creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35976
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:58 am

Have they shown the tracking for Sibley's LBW? Looks high to me. Beautiful ball though.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:58 am
Have they shown the tracking for Sibley's LBW? Looks high to me. Beautiful ball though.
Not seen anything - I think the consensus was knee-roll + on front crease-line = half way up middle stump!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35976
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:58 am
Have they shown the tracking for Sibley's LBW? Looks high to me. Beautiful ball though.
Not seen anything - I think the consensus was knee-roll + on front crease-line = half way up middle stump!
See, I'd say 'top of off', if at all. Hopefully get to see some tracking later. Not that it alters anything :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:50 pm

No doubt about Stokes - commentator said "he's not entirely sure how that got through" - there was a gap between his bat and pad that Rakheem Cornwall could've got through.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20139
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Sorry for the inevitable but there's a lot of Joe Root at his best about Ollie Pope.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:06 am

Strange day yesterday, ended up on top on the scoreboard, but it still feels one wicket short of done n dusted.

Good innings from Burns and Buttler, and of course Pope.

Feels a bit scary with Stokes coming in so high up, not because of his capability, but after Stokes always feels like "tail"..

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Decent wag, there. Well played by Broady.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35976
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:23 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:15 pm
Decent wag, there. Well played by Broady.
I think people forget that Broad has a test match ton to his name.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26202
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:25 pm

WTF are Sibley and Burns doing here? Trundling along. We need to push this game along at a pace. Light will almost certainly curtail today. Tomorrow is a washout. We need a full 98 overs at them Tuesday. We should be looking to go at 6/7 an over or more. This is tedious.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:25 pm
WTF are Sibley and Burns doing here? Trundling along. We need to push this game along at a pace. Light will almost certainly curtail today. Tomorrow is a washout. We need a full 98 overs at them Tuesday. We should be looking to go at 6/7 an over or more. This is tedious.
Strange question. They're not going to suddenly start batting like Stokes. In opening with them, Root knows what he's getting into.

We're in a position where we could probably now give it an hour/90 mins of long handle after tea.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26202
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:25 pm
WTF are Sibley and Burns doing here? Trundling along. We need to push this game along at a pace. Light will almost certainly curtail today. Tomorrow is a washout. We need a full 98 overs at them Tuesday. We should be looking to go at 6/7 an over or more. This is tedious.
Strange question. They're not going to suddenly start batting like Stokes. In opening with them, Root knows what he's getting into.

We're in a position where we could probably now give it an hour/90 mins of long handle after tea.
Not asking them to blast 6’s but look to score. Why we are taking time of the the game and going under 3 and over in this scenario is beyond me. Not really sure why we sent them out but we did.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:52 am

Well done Broady on 500 Test wickets. No mean achievement. Just hope the rain holds off. Could do with them being 4 down by Lunch and 7 down by tea! :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20139
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:45 pm

Very close now.

5-fer for Woakes but good luck getting that ball, Chris lad :lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:45 pm
Very close now.

5-fer for Woakes but good luck getting that ball, Chris lad :lol:
Just chuck him a spare...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:51 pm

Oh and if Broad gets the last one, he'd have a 10-fer I think....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20139
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:57 pm

:lol: there you go
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26202
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:00 pm

Came together in the end the Windies couldn't cope with Broad and Jimmy in English conditions and of course Woakes who when its like this is probably close to as good as those two.

Encouraging stuff - a good series - its a shame the Windies attack clearly tired and they didn't trust their backup bowlers enough to make a change - it took the wind out of the series a little.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:00 pm
Came together in the end the Windies couldn't cope with Broad and Jimmy in English conditions and of course Woakes who when its like this is probably close to as good as those two.

Encouraging stuff - a good series - its a shame the Windies attack clearly tired and they didn't trust their backup bowlers enough to make a change - it took the wind out of the series a little.
Strange as it might seem, Anderson didn't really get just rewards - 5 wickets in 4 innings at an average of about 30. But the pressure he builds is immense. Think he'll be a bit disappointed - and probably Wood and Archer too (2 and 4 wickets although Wood only played the once). Broad, Stokes and Woakes, stand out bowlers over the three games.

Batting-wise, Burns and Sibley seem to be settling in. One of them generally seems to stick around if the other goes cheap. Root and Stokes pretty good games. Rest of the batting not brilliant, but reasonable from Buttler and Pope.

Bess, Crawley, Denly and Curran not had a great games. (although Bess was averaging 83 with the bat! What am I smoking?!?!)

Lets see how they fare against Pakistan.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26202
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:00 pm
Came together in the end the Windies couldn't cope with Broad and Jimmy in English conditions and of course Woakes who when its like this is probably close to as good as those two.

Encouraging stuff - a good series - its a shame the Windies attack clearly tired and they didn't trust their backup bowlers enough to make a change - it took the wind out of the series a little.
Strange as it might seem, Anderson didn't really get just rewards - 5 wickets in 4 innings at an average of about 30. But the pressure he builds is immense. Think he'll be a bit disappointed - and probably Wood and Archer too (2 and 4 wickets although Wood only played the once). Broad, Stokes and Woakes, stand out bowlers over the three games.

Batting-wise, Burns and Sibley seem to be settling in. One of them generally seems to stick around if the other goes cheap. Root and Stokes pretty good games. Rest of the batting not brilliant, but reasonable from Buttler and Pope.

Bess, Crawley, Denly and Curran not had a great games. (although Bess was averaging 83 with the bat! What am I smoking?!?!)

Lets see how they fare against Pakistan.

Jimmy said he struggles at OT since they turned the pitch...doesn’t suit him so he says.

That’s harsh on Crawley and Curran Imo. I thought Curran really unlucky to miss out this time round...he has knack of wickets at right times and is a bit different...

The problem we’ve got right now is too many bowlers to fit in. If Jimmy and Broad get the new ball Jofra needs to be given a specific role and learn it as back up. I don’t think he bowled well but he needs to decide whether he’s going to be a line and length test bowler or a short sharp shock aggressive quick. I mean obviously he can do a bit of both depending on conditions but right now feels like he needs a bit of guidance.

I really like Jos and feel he’s criticised a bit much for a wicket keeper batsman batting at 6/7. But pleased he got a good score and frankly made a few ok contributions with the bat.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: creeeeeeeekeeeeeet

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Crawley had one good knock in 4. The other three he was averaging about 7. Because of his age, I'd persevere a bit yet. Not sure I'm being too harsh.

Similar with Curran in terms of perseverance,I'd stick with him for a while, he's had better series though. I always struggle in my mind to determine which mainstream bowler to leave out for him and I have a similar wrestle on which batter I'd leave out. He's not a must have all-rounder either at the mo.

Buttler as I said previously, Bairstow would have to show some form to displace him and/or Foakes. Might be tempted to give one or other a go in next series (as it's pretty impossible to show form in CC at the moment). Telly box just put a graphic up of batsmen since 2019, from today's team, all averaging <45 until you get to Jos...20, but I think both he and Bairstow have more than a touch of flat track bully about 'em.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests