creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Great game at the death and we needed another over to win it. Unfortunately, we didn't. Heroic innings from Sam Curran and the lower order after we looked to have no chance after the front liners got skittled. So near......
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:57 pm
Great game at the death and we needed another over to win it. Unfortunately, we didn't. Heroic innings from Sam Curran and the lower order after we looked to have no chance after the front liners got skittled. So near......
Superb effort. Just needed one of the middle order to have had more time in the middle, Buttler ideally in form and we’d have cruised this. We’d have won all three if Archer had played too.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 pm

Ben Stokes out of action for 12? weeks with a fractured finger. That IS bad news...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:50 pm

It is, but rather now than just before the Ashes. :-)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:18 pm

Urgh. I’ve got to coach and umpire cricket this term at work despite the fact that rounders is a wayyyy better sport that they could be playing.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:22 pm

Ooof. We needed that wicket. NZ 58 for 1 with the openers looking set to dig in.

That wicket looks very green to me btw.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:50 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:22 pm
Ooof. We needed that wicket. NZ 58 for 1 with the openers looking set to dig in.

Good toss to win as it looks flat to me. But Jimmy has knocked over Williamson. So we're in the game.

Our batting though to me is very inexperienced.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:50 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:22 pm

Good toss to win as it looks flat to me. But Jimmy has knocked over Williamson. So we're in the game.

Our batting though to me is very inexperienced.
Not seen it but it sounds like Williams has made a dog's dinner of an innocuous ball, playing it on after playing at it late and straight.

Yes, once again I'm completely reliant on our selectors knowing a darn site more about our batting side than I do.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:26 pm

Just seen Williams' shot. Very poor.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:45 pm

Is there an agenda to Nicholls' glacially slow, Boycott-esque run rate? One run every fifth ball from a number five? :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:45 pm
Is there an agenda to Nicholls' glacially slow, Boycott-esque run rate? One run every fifth ball from a number five? :conf:
Good cricket if he's still there at the end of the day though isn't it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:56 pm

246 for 3 at stumps. Either N.Z are halfway to a winning score or we'll get a grip and keep it catchable. Not easy to say much with the weather forecast uncertain and our team likewise.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:03 pm

Classic 3 down @ 3 an over for D1. Ideally you might want 280, but suspect they'll be happy with that. No mugs, these days.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:56 pm

Well I rather suspect that’s the last we will see of Ollie Robinson after what was looking like a promising debut.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:56 pm
Well I rather suspect that’s the last we will see of Ollie Robinson after what was looking like a promising debut.
For reasons best known to themselves, someone's decided to trawl through the guy's tweets over the past 10 years, going back as far as when he was a teenager, found a couple of admittedly stupid and highly regrettable remarks he's made, but then chosen the occasion of the lad's test debut to drag them out into the light.
I'll be honest, I have more of a problem with someone who's so vindictive and so mean of spirit that they're prepared to go to any lengths just to ruin what should be the pinnacle of another's achievements. What sort of a nasty, odious c*nt is of that mindset?

The lad's apologised, we all said and did stupid things when we were teenagers (and beyond in my case ;) ), let's move on.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:44 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:48 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
For reasons best known to themselves, someone's decided to trawl through the guy's tweets over the past 10 years, going back as far as when he was a teenager, found a couple of admittedly stupid and highly regrettable remarks he's made, but then chosen the occasion of the lad's test debut to drag them out into the light.
I'll be honest, I have more of a problem with someone who's so vindictive and so mean of spirit that they're prepared to go to any lengths just to ruin what should be the pinnacle of another's achievements. What sort of a nasty, odious c*nt is of that mindset?

The lad's apologised, we all said and did stupid things when we were teenagers (and beyond in my case ;) ), let's move on.
Don't entirely disagree there BUT the lad was 18/19 when he tweeted those things (so an adult) they were overtly offensive and rather think the issue for the ECB is this all happened on their big inclusivity and diversity day push....so I wonder whether their embarrassment will mean he's not considered again whether formally or informally.

I guess I do come to the point where I'd say someone at 18 or 19 as was the case here tweeting those things is problematic and whilst personally I think the action should be some education and move on.....I'm not sure I'd agree that tweeting overtly racist stuff is the same as 'doing some stupid stuff as teenagers'. A post that was accidental or misguided sure. Getting into a fight sure. But probably dodgy ground to excuse overt racism as 'just one of them stupid things'.

But I'd say get him on a diversity course and crack on myself. Not sure the ECB will see it that way though.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:57 am

They're bad but almost if not everyone has said similar at that age. Not like you're a kid at 17 and then the day you turn 18 you put away childish things.

I don't think they'll throw the book at him. He'll get a two or three game ban and apologise. They will feel they have to be seen to "do" something but it is forever ago.

In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:44 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Don't entirely disagree there BUT the lad was 18/19 when he tweeted those things (so an adult) they were overtly offensive and rather think the issue for the ECB is this all happened on their big inclusivity and diversity day push....so I wonder whether their embarrassment will mean he's not considered again whether formally or informally.

I guess I do come to the point where I'd say someone at 18 or 19 as was the case here tweeting those things is problematic and whilst personally I think the action should be some education and move on.....I'm not sure I'd agree that tweeting overtly racist stuff is the same as 'doing some stupid stuff as teenagers'. A post that was accidental or misguided sure. Getting into a fight sure. But probably dodgy ground to excuse overt racism as 'just one of them stupid things'.

But I'd say get him on a diversity course and crack on myself. Not sure the ECB will see it that way though.
I'd possibly be inclined to agree more if the tweets had been brought to the attention of others by somebody who'd been actually offended by them; not by somebody who's chosen to be offended on behalf of others and certainly not by a malicious hack. And I really agree with Pru that you don't wake up on your 18th birthday a wiser, more mature fellow than you were the day before. Absolutely agree with you too though re - getting him on a diversity course and cracking on.

BTW, I see that Vaughan (The Boycott in waiting) has already got stuck into the ECB over a lack of due diligence.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:51 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:44 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'd possibly be inclined to agree more if the tweets had been brought to the attention of others by somebody who'd been actually offended by them; not by somebody who's chosen to be offended on behalf of others and certainly not by a malicious hack. And I really agree with Pru that you don't wake up on your 18th birthday a wiser, more mature fellow than you were the day before. Absolutely agree with you too though re - getting him on a diversity course and cracking on.

BTW, I see that Vaughan (The Boycott in waiting) has already got stuck into the ECB over a lack of due diligence.
Vaughan's right though you'd think everyone once they hit the public eye would delete all their historic tweets just in case....many have so I guess its best that the ECB etc advise their players to do so.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 am

It's the fakeness of it all that I can't bear. Got to be seen to be doing something. Some nasty little sh*t goes trawling through old tweets looking for gold, waits for the most "explosive" time to release them then gets to pat themselves on the back for being the good guy.

Meanwhile England fans in Middlesbrough booing taking the knee passes by unmentioned and across the country people who think those things now pass by untroubled and nothing is done to change a culture where young lads think that kind of "joke" passes for wit and a personality.

Next week no-one remembers any of it and we all move on to the next worst person ever.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.