creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Two hundred for two. Good reply and great stuff from Strauss and Pietersson.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm

And Strauss gets his second ton of the series. Well done indeed sir.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun May 27, 2012 12:43 am

Does Trent Bridge have short boundaries? There seem to have been a rather greater number than average so far.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Good start. Two down already for 21, but Chanderpaul's in to steady things.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Chanderpaul has gone.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 27, 2012 5:26 pm

jaffka wrote:Chanderpaul has gone.
Aye, and very cheaply. Seems he was mugged by Strauss and Broad. Either way, massive wicket. Keep the pressure on.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun May 27, 2012 5:43 pm

I have no idea why the Windies reviewed that - as plumb as you'll see.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Fer four...Nice.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Review them two then. :pissed:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 27, 2012 6:34 pm

61-6

nice day's work then! 8)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Aye cracking day's play - surprised me to be honest, 14 wickets in the day from just 12 falling the first two.

Thought it had draw writ large, but looks like there could well be a result now.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 28, 2012 5:28 pm

blimey - that makes me feel old!!

just read that the Windies haven't beaten us over here in 24 years... :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 28, 2012 5:52 pm

thebish wrote:blimey - that makes me feel old!!
Relax young man, I saw Ramadin and Valentine, Weekes Worral and Walcott play. :wink:

Great performance by England and Bresnan really came through. Great captain's innings both times by Strauss and a professional job by all.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 28, 2012 8:38 pm

thebish wrote:blimey - that makes me feel old!!

I went to the last day, the last time they played at our place. It was actually sad to see this sorry lot trading as the West Indies, same as those heroes of our childhood.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon May 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Those terrifying all-but-invincible West Indies sides of the 70s and 80s were amazing... And long, long gone... I saw Lara's last appearance at Old Trafford - so sad.. He got about 20, ISTR, and got a standing ovation as he disconsolately trudged back to the pavilion...

Someone told me - or I read - that all the kids in the West Indies want to play baseball and make loads of money in the USA... Cricket viewed as an eccentric pastime... CLR James turning in his grave...

At the same time, in India, it's crowds of 60k...

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue May 29, 2012 12:32 am

It's nice to see West Indian cricket once again becoming a force in the world - albeit in the early stages of a revival.

I had the privilege of watching them for one day in the 1960-61 series when the Sydney test was in progress. I'm not sure as to the capacity of the SCG in those days but I remember thinking at the time that there must be that plus half again squeezed in on the day I attended. Standing on The Hill, just below the scoreboard, it was almost impossible to move even for a skinny lad such as I was. The Windies had become incredibly popular with the tied 1st test of that series. They won the Sydney test but lost the series 2-1. When I look back now at the players involved it's like a who's who of W.I. cricket:

C C Hunte
C W Smith
R B Kanhai
G S A Sobers
F M M Worrell (c)
S M Nurse
J S Solomon
F C M Alexander (k)
L R Gibbs
W W Hall
A L Valentine

If I remember rightly, at the end of the series the West Indies team was paraded through the streets of Melbourne (?) when thousands upon thousands of people turned out to acknowledge a team which had shown talent and grit on the field and charm off it. I have never heard of such a tribute being paid to another sporting team, particularly in this country. :cry:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Dujon wrote:It's nice to see West Indian cricket once again becoming a force in the world - albeit in the early stages of a revival.

I had the privilege of watching them for one day in the 1960-61 series when the Sydney test was in progress. I'm not sure as to the capacity of the SCG in those days but I remember thinking at the time that there must be that plus half again squeezed in on the day I attended. Standing on The Hill, just below the scoreboard, it was almost impossible to move even for a skinny lad such as I was. The Windies had become incredibly popular with the tied 1st test of that series. They won the Sydney test but lost the series 2-1. When I look back now at the players involved it's like a who's who of W.I. cricket:

C C Hunte
C W Smith
R B Kanhai
G S A Sobers
F M M Worrell (c)
S M Nurse
J S Solomon
F C M Alexander (k)
L R Gibbs
W W Hall
A L Valentine

If I remember rightly, at the end of the series the West Indies team was paraded through the streets of Melbourne (?) when thousands upon thousands of people turned out to acknowledge a team which had shown talent and grit on the field and charm off it. I have never heard of such a tribute being paid to another sporting team, particularly in this country. :cry:
Oh man... gary sobers, frank worrell, wes hall... When did charlie griffiths get in? He and Hall were terrifying together... Sad to see the apology that is W Indies cricket atm... I don't think it's possible to say it's likely to become a force in the world any time soon...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am

Roberts, Holding, Garner, Croft and Marshall . Thankfully, in the cricket sense, a force we don't have to face today. Oh, and Court of course. They were fearsome.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 30, 2012 12:28 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Roberts, Holding, Garner, Croft and Marshall . Thankfully, in the cricket sense, a force we don't have to face today. Oh, and Court of course. They were fearsome.
Easy to forget they had people like Sylvester Clarke and Patrick Patterson who couldn't get in the team...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 am

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Roberts, Holding, Garner, Croft and Marshall . Thankfully, in the cricket sense, a force we don't have to face today. Oh, and Court of course. They were fearsome.
Easy to forget they had people like Sylvester Clarke and Patrick Patterson who couldn't get in the team...
Saw him playing for Farnworth SC when my Uncle Jeff was playing for Daisy Hill. He bowled a bouncer at Larry Booth (pre-helmets) who pulled his bat up to protect his head. It went for six over slip. Nae shite!
May the bridges I burn light your way