creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:22 pm

jimbo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:47 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:23 am
Very sloppy in the field from England. They won’t be happy at all with that. Drops. Too many runs handed away.

Big job here to save this test I think.
We’re going about the batting nicely. Hopefully we can keep going, as we often see how quick wickets can change things. A good score from Root after this start will put us right back in the game I think.
Yeah. Overall a good day, today. Kudos to Duckett for going on after a good start.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:52 am

Not done yet, but missed chances and inability to match India's scoring may well be the difference between live or die. Come on Jimmy, get at em....

ae:) ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:15 am

Disappointed with end result to first innings. Was that 100ish for the last 8? The plus side, is if we can shoot them out, there's possibility in the 4th, which we wouldn't generally have thought last tour at this point, we'd have already written it off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:51 am

Look like another potential record breaking opportunity developing in the 4th...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:06 am

Just about the worst day we could have had. Started it in a good position with no Ashwin for them. We could have made steps towards winning the game today, but we’ve lost 8/100 and then watched them saunter to 180-1.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:20 am

Agree mate. Not very auspicious all round. Another innings when 1 batsman has fired, when we really need 2 or 3.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:31 am

Yeah it’s poor all round. We probably gave them 50 more runs than needed first innings - sloppy in the field. Maybe even more than 50.

Then having set it up with a good 35 overs of batting we collapse.

Tone for me was set day one with sloppiness in the field. It’s hard to think we were fully focussed. Maybe a holiday in the Middle East wasn’t the greatest idea.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:31 am
Yeah it’s poor all round. We probably gave them 50 more runs than needed first innings - sloppy in the field. Maybe even more than 50.

Then having set it up with a good 35 overs of batting we collapse.

Tone for me was set day one with sloppiness in the field. It’s hard to think we were fully focussed. Maybe a holiday in the Middle East wasn’t the greatest idea.
We haven't actually lost yet :| ...

ae:) ae:)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:47 am

Even Jane Austen would be hard put to see a happy ending to this one.. Ah, well, hope springs eternal.... :(

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:17 pm

Whilst I think we might have a bit more resilience now, outcome wise, this is so far, every bit as embarrassing (if not moreso) as last time we were there. Two tests to go, to turn it around some. I have more faith in this team to maybe do that, but so far, our best win was 28 runs, last time it was 200. Our biggest whooping was 324 runs, this one was 435.

They've used 14 wickets to hit 875. We lost 18 for about 220.

Not very good, but not without hope.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:34 pm

Comes down to a poor day and a bit in the field and a collapse. I don’t think we had the right mentality from the start we were sloppy day one. Conceded too many. Drops and that continued into day two. They got more runs than we should have let them.

Then Bazball gets us back in with a ridiculous scoring rate and we are 240 odd only behind. But as someone on here said the danger from there is when one goes especially Duckett as the man in it could be they all go. And that’s what happened.

Execution is the issue for me. When you are playing this cricket if you aren’t on it in the field and make poor choices batting you will end up here.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:14 pm

The bazball thing, we were at 5.5 an over, which is a fair old lick for "in India," but moderate for "in England" but that was pretty much all down to Duckett's innings. Don't think Zak, Ollie and Rooty were quite the same pace.

The processions aren't too dissimilar to last time out, in India. It was always going to be a decent test of the new England, as I suspect will the Ashes...

What I would say is hitting 6-8 an over like we do on friendlier territory is less likely, so to get to the same score, you have to get able to stay in, somewhat longer.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:56 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:14 pm
The bazball thing, we were at 5.5 an over, which is a fair old lick for "in India," but moderate for "in England" but that was pretty much all down to Duckett's innings. Don't think Zak, Ollie and Rooty were quite the same pace.

The processions aren't too dissimilar to last time out, in India. It was always going to be a decent test of the new England, as I suspect will the Ashes...

What I would say is hitting 6-8 an over like we do on friendlier territory is less likely, so to get to the same score, you have to get able to stay in, somewhat longer.
And I think they know that. For me the problem is we let them get a score that will win the game 9/10 times first innings and it wasn’t par it was over because we dropped some and didn’t seem particularly intense in fielding. The whole mentality of it goes from there.

Even after day two I didn’t feel we were really back in it as we were still 240 behind and that’s after some superb batting.

There are issues like a lack of quality spinner and injuries we can’t do much about but mentality and being switched on we can. And I don’t think the Middle East trip can have helped.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:55 pm

TBF, at 430-4 dec, they'd have probably got more 2nd innings than first. The problem when chasing 400+ is there's still a lot to get from 200-2 and as we've seen a bit too much, this series, it often takes more than one batsman to get a decent score. Test 1, Stokes 70, no one else over 40. 2nd innings one man band Ollie alongside a 7 fer, for Hartley. Test 2 top score Zak, both innings 75ish, Test 3 Duckett and nowt much else.

Whilst I think there's an obvious gap in spinners, I don't think our batsmen have acquitted themselves very well. Siraj was leading wicket taker in 1st innings. Bumrah is leading wicket taker in the series. The recent defeat is in the Top 10 on runs, ever.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:58 pm

Hmmmm - getting a definite whiff of spin early from the 4th test as they've released Jasprit from squad...and they've only played 2 tests at Ranchi and only ever needed to bat once in each....Feels like this might be a genuine spin test...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:58 pm
Hmmmm - getting a definite whiff of spin early from the 4th test as they've released Jasprit from squad...and they've only played 2 tests at Ranchi and only ever needed to bat once in each....Feels like this might be a genuine spin test...
Cue England selecting 5 seamers!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:38 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:58 pm
Cue England selecting 5 seamers!
Or 10 "Batsmen" :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:15 am

Feel like this was a very bad toss to have won looking at some of the wickets from earlier on.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:21 am

Watching via B.B.C lie text commentary ..Hopefull, but doesn't seem a lot. Much depends on our bowling...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:17 am

At the end it’s Englands day somehow….Root mainly! What a knock.