, 2012 4:15 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Wales.
this could be the first year in my life i havent jetted off abroad somewhere. fecking potless. i always thought the older you got the more secure you become? not friggin me.

im more gutted for the little'un tbh. she would absolutely love it now in pool all day, kiddies discos, ice cream etc.

maybe next year...
You could bob by mine. I'll fill up a paddling pool & put the old slide into it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Very rarely go abroad or away in summer . Partly its the job, but mostly I don't understand how people can get through the godawful, miserable, interminable winters here without several breaks, after they've used up their holiday entitlement in summer. It might not be brilliant, but we get planty of daylight and the odd nice day between may and september usually.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon May 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Spain in August for 2 and a half weeks...had to pay for a flight for the little un this time, and i bet she'll expect to be fed and watered while we're there too, so it's going to be a dear one, i think annual holidays abroad might become every two years from now on.
Last edited by ohjimmyjimmy on Mon May 14, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I don't really understand you and the Annoyed Grunt. You've both picked great destinations but I query the time of year chosen - Egypt and the Caribbean are bloody hot in the Summer, but great winter destinations. Oh well, mad dogs and Englishmen....
Hotter the better. Long as there is no hurricane!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon May 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
School holidays and all that....not allowed to take them out in term time.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Very rarely go abroad or away in summer . Partly its the job, but mostly I don't understand how people can get through the godawful, miserable, interminable winters here without several breaks, after they've used up their holiday entitlement in summer. It might not be brilliant, but we get planty of daylight and the odd nice day between may and september usually.
It's a good point. But usually hard to do without missing games, unless you're clever and go in an international break, but we're never that organised!