Le Tour!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Le Tour!

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:08 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
mrkint wrote:still a toughie today. Two hors climbs to begin with before some other toughies late on. Could be good for an early breakaway
What's a horse climb? :?
About a gallon.

Oh sorry, that's a hospice isn't it?!
*groan*
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
mrkint wrote:still a toughie today. Two hors climbs to begin with before some other toughies late on. Could be good for an early breakaway
About a gallon.

Jesus Bruce what are you on? Drugs? :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
About a gallon.

Down South maybe. In Lancashire it's auspice. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
About a gallon.

Bruce I told you I would keep you updated on any busts. Well, it looks like you've just been busted. :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:55 pm

seanworth wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
About a gallon.

Bruce I told you I would keep you updated on any busts. Well, it looks like you've just been busted. :D
Monty's been away a long time and knows nowt. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:00 am

Sounds like typical denial to me.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Quintana. Incredible. Definitely one to watch in the next few years.

We in the know call him the mountain goat btw.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:48 pm

This season seemed to be a mountain racer's dream, and Quintana certainly showed he is one to be reckoned with. Great stage win, and fun race to watch. Froome had a great tour and earned the win that I felt he really deserved last year. Assume tomorrow will be a basic run in to Paris as the podium finish is now pretty much set.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Had a very lonely 70 mile ride around Bowland this morning! Started while still half asleep with about 30 others who all shot off up the road leaving me to make my own way!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:36 pm

God I wish OPQS would learn how to do a bloody leadout. Looked great til 1km out and then they all blew up leaving Cav on his own. They need to sort that out properly for next year. Hopefully Renshaw should do the trick

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:24 pm

I hope to fck that Lesley Garrett is stuck on a ferry somewhere.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:14 pm

jimbo wrote:
seanworth wrote:
jimbo wrote:Been away for the last couple of weeks so not been following as closely, but managed to catch some bits of highlights on Catalonian TV. Sky have done a great job for Wiggans, and I'm really pleased for Froome who has shown so much energy and endurance on the climbs, whilst putting a good time trial in. He'll definitely win it for years to come.
I actually feel bad for Froome. I understand how these races are done, but Froome is clearly by far the best rider in the Tour this year. He could have left Wiggins in his tracks so many times during the mountain stages this year it wasn't even funny. Great time for cycling in the U.k. right now.
Yeah, I agree I feel sorry for him as well. Just pleased in the sense that he has really shown that he can do it and has earned himself a team leader spot somewhere for next year. He deserves that. He beat Wiggans in the Vuelta last year, but that was arguably down to Wiggans not being in best shape after his #collarbone in the Tour, but he's shown he's more than capable of beating him this last couple of weeks.
Myself and Seanworth with the vision of Brailsford..............

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:20 am

There's summat about Froome i don't like. I don't know what it is, but just summat. Maybe it's because he's just so much head and shoulders above the rest it was embarrassing at the end. Can't be having that :)

Still, got to take your titfer off after that. And to Porte, too, without whom you could argue Froome would've either not won, or done so by a lot smaller margin. amazing workhorse.

Really like the look of Quintana though, amazing climber, even if he doesn't have the burst of speed Froome has. Will be up there for years to come. Good to see Schleck back in some kind of form as well.

Finally, really sad to see Evans struggling so much. Think it's time for the Aussie to retire now. Hope this means Teejay can come to fore for BMC. Some good young uns coming through will mean Froome will have to battle for the jersey next time. Also, why wasn't Nibali in this year? He would've been a worthy contender, shirley.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:50 pm

jimbo wrote:
jimbo wrote:
seanworth wrote:
jimbo wrote:Been away for the last couple of weeks so not been following as closely, but managed to catch some bits of highlights on Catalonian TV. Sky have done a great job for Wiggans, and I'm really pleased for Froome who has shown so much energy and endurance on the climbs, whilst putting a good time trial in. He'll definitely win it for years to come.
I actually feel bad for Froome. I understand how these races are done, but Froome is clearly by far the best rider in the Tour this year. He could have left Wiggins in his tracks so many times during the mountain stages this year it wasn't even funny. Great time for cycling in the U.k. right now.
Yeah, I agree I feel sorry for him as well. Just pleased in the sense that he has really shown that he can do it and has earned himself a team leader spot somewhere for next year. He deserves that. He beat Wiggans in the Vuelta last year, but that was arguably down to Wiggans not being in best shape after his #collarbone in the Tour, but he's shown he's more than capable of beating him this last couple of weeks.
Myself and Seanworth with the vision of Brailsford..............
Aye we did call it, although it didn't seem like rocket science.

I enjoyed the race this year. It seemed to me more of a climbers tour with stages finishing on big climbs. Sky wasn't as strong this year which also made it harder for Froome as I don't believe he got the support that Wiggins got last year. The young riders were impressive and yes Quintana looks a demon. I guess next year will also be influenced by how difficult the tour is. Not being a fan of the sprinters, it was nice to see their names not mentioned for a large part of this tour. While I don't mind the antics of Sagan who at least has a sense of humour and a personality to go along with his arrogance, I rarely get excited about sprint finishes. Part way through the tour I had decided that Froome was unbeatable, and yet by the end of the tour I felt he has some serious young challengers coming up through the ranks.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:57 pm

mrkint wrote:There's summat about Froome i don't like. I don't know what it is, but just summat. Maybe it's because he's just so much head and shoulders above the rest it was embarrassing at the end. Can't be having that :)

Still, got to take your titfer off after that. And to Porte, too, without whom you could argue Froome would've either not won, or done so by a lot smaller margin. amazing workhorse.

Really like the look of Quintana though, amazing climber, even if he doesn't have the burst of speed Froome has. Will be up there for years to come. Good to see Schleck back in some kind of form as well.

Finally, really sad to see Evans struggling so much. Think it's time for the Aussie to retire now. Hope this means Teejay can come to fore for BMC. Some good young uns coming through will mean Froome will have to battle for the jersey next time. Also, why wasn't Nibali in this year? He would've been a worthy contender, shirley.
I don't mind him. I think he really wants to represent Africa as a continent and not Great Britain. Not sure why he is riding under that banner. Sure there are great financial benefits which attracted others like Lennox Lewis and Rusedski in the past, but he doesn't seem to want to play that card. As a result he seems a bit lost and strange. Can't think any glaringly obvious character flaws unlike some other riders, to make him unlikeable. Just seems a bit different, but boy can he ride a bicycle.