Summer Holidays

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Summer Holidays

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 pm

We're skint so cheap accomodation on the Isle of Wight for us this year - if theres anything left by the time i pull my finger out and book it...

Restricted to school holidays and paying more, purely cos i work a couple of afternoons a week teaching...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Having a week off in Liverpool now, grass cutting, hedge clipping and watching All Star Family Fortunes. I'll probably be doing the same in July. :|
Are you Gary Megson? :shock:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue May 15, 2012 12:18 am

For the fifth year on the run, Portugal, in the smallest place on the Algarve, in the same apartment looking out twenty yards to the beach and only a little further to the Atlantic ocean.

There is nothing to do in this place, but laze on the brill beach, swim (more accurately, float), eat the world's freshest fish, drink brill Portuguese wine and read as many novels as i can stuff into 13 nights and days...

This time being joined by a couple of American friends... Which will be nice. We see each other about every seven years and always enjoy...

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 am

William the White wrote:For the fifth year on the run, Portugal, in the smallest place on the Algarve, in the same apartment looking out twenty yards to the beach and only a little further to the Atlantic ocean.

There is nothing to do in this place, but laze on the brill beach, swim (more accurately, float), eat the world's freshest fish, drink brill Portuguese wine and read as many novels as i can stuff into 13 nights and days...

This time being joined by a couple of American friends... Which will be nice. We see each other about every seven years and always enjoy...
I've got 6 books lined up so far for my hols, our apartment has a private roof terrace overlooking the med, 50 yards from the beach, there's a supermarket round the corner which sells wine from a Euro a bottle, and we've got about 20 tapas bars within a 3 mile radius...it's going to be a bitch :P

I forgot who posted it now but thanks to whoever for the 'Jumpers for Goalposts' book recommendation, which is on my holiday reading list.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Having a week off in Liverpool now, grass cutting, hedge clipping and watching All Star Family Fortunes. I'll probably be doing the same in July. :|
Are you Gary Megson? :shock:
I am. My horse Tiara and I are just biding our time for the inevitable call from a fallen-on-hard-times ex-Premier League club struggling to come to terms with the hurly-burly of the Championship...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue May 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Booked a long weekend in Carmarthaenshire but this summer is looking a tad barren :(

Looks like the girlfriend's lad is away for a week in October, so it'll either be the Eastern Algarve, tiny village near the coast, lazing, drinking Sagres and cooking sardines for tea or if my contract gets extended, then possibly Borneo or wherever we can get a cheap deal.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Just booked New York. Ace.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 16, 2012 6:32 am

Last bit of freedom between finishing Uni and entering the real world full time in September. Flying to Boston the day after my last exam few days there, then off to New York, Philly, Baltimore (just to see if it's really like The Wire and they've got a bust of Frank Zappa there), DC, then a bit of a road trip around West Virginia (mostly inspired by the John Denver song) then to Knoxville, then finally Orlando to use up a couple of 5 day passes with a day left on each at Disneyland originally from '99 (my dad insists they're still valid but we'll see about that) before flying back home. Then one last week of getting merry at University, the Stone Roses gig, then in August a couple of weeks in Italy with some time in the village with family and some time on the beach.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 16, 2012 8:48 am

Beefheart wrote:Last bit of freedom between finishing Uni and entering the real world full time in September. Flying to Boston the day after my last exam few days there, then off to New York, Philly, Baltimore (just to see if it's really like The Wire and they've got a bust of Frank Zappa there), DC, then a bit of a road trip around West Virginia (mostly inspired by the John Denver song) then to Knoxville then finally Orlando to use up a couple of 5 day passes with a day left on each at Disneyland originally from '99 (my dad insists they're still valid but we'll see about that) before flying back home. Then one last week of getting merry at University, the Stone Roses gig, then in August a couple of weeks in Italy with some time in the village with family and some time on the beach.
Jealous. Insanely. On all counts.
:cry:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 16, 2012 12:09 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Last bit of freedom between finishing Uni and entering the real world full time in September. Flying to Boston the day after my last exam few days there, then off to New York, Philly, Baltimore (just to see if it's really like The Wire and they've got a bust of Frank Zappa there), DC, then a bit of a road trip around West Virginia (mostly inspired by the John Denver song) then to Knoxville then finally Orlando to use up a couple of 5 day passes with a day left on each at Disneyland originally from '99 (my dad insists they're still valid but we'll see about that) before flying back home. Then one last week of getting merry at University, the Stone Roses gig, then in August a couple of weeks in Italy with some time in the village with family and some time on the beach.
Jealous. Insanely. On all counts.
:cry:
I can't wait!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Whereabouts in Italy you going?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Whereabouts in Italy you going?
The village we'll be going to is in Avellino, not exactly where on the coast we are going.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Just scooted round the centre on google maps...looks shabby, chaotic & beatiful, like most Italian towns.
Very jealous :)

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Just scooted round the centre on google maps...looks shabby, chaotic & beatiful, like most Italian towns.
Very jealous :)
The actual village itself is called San Sossio, couple of thousand people and maybe 3 or 4 churches! Madness!

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed May 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Cool just had a stroll round San Sossio on Google Maps / Street View, looks a nice little place !

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed May 16, 2012 1:58 pm

I haven't been on holiday for 10 years, summer or any other season. :(
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed May 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Beefheart wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Whereabouts in Italy you going?
The village we'll be going to is in Avellino, not exactly where on the coast we are going.
cool! thats where Tony Soprano hails from!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 16, 2012 2:39 pm

No holidays this year. Not looking forward to August here. 50c and near 100% humidity :shock:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed May 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Sicily for me. And a weekend playing in a golf tournament/piss up in Germany.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 16, 2012 3:00 pm

None.. Feckin' baby..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"